NUFC Transfer Rumours

12 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Chiesa is the type of signing Man Utd or West Ham would make. That’s the last I’ll say on him I promise :lol:

Aye. Once he gets injured as well "I knew this going to be a flop"

Isn't Chiesa like a Wilson (who's been successful for us too) - Wilson at Bournemouth was also very injury prone

Granted, we bought Wilson in the Bruce era so that's kind of who we bought at that time 

But he's still been a success even in the new era

As the main RW signing, perhaps not, but in conjunction with one more - definitely worth the risk imo

35 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

21m is a no brainer, we could literally get the same amount for Almiron. 
Chiesa and Murphy is better than Almiron and Murphy. 
Better for Tonali too. 

This one should be done - and even got spare cash left for a young hybrid RW/CF prospect of the Joao Pedro ilk. 

Probably depends on the likely right back.Would guess that Almiron covers far more ground without (and with) the ball. A Chiesa type on the right might be ok if Tino is covering more ground than Tripps. 

Posted (edited)

Chiesa is giving me Alan Smith vibes. Legs fucked. Thinking we’ll sign a good player then end up hating him coz he can’t do what he used to

thst being said he did score 9 league goals last season 

Edited by gdm

Just now, NWMag said:

He’s got 12 months left on his deal and isn’t getting a new one, that’s a big factor in the price. 

He’s 26 you’ve got to wonder why he’s not getting a new contract 

He just feels like the sort that'll sign for Roma and one of the Milan clubs in the next 3 years and finish up back at Fiorentina.

Chiesa is supposed to be on ~150k a week.. which would align him with our highest earners.. so not impossible but risky, considering his injuries.. 

1 hour ago, Menace said:

He was at Wolves a while back - was very underwhelming. There was a lot of hype around him before he went to Barca too.

At Barca he was stuck behind Messi, Dembele and Griezman, which is why they loaned him out.

And that Wolves team he joined was ugly. And he ended up in and out of the team from what I remember.

Been really good the last two years at Sporting and is now 24. Think he's now coming into his own.

Was too young and inexperienced to be written off for his time at Barca and Wolves IMO.

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

I want a creative left-footer. Especially as Trippier brings creativity on the right and I'll expect his minutes to reduce.

But I expect Eddie to want a Mbeumo type. That's how our wide players play generally.

Priority target was Olise though. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Priority target was Olise though. 

Has the Olise deal been completed? Last I heard there was complications as Palace wanted the fee all up front?

Edited by LFEE

Just now, LFEE said:

Has the Olise deal been completed? Last I heard there was complications as Palace wanted the fee all up front?

Don't think it has. Some strange goings on there for sure.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Was that ever realistic?

No one has confirmed he was the priority target. We were linked with him but not any further 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Was that ever realistic?

That's the kind of player he went for first, whether realistic or not.

If he preferred am Mbuemo type, he would have gone for that first.

Edited by KaKa

I think it is obvious we enquired about Olise. He is most likely one of the best right wingers available this summer. 

We might well have enquired about Mbeumo also. We do not know that.

3 minutes ago, Collage said:

I'd say it's a steal, but he seems to be Roma bound.

Would personally stay away from anyone too injury prone or on the decline. That includes Neto and Chiesa.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Would personally stay away from anyone too injury prone or on the decline. That includes Neto and Chiesa.

I'm not sure he's in decline tbh. He had a serious injury and has struggled a bit, sure, but at the same Juve haven't exactly been flying and Chiesa scored 9 goals in Serie A this season, his best season goal-wise since he left Fiorentina. Hard to assess him on the Euros, Italy were fucking shite. Still think he showed glimpses of what he can do. 

I think things might go a little quiet for a couple of weeks. Sure they will be having a review and meetings to compare notes. He might have other players on his radar that we don't, so think they will take some time. That's said, think they will move quick if Olise or someone similar could happen.