NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's not necessarily a binary choice like that. We massively improved structurally when he was playing for us, despite him being a shite finisher. 

I think that improvement was more around Howe coming in than Chris Wood, who was moved on quite quickly as there was such a drop in our play when we did rely on him.

6 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He's not RW though is he?

He played both wings last season with RW I think more so. 

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

Yeah that right Einstein. A team that was relegation fodder achieved top 4 even whilst carrying a passenger 😂😂😂😂😂

The season we came top 4 he made 3 league starts before being pushed out of the door in the January window, playing 440 minutes of football.

Bowen would be an amazing signing and would probably help us clinch top four. He can also play as striker. We need a bonafide game changer, goal scorer at RW. 

Just don’t see us signing him though, probably too expensive.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

9 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

The season we came top 4 he made 3 league starts before being pushed out of the door in the January window, playing 440 minutes of football.

Well it definitely wasn't "in spite of him then" 😂

Bear in mind I didn't mention the "top4" bit first. 

Also I was just being mischievous. I do think, however, he's unfairly maligned. 

Bought for purpose, it worked, sold for decent money. Then came back and humped us 😂😂😂

Whilst not in the same league, the Wood was shite angle is up there with Eddie only buys English honkies and Tripps' legs have gone 😂😂😂

Edited by Groundhog63

16 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Well it definitely wasn't "in spite of him then" 😂

Bear in mind I didn't mention the "top4" bit first. 

Also I was just being mischievous. I do think, however, he's unfairly maligned. 

Bought for purpose, it worked, sold for decent money. Then came back and humped us 😂😂😂

Whilst not in the same league, the Wood was shite angle is up there with Eddie only buys English honkies and Tripps' legs have gone 😂😂😂

Settle down with the laughing emojis, Comrade.

32 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I think that improvement was more around Howe coming in than Chris Wood, who was moved on quite quickly as there was such a drop in our play when we did rely on him.

Howe obviously felt the need to sign him...

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Howe obviously felt the need to sign him...

I think it’s fair to say that we were a lot more desperate back then than we are now, he was bought to do a short term job and was moved on quite quickly afterwards.

49 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

Howe brought him in though. Woods influence was noticeable as early as Leeds away. 

That's it, the handbrake is off, lovely Amanda is gone, no more mister nice guy lets brake some fucking rules and some transfer records 

1 minute ago, Collage said:

60 million Euros for a CB, that's a lot. Botman was 40 mill.

He's very very highly rated for what he could become as a prospect. Not the finished article yet though. 

Getting him for that price would actually be a decent deal, considering the kind of figures that have been spoken about for him previously. 

Had a shaky Euros, which has maybe allowed for the possibility of getting him at this price.

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

He's very very highly rated for what he could become as a prospect. Not the finished article yet though. 

Getting him for that price would actually be a decent deal, considering the kind of figures that have been spoken about for him previously. 

Had a shaky Euros, which has maybe allowed for the possibility of getting him at this price.

He's a strong, commanding and athletic CB who is good on the ball. He's as good as you can get for the long-term Schar replacement. 

4 minutes ago, jack j said:

Crikey even I've got more followers than them

They are quoting a story from @abolapt who have over 200k followers. It is likely bollocks tho 

13 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Toon Review seem to think we are signing Jonathon David for some reason

They put out a new name every day more or less, doesn't really mean much.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

They put out a new name every day more or less, doesn't really mean much.

Its the way they are insisting its a thing, seen nothing at all to suggest we are after him. Ironically they kick off over any rumours the opposite way

11 minutes ago, Kanji said:

He's a strong, commanding and athletic CB who is good on the ball. He's as good as you can get for the long-term Schar replacement. 

He's far superior, as-is, to Schar at cb, who's fantastic mind. Room would be made for him in the starting xi were he to come here (pretty skeptical of the link).