NUFC Transfer Rumours

Gnonto would be a class depth signing and probably not that expensive. £30-35m would be a good deal to have him as a cover for LW, RW, SS with a really high ceiling. Only 20 so there wouldn't be almost any risk either, could always sell him on if his development stalls.

2 hours ago, Pata said:

Gnonto would be a class depth signing and probably not that expensive. £30-35m would be a good deal to have him as a cover for LW, RW, SS with a really high ceiling. Only 20 so there wouldn't be almost any risk either, could always sell him on if his development stalls.

Smacks of wasting money we don’t have. That £30-35m should be put towards a first 11 ready player, not a prospect.

2 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

No thanks on Gnonto. Not seen anything special in him that warrants those fees. Not sure where the link is coming from, but get that nipped quick. 

He's only 20, though? I don't think Gordon playing both wings and Barnes and Gnonto splitting game time, with Murphy in reserve is a bad pool. 

3 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

He's only 20, though? I don't think Gordon playing both wings and Barnes and Gnonto splitting game time, with Murphy in reserve is a bad pool. 

We have to look at someone at a higher level than Gnomto - seen enough of him to suggest he isn’t the one 

11 minutes ago, andycap said:

I'm thinking 20 million should get him. 

For 20m, it's a no-brainer for an exciting prospect able to play both wings and an Italian international. The only thing he is lacking is height and he makes up for it with his pace, versatility, creativity, work rate and end product. Even his headers as a midget are technically good.

2 minutes ago, LRD said:

For 20m, it's a no-brainer for an exciting prospect able to play both wings and an Italian international. The only thing he is lacking is height and he makes up for it with his pace, versatility, creativity, work rate and end product. Even his headers as a midget are technically good.

All this. 

Had a bad year, granted, but that can be put down with not wanting to drop down a division then taking a huff and getting an injury. 

The huffy bit we can deal with. 

I’d rather put the £20m towards an elite level signing rather than having to water it down. We’re not in Europe, the strain on the squad won’t be the same as last season where we bulked out the squad depth. We need to focus more on the Botman, Isak types who can go straight in and enhance the starting team.

I’d rather take a punt that Sanusi will be ready in 12 months time for a squad place than pay £20-30m for someone else’s youngster.

Chris Wood is enough of an example to show that we should be investing in players to get in the 1st team and trickle down the talent into the squad, rather than buying players for the squad.

44 minutes ago, Mikky said:

We have to look at someone at a higher level than Gnomto - seen enough of him to suggest he isn’t the one 

I just see him as a Livramento/Hall type signing. We still need to be thinking of the future and not being scared off by FFP just because of what happened last month. 20 year old and already 60 games in the top two divisions and 10 caps for Italy seems a good profile that we can help fulfil his potential. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

26 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I just see him as a Livramento/Hall type signing. We still need to be thinking of the future and not being scared off by FFP just because of what happened last month. 20 year old and already 60 games in the top two divisions and 10 caps for Italy seems a good profile that we can help fulfil his potential. 

If we have the money I’d rather sign someone like a Kubo who is the right age profile and a far superior player 

25 minutes ago, Mikky said:

If we have the money I’d rather sign someone like a Kubo who is the right age profile and a far superior player 

Apropos of this, Wilfried Gnonto and Takefusa Kubo's stats for the 23/24 season are astonishingly similar (albeit in different leagues). Kubo has 7 goals and 5 assists across 2,935 minutes played and Gnonto 9 goals and 3 assists across 2,192. Kubo is a centimetre taller than Gnonto [emoji38] but older by a couple of years. 

Just a bit of stats wankery cos I'm so bored in this rumour drought. But Gnonto has Premier League experience and a potentially high ceiling. Not a bad move if the price is right.

19 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Apropos of this, Wilfried Gnonto and Takefusa Kubo's stats for the 23/24 season are astonishingly similar (albeit in different leagues). Kubo has 7 goals and 5 assists across 2,935 minutes played and Gnonto 9 goals and 3 assists across 2,192. Kubo is a centimetre taller than Gnonto [emoji38] but older by a couple of years. 

Just a bit of stats wankery cos I'm so bored in this rumour drought. But Gnonto has Premier League experience and a potentially high ceiling. Not a bad move if the price is right.

PL experience counts for nothing - Botman, Bruno, Isak to name just 3

Kubo is the better player and in my view is best suited to our team 

Got a soft spot for Gnonto (FM bias, so ignore) - also remember when he first 'burst onto the scene' at Leeds, I'm sure Manure and the likes were all looking at him.

I agree that his versatility and age make him more valuable than the £20-30m, providing these huffs he has isn't the main part of his personality, of course. To offset that - can we afford 20-30m on a luxury/quality of life/gamble signing? Who knows!

17 minutes ago, BeloEmre said:

TransferZone00. I know we’re gagging for rumours lads, but this is like licking the pub carpet to try and get a drink.

Just now, Nucasol said:

TransferZone00. I know we’re gagging for rumours lads, but this is like licking the pub carpet to try and get a drink.

Try again.

19 minutes ago, Emotic said:

I haven't seen Kubo in a full match although I've tracked his progress over the years.. He has that typical left-footed footballing genius.. dribbling agility, passing vision, crossing/shooting technique..

Gnonto, on the other hand, seems to me more of an athletic striker but he's too small for that role.. from what I've seen he lacks the footballing brain to ever be a top creative player from the wing..