NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 hours ago, Sibierski said:

We can’t break the wage structure or it’ll upset the squad.

Would we have giving him £200k+ from signing direct from Leeds? He’s output and performances at Barcelona has not been any better.

My post probably wasn't clear but I can't see it happening for the wages reason. I'd be fine if he joined but can't see them breaking the wage ceiling for him.

16 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

He can and does play RW.

Yes, I know, however it was in response to the quote from Douglas below. And that description does not refer to Olmo at all.

From the latest Douglas article:

It’s understood there are “exciting” targets being monitored. An international forward is one of those being considered for a vacancy for a dynamic, versatile striker to supplement the lethal Isak.

12 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

From the latest Douglas article:

It’s understood there are “exciting” targets being monitored. An international forward is one of those being considered for a vacancy for a dynamic, versatile striker to supplement the lethal Isak.

Actually, reading this again, I wonder if it could be Nicolas Gonzalez from Fiorentina, who has been with Argentina during the Copa America.

9 hours ago, B-more Mag said:

I wonder if Spurs are planning on keeping both Kulusevski and Johnson?

Think Kulu would be a very decent signing. Wouldn’t break the bank in fee/wages and with prem experience. Class player too!

On Kulusevski, if he was a target, presumably he'd be our starting RW, would people be happy with this? 

I only ask as I look at Spurs as our direct competitors, despite them being supieror in the PSR world, I'd hope to be pushing for top 6/4 with them, and if he isn't good enough for them, is he good enough for us? 

I say this without much knowledge of him, just curious! 

22 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Actually, reading this again, I wonder if it could be Nicolas Gonzalez from Fiorentina, who has been with Argentina during the Copa America.

My first thought was Jonathan David, not seen much of him but most people seem to think he isn’t that versatile.

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

My first thought was Jonathan David, not seen much of him but most people seem to think he isn’t that versatile.

Yeah, David is more of an out and out striker or a second striker playing off another.

He can do a job out wide, but seems moreso that, rather than actually being a dynamic threat from there.

I'm having another productive day at work so here's an extended ST/RW shortlist I managed to compile (using FM of course):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQdvNpPdDXczkDDCzTGCcPfOwEFDnaiEc4PrEkhi_sF7pzPhj6j1nY-lfOEBU92kY9r5H7LxoYZ6K8Z/pubhtml

Basically the criteria is:

- not older than 28

- current wages below 160k

- above average athleticism; taller than 1.70 :) 

- proven at a decent level

I removed some unrealistic options that fit the criteria - Nico W, Olmo etc..

Edited by junkhead

27 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Yeah, I don’t really rate David that highly, especially as a 9.

His level is probably around lower-mid to mid-table imo. 

I've seen a few people say this now, and I kind of understand it, because when I watch him his style is very unassuming and he doesn't really wow you.

Just kind of goes about his business in a pretty tidy manner, but then ... pops up with the goals. His record since coming into Europe is really good.

Think his next move is going to be very interesting, because I'm not 100% certain of how good he will turn out to be, though I lean more on the side that he'll just keep on scoring goals wherever he goes.

I’ve been banging the Kulusevski drum before and I’d say he’s a perfect Eddie Howe-player. Seems like a grounded person, knows Isak well, has a lot of potential. He’s extremely tenacious, good with the ball and I think he’d go on to be a top top player with us. Would be a perfect RW addition for us and dare I say - I’d have him above Raphinha for where we are as a club. 

12 hours ago, Skeletor said:

I don't mind Mbuemo, but he's a boring signing. Hopefully we start with someone more exciting if he is going to come in at some point. The club haven't filled me with confidence with the panic fire sale to meet PSR and bringing in just Lloyd Kelly on a free and Forest's crap goalie.

If he's the most exciting signing we make this summer then I'd be a bit disappointed but as the versatile forward in addition to a marquee RW (Simons in my example, who's not a pure RW by any means but it would be a role he'd play quite a lot) he'd be an excellent addition IMO.

You lot think we will get a player signed before the trip to Japan? Even if only one. And no, not Hall or Kelly or the keepers. 

Edited by Ikon

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

You lot think we will get a player signed before the trip to Japan? Even if only one. And no, not Hall or Kelly or the keepers. 

If we don’t, I’d imagine either Miggy or Murphy start the first game of the season.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

If we don’t, I’d imagine either Miggy or Murphy start the first game of the season.

Or Gordon on the right and Barnes on the left...I know I know...