NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, madras said:

Given that many sports have restrictions like this in place I'd be surprised if they arent treated differently to normal businesses.

Normal businesses don't stop sponsoring or commercial deals, and don't have the people wanting to do these deals, having to justify the money they are wanting to invest. Total restraint of trade and anti-competitive.

We will see what happens though, but I'll be very surprised if City don't win their case. If they don't then I'm pretty sure that City will take it further as already mentioned above

Just now, et tu brute said:

Normal businesses don't stop sponsoring or commercial deals, and don't have the people wanting to do these deals, having to justify the money they are wanting to invest. Total restraint of trade and anti-competitive.

We will see what happens though, but I'll be very surprised if City don't win their case. If they don't then I'm pretty sure that City will take it further as already mentioned above

But restrictions etc are put in place on normal businesses to aid competition (ie Stagecoach being stopped from running free busses just in front of other smaller companies to drive them out of business). If it's seen that allowing us and Man City almost unlimited sponsoring would make things less competitive then I'd guess rules within business law could be used to, in their eyes, even things up a bit.

15 minutes ago, andycap said:

Has paqueta admitted it? 

Tonali and toney did so it was looked at quicker. 

No, he's denied it from the start.

In the short-term that works out for him because he's (obviously) free to carry on until the case against him is proven. The problem for him is that if he is guilty then the punishment is going to reflect the fact that he fought it. For example, one of the reasons the FA didn't add any additional punishment to Tonali's ban was because the only evidence they had that he had been gambling in the UK was provided by Tonali himself. He had also cooperated fully with the Italian investigation once he'd been made aware of it. I'm not sure what happened with Toney's case.

We can't go into the weekend without a rumour. So here's one. £60M for Dwight McNeil.

I've just made this rumour up, however feel free to discuss Howe losing his mind and how McNeil would make a great signing for anyone other than us.

3 minutes ago, TBG said:

We can't go into the weekend without a rumour. So here's one. £60M for Dwight McNeil.

I've just made this rumour up, however feel free to discuss Howe losing his mind and how McNeil would make a great signing for anyone other than us.

We should be all over that! 

Just now, madras said:

But restrictions etc are put in place on normal businesses to aid competition (ie Stagecoach being stopped from running free busses just in front of other smaller companies to drive them out of business). If it's seen that allowing us and Man City almost unlimited sponsoring would make things less competitive then I'd guess rules within business law could be used to, in their eyes, even things up a bit.

You're not getting it, currently us and City are being stopped from doing deals because they are associated parties. Rules that were only brought in as a direct result of our takeover to stop accepted business practices. Stagecoach were stopped as a result of affecting other companies business and these rules were brought in directly to stop our business also. You can't do that in this countries competition laws and there is nothing relating to associated party deals for other 'normal' businesses either as I stated. 

4 minutes ago, TBG said:

More proof that Eddie only buys British, Brexit Mags etc

4 minutes ago, TBG said:

£60m for McNeil, what is Mitchell playing at letting Howe have control of signing, in this PSR world we really need to be looking abroad for signings instead of Premier League cloggers who cost a premium. Really starting to think the people at our club don't have a clue.  

1 minute ago, 54 said:

£60m for McNeil, what is Mitchell playing at letting Howe have control of signing, in this PSR world we really need to be looking abroad for signings instead of Premier League cloggers who cost a premium. Really starting to think the people at our club don't have a clue.  

Brexit Eddie showing he isn't ruthless again. It won't be long before PIF take matters into their own hands, they don't tolerate second best.

8 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

You're not getting it, currently us and City are being stopped from doing deals because they are associated parties. Rules that were only brought in as a direct result of our takeover to stop accepted business practices. Stagecoach were stopped as a result of affecting other companies business and these rules were brought in directly to stop our business also. You can't do that in this countries competition laws and there is nothing relating to associated party deals for other 'normal' businesses either as I stated. 

That's the way laws work, something happens, it's deemed wrong or unhelpful, laws are brought in to stop or lessen it.

There is nothing in business laws about salary caps etc but we have them in many sports.

If football clubs are just businesses can a player sue for being suspended by the FA causing them to lose appearance money etc ?

2 minutes ago, adamjk007 said:

Graeme Bailey linking us with Todibo this morning, saying we've held talks even though West Ham already agreed a deal. 

Lush signing. Annoyed West Ham are in the race, no doubt playing the Larndarn card.

3 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Fucking hell

image.thumb.png.17c4c957f58f6e7bed2c9ab15f97ee41.png

I don't even know where to start with that. It's obviously not true, he's never been worth anywhere near that and I truly don't believe a single word of that tweet.

Just now, madras said:

That's the way laws work, something happens, it's deemed wrong or unhelpful, laws are brought in to stop or lessen it.

There is nothing in business laws about salary caps etc but we have them in many sports.

If football clubs are just businesses can a player sue for being suspended by the FA causing them to lose appearance money etc ?

That's employment law, nothing to do with competition law. The salary cap has obviously been agreed with unions.

No the Premier League brought in a rule not a law. That rule has to match up with what is actually in British law. Man City have taken a case to state this is not the case. You seem to be getting confused that the Premier League rules are law and they most certainly are not. That's why it's being challenged 

1 hour ago, Zero said:

I can’t predict what will happen next to be honest, especially if Man City lose the case. 

I fear you’ll see any sponsorship deals that originate in the gulf area or that can be linked to PIF being against the more onerous APT rules and not being allowed.

1 minute ago, FloydianMag said:

I fear you’ll see any sponsorship deals that originate in the gulf area or that can be linked to PIF being against the more onerous APT rules and not being allowed.

Definitely if they do lose the case.