NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Would hope we aim much higher.

Agreed and think it's unlikely.

But maybe, even if there was anything in it, another way to look at it would be as a back up / rotational striker for cup games etc, meaning Isak would be the main man and therefore going nowhere. I kind of think the same way with the DCL links.

Get back into Europe next time and maybe then is when you go big on another striker.

Anyway, probably just speculation throwing our name into the hat for bargaining reasons, so probably wrong.

Guy must have some strong underlying stats to have clubs touted for him at that fee at that age. Guess the caveat is, he could develop those stats into a proper top class striker, or he’s off the field antics just see him be a ‘what if’ guy. 

1 hour ago, Fezzle said:

That Duran shit couldnt be more fabricated for clicks if it tried

Thing is if we signed him he would be hungry like a wolf to prove a point. In an ordinary world we would be going for a lot better. 

Just now, aussiemag said:

Luke Edward’s thinks it’s almost certain that Trippier leaves this window and likely that Longstaff, Almiron and Wilson follow him. 

Player sales have also been discussed and it would appear increasingly certain that England international Kieran Trippier will be sold this summer, with interest from clubs in Saudi Arabia. There are also doubts about midfielder Sean Longstaff, who only has a year left on his contract, as well as winger Miguel Almiron and centre forward Callum Wilson, who has picked up a back injury early in pre-season.

19 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

If all 4 did go, that would mean some wild buying. All four would need replacing, on top of getting a CB in, and maybe a goalkeeper if opportunity arises.

£200m spend incoming.

Yeah thats not happening

23 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

If all 4 did go, that would mean some wild buying. All four would need replacing, on top of getting a CB in, and maybe a goalkeeper if opportunity arises.

£200m spend incoming.

Wild buying you say…. :cheesy:

3 minutes ago, Ben said:

I dunno like, I can see us splashing out this summer on the right players 

Id be shocked if we went that big. CB/RW and yound St maybe a kid or two if we got rid of those

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I would be a bit miffed if we signed Thiaw when Tomori is potentially available, even more so if he ended up at West Ham. Would trust Eddie and the scouting team if that was the case though and hope that Thiaw is the better option but for me Tomori is a fantastic defedner and was great in both games against us last season. 

Longstaff is a certain starter for the first game of the season, and CM is already thin so I can’t see that sale. More likely a new contract.

Wilson is injured and Miggy has been available since January without interest.

Trippier in my view would be a big loss and would mean signing a new RB, probably on a similiar fee to whatever trippier would get. Unless the player is driving it I don’t see that as good selling

23 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Longstaff is a certain starter for the first game of the season, and CM is already thin so I can’t see that sale. More likely a new contract.

Wilson is injured and Miggy has been available since January without interest.

Trippier in my view would be a big loss and would mean signing a new RB, probably on a similiar fee to whatever trippier would get. Unless the player is driving it I don’t see that as good selling

Al-Shabab wanted Miggy in January, but he didn't want to go. I think we could still sell if we find a rw.