NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I know Gonzalez is rated and his numbers and all that look great, but stylistically what sort of player is he?

Has he got that creative element people want from the right winger?

Haven't really seen much of Fiorentina the last few years.

1 hour ago, TBG said:

Get turned over by Hull in a meaningless glorified training session pre season friendly, and I can see another late night crisis meeting held at the training ground,  that has been heavily upgraded, but still remains without a sponsor and not replaced, to discuss Adidas' efforts or there lackof so far 

Spoiler alert: None of the above is happening.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I know Gonzalez is rated and his numbers and all that look great, but stylistically what sort of player is he?

I know very little about him but liked this quote:

“González has earned his nickname of el Bicho: he's an outrageously quick attacker, capable of stop-starting past defenders like a waterbug. His long speed and his quick-twitch movements are really impressive.” 

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Think Gonzales would be an odd fit for us. In my limited viewings, he loves to cut inside and have a crack, but he isn't the most creative and doesn't seem to graft like our lot do.

Can’t say I’ve seen him a lot at all. Having said that we don’t need 11 grafters. If a player is good enough and offers something different of high quality then it might even be good for us to offer some variety and balance. A more creative RW would be my pick. A player that gives us another dimension and variety is what I want, even if at the cost of missing out on a bit of “graft”. Not that I want a super lazy player with poor attitude. 

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Can’t say I’ve seen him a lot at all. Having said that we don’t need 11 grafters. If a player is good enough and offers something different of high quality then it might even be good for us to offer some variety and balance. A more creative RW would be my pick. A player that gives us another dimension and variety is what I want, even if at the cost of missing out on a bit of “graft”. Not that I want a super lazy player with poor attitude. 

I like the prospect of two outrageously quick attackers left and right. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

2 hours ago, joeyt said:

The takeover announcement completely out of the blue was the biggest high for me

All of a sudden Mike Ashley would be a distant memory with droves of people flocking to the stadium to celebrate

Listening to NTS and them playing The Sicilian Clan by Morricone perfectly in time with me giddily watching Isak's plane come in to land at Newcastle Airport from my bedroom window was joyous. Felt like I was in a film :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I think Fiorentina accepted the offer last year. It was Gonzalez who didn't want to go to Brentford.

The last news I can find about it is from September last year saying Fiorentina rejected a bid for him in the summer and he signed a new contract with them.

Nico is an exciting, technical winger who always gets/creates chances with his movement, but his finishing often isn't great. Came on in the Copa America final and caused Colombia all kinds of problems, just couldn't convert any. Interesting link. 

26 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Much more technically gifted than Almiron and quite similar in always wanting to cut inside (but does have a right foot and can/does go down the right). His work rate isn't as high as Almiron's but that's probably because there's few players out there who put a shift in like Miggy. Has a sweet strike on him and takes penalties too.

I like the look of him even if not a creative/playmaking type. Looks a live wire. Seems to score some good headers too. Just my impressions from YouTube (I know I know) 

Just get it done. I’m craving here :lol: 

Edited by Ikon

29 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Think Gonzales would be an odd fit for us. In my limited viewings, he loves to cut inside and have a crack, but he isn't the most creative and doesn't seem to graft like our lot do.

It’s funny, just generally not saying your right or wrong, but I’ve never seen this guy play, I’ve seen you say he doesn’t graft like our lot do, and I saw a tweet saying he works his tits off [emoji38]