NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

33 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Apparently Arsenal wanted him and met with him and were immediately put off by his personality.

Considering he took 0 responsibility for the gambling and tried to pass it off as if he's been stitched up - I believe it.

yeah i wasnt super impressed by his reaction to the betting, seemed to consider it the world against him, then after the club backed him and he got back in immediately kept publicly courting suitors which felt unnecessary. Also while clearly really good his form was quite poor for a bit, not sure he's all that. England call up gone to his head

On 24/07/2024 at 01:45, Optimistic Nut said:

If he's happy to be on no more than £30-40k a week and to be third choice striker behind Isak & Gordon, then fair enough. 

If he isn't I'll have that.

Just now, Mike said:

Imagine being too much of a bellend for Arsenal.

Incredible isn’t it? A team with the PL’s biggest bellend of a manager, Kai Havertz and Arsenal Fans TV consider you a liability. I’d be broken.

Delighted Mitchell has come in and is overseeing the window, if he has paused deals to re-evaluate then he’s doing his job in my opinion.

Last summer was ill thought out strategically and left us way short, Eddie might be a great coach but with PSR concerns the transfer approach needs mapped out to take us to the next level and that should be Mitchell’s final say going forward.

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

“Fuck Brentford” hardly screams professionalism.

That and after they supported him throughout his entire ban his first interview is all about him wanting to leave for a big club. 

Hope we stay well clear and judging by Fee/Wages/Age and need to start most games I think we’ll be safe.

36 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Delighted Mitchell has come in and is overseeing the window, if he has paused deals to re-evaluate then he’s doing his job in my opinion.

Last summer was ill thought out strategically and left us way short, Eddie might be a great coach but with PSR concerns the transfer approach needs mapped out to take us to the next level and that should be Mitchell’s final say going forward.

That's an intriguing perspective. In your opinion, what actions could have been taken differently to improve the outcome? Additionally, it's worth noting that last summer, Dan Ashworth held the position of Director of Football, not Eddie. Therefore, I'm not entirely clear on how Eddie's involvement is relevant in this context.

3 minutes ago, tarie4 said:

That's an intriguing perspective. In your opinion, what actions could have been taken differently to improve the outcome? Additionally, it's worth noting that last summer, Dan Ashworth held the position of Director of Football, not Eddie. Therefore, I'm not entirely clear on how Eddie's involvement is relevant in this context.

Sandro Tonali (failure because of the ban), Barnes (needed lw backup after ASM left), Livramento (needed), Minteh (big profit and needed), Lewis Hall (needed when Targett failed to recover). Wasn't a terrible window considering Ashworth's double dealing. 

5 minutes ago, tarie4 said:

It’s well documented Howe had final say on transfers, yes their should be a committee, but the SD should have final say in my book as the farce at the start of this window showed.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

It’s well documented Howe had final say on transfers, yes their should be a committee, but the SD should have final say in my book as the farce at the start of this window showed.

I believe this may not be entirely accurate. Staveley stated that the Chairman of the board has the final say on all transfers. I think you may be mistaken in your assumptions. As I mentioned, Ashworth was the Director of Football. He was responsible for developing the club's strategy. Therefore, if you consider last summer to have been a strategic failure, the responsibility lies solely with Ashworth. However, I am curious to hear your perspective on why you believe last summer was a disaster. What do you think they could have done better?

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Howe will probably continue to have final say on transfers. It's fairly common practice.

It hasn’t really steered us wrong to date.

Eddie has never had the final say on transfers. If you watch the Antony Gordon purchase on the "We are Newcastle" series, you will clearly see this.

2 minutes ago, tarie4 said:

Eddie has never had the final say on transfers. If you watch the Antony Gordon purchase on the "We are Newcastle" series, you will clearly see this.

Ashworth confirmed it. He more or less said there's no point in signing a player the manager isn't interested in.

By all accounts we operate via a transfer committee, which Howe is part of. Blaming him for apparent failures and not crediting him for any of the success is incredibly agenda driven.