NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

What else would you like? 

dunno but if we believe the reports Olise was our top top target then how far down are we to plump for madueke and I’m fed up hearing about potential coz potential wasn’t good enough when it came to minteh. 

26 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Imagine Madueke being brought up to Wor Anthony’s level!

Gordon—-Isak—-Madueke

Big Joe—-Bruno—-Sandro

Hall—Kelly—Schär—Tino

Pope

I really hope that's the first choice left-side of the defence until Botman is back. Potentially Schar LCB and Thiaw RCB. No reason at all for Burn to be starting as many games now. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think the RW should be a no-doubt mega signing ideally, the question is whether that player is available. 

We really haven't made any mega signings and don't need to.

Just need to get a player the manager rates and believes will excel in our setup.

Same as we have been doing already, and having success with.

21 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Gordon was a cranky little cheating diver, but I never seen him do what Madueke did during that penalty incident. Again, he could be fine, it's just another one where I'm not excited by it like I was Bruno, Botman, Isak, but maybe I would be a year down the line ala Gordon, Hall, Livramento

Chelsea had a lot of new, young players and I suspect that the atmosphere around the dressing room was a bit immature. If I remember right, he wasn't the only one fighting to get that ball. Madueke is not going to behave like that with the likes of Schar and Joelinton around.

Overall, yes I think this lad probably does need a bit of straightening out, but Eddie has a good record of improving players.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Just need to get a player the manager rates and believes will excel in our setup.

Yeah, maybe I phrased that wrongly. I just meant someone who is the next level of quality and clearly likely to make it. Albeit I accept that all signings are a risk. 

We’re a signing away from one of the best forward lines in Europe, it might be worth going a bit bigger than the transfers we’ve made before. 

I trust the club either way though. 

Also I like Madueke in isolation and he would improve here. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

I think people will be in for a shock if they are thinking our starting 11 will be drastically improved / changed come the season 

Knowing Eddie and guessing the signing we make, I can only imagine a new RW would start. Can imagine new CB on the bench at the start, and don't forget Longstaff starting until Tonali ban has ended 🙂

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

We’ve made at least a couple mega signings and a few players for big money that are either proven or have high upside. 

Madueke was less productive than Minteh was in the Eredivisie. There must be better options than him for £40m. 

11 minutes ago, janpawel said:

I think people will be in for a shock if they are thinking our starting 11 will be drastically improved / changed come the season 

99% of the reports are saying a purple RW, CB to take over for Schar in the years to come, backup striker. Its only the RW who will go straight in so I dont think anyone are expecting an overhaul tbh. But I expect the RW to be far more goals/assists profilic than Madueke.

12 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yeah, maybe I phrased that wrongly. I just meant someone who is the next level of quality and clearly likely to make it. Albeit I accept that all signings are a risk. 

We’re a signing away from one of the best forward lines in Europe, it might be worth going a bit bigger than the transfers we’ve made before. 

I trust the club either way though. 

Also I like Madueke in isolation and he would improve here. 

Yeah, I just think the approach has always been to sign players that are highly thought of by the manager/recruitment team and that is the priority.

For what it's worth, I'm not particularly keen on Madueke, but if that's who their choice is, I'm pretty certain it will work out well.

At one point the likes of Diaby and Szoboszlai looked like they would have been great additions, and they have proved to be pretty disappointing.

24 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We’ve made at least a couple mega signings and a few players for big money that are either proven or have high upside. 

Madueke was less productive than Minteh was in the Eredivisie. There must be better options than him for £40m. 

I'm really not that keen on Madueke. Chelsea paid around £30 million for him though, and so he will cost around £40 million is all I said.

There's enough there that I could see him doing better than expected if he signed, even though I'm not that sold on him, and so if that's their choice so be it.

I couldn't tell you how good the PSV team Madueke played for in the Dutch league was compared to the Feyenoord team Minteh featured in. And so not sure how best to compare them.

Also, Howe has now come out himself and said he was looking forward to working with Minteh this summer and evaluating him. He has himself said he didn't want to lose him.

We had to sell Minteh due to difficult circumstances and have done, and so I don't know why he keeps being spoken of as though we got rid of him because he wasn't wanted or rated.

Edited by KaKa

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

If we didn’t have the PSR nonsense, I’m guessing Minteh would have lined up as first choice RW. 

If we didnt have the 'PSR nonsense' Minteh still wouldnt be at the club as we would have signed multiple players far better than him

Edited by geordie_b

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

If we didn’t have the PSR nonsense, I’m guessing Minteh would have lined up as first choice RW. 

If he had a good pre season, he would have certainly had a chance to. 

At the minimum though, he would have been a quality backup on the right, and others would have left the club.

19 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

If we didnt have the 'PSR nonsense' Minteh still wouldnt be at the club as we would have signed multiple players far better than him

I assume people meant specifically our PSR isues late June that forced us to sell Anderson and Minteh, as opposed to PSR in general.

34 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Also who are these mega signings we made @The College Dropout?

Tonali and Isak. Big in fee and reputation.  

Trippier was a massive coup at the time too.  

Botman and Bruno were highly rated too. Linked to some other big clubs. Maybe not mega but close. 

We’ve done really well in getting players top clubs were having a look at but had not pulled the trigger. And we got one from a big club and beat that same big club to another one. 

30 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I doubt it, too early to expect him to just step in and play to such a high level. 

Actually I think planning to start Minteh would’ve attracted more criticism than selling him. Can imagine the posts now - young, unproven, only played well in Holland etc. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I doubt it, too early to expect him to just step in and play to such a high level. 

Actually I think planning to start Minteh would’ve attracted more criticism than selling him. Can imagine the posts now - young, unproven, only played well in Holland etc. 

Can't remember people saying such things about the likes of Anderson and Miley when they were eased in from lower league/next to no significant experience, so I think Minteh would have been given a fair crack just like everybody else coming in.

On a general note, Brighton, Dortmund, Lyon and the likes were happy to spend >30m on him, so perhaps we should stop pretending he'd be nowhere near ready for some first team action in a top league yeah..?

9 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Can't remember people saying such things about the likes of Anderson and Miley when they were eased in from lower league/next to no significant experience, so I think Minteh would have been given a fair crack just like everybody else coming in.

On a general note, Brighton, Dortmund, Lyon and the likes were happy to spend >30m on him, so perhaps we should stop pretending he'd be nowhere near ready for some first team action in a top league yeah..?

Bang on. There should be no shame merely admitting we planned poorly, and lost a highly sought after talent for it.

No one in here denies, as far as I know, that it was the right move to sell under the circumstances.

Edited by Upthemags

Mbeumo would be my pick of the bunch, he’s a near perfect fit for our RW spot in terms of how he would be able to contribute to the system overall as well as offering a genuine threat.

Im not sure how realistic he’d be though, as I doubt Brentford let both him and Toney leave in the same window. I get the feeling we may end up with an out of the blue signing for this position, someone we have seen no link to yet.