NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

9 hours ago, Unbelievable said:

Agree with most of that, but Huijsen is exactly the type of player we should be looking at for that position, i.e. a very promising albeit a bit raw central defender, who can already do a job and has the potential to be a starter long term. Every transfer carries a risk, but I think Huijsen at 12m will be seen as a bargain over time. He has the Spanish national team and the Dutch national team fighting over which he will represent in the future already (Spain winning).

Haven’t seen enough of Huijsen specifically to be able to comment but he may not be the positional profile we’re looking for. I also think we’ll go bigger on the CB, someone a bit more first team ready who can come in immediately and make an impact whereas I think Huijsen, simply because of his lack of experience, would be viewed as more of a project over the next few years. We still have more pressing concerns in the first team squad that we have to fill before looking at this type of signing. 

Bournemouth have recruited very smartly over recent years so I’m sure he’ll be a good signing for them and he may turn into an excellent player in time but I’ll back our recruitment team to get our CB signing right. We probably only have the budget for one CB and we need someone who can hit the ground running (in Howe terms). 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Personally think that’s terrible news for Chelsea. Might be good for their books, will be terrible for their team spirit 

Agreed. It almost doesn't matter if people think he's good or not. He clearly cared and I'm not sure you can say that about a lot of their squad.

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Gallagher going to Atleti. That's one chalked off the Chris Waugh copy and paste job.

That leaves Elanga, DCL and Madueke.

47 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Puts to bed the rumour he wouldn’t leave London that surfaced everytime we were linked.

Madrids a little bit more fashionable than Newcastle to be fair.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Gallagher going to Atleti. That's one chalked off the Chris Waugh copy and paste job.

He’ll be reheating the DCL rumour, don’t worry.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Puts to bed the rumour he wouldn’t leave London that surfaced everytime we were linked.

Sure it was said he would never move north of London. He’s sticking to the story. 

Rejected two 3 new three year contracts that would have made him one of the highest earners at the club. Surprised at that to be honest. Maybe he wanted longer?

7 hours ago, Magpie said:

Rejected two 3 new three year contracts that would have made him one of the highest earners at the club. Surprised at that to be honest. Maybe he wanted longer?

Think that’s more club releasing hit pieces to make it seem like they tried all they can and Gallagher is forcing move. When in reality, they’ve not made much effort, happy to sell to bring in PSR funds for further spending and already have his replacement in KDH. 

Some downgrade this Chelsea squad going to be end of August after spending £150m+

The literally sacked the manager who brought him back in as a starter.

Gallagher is a good to excellent player for certain tactical systems, Pep-style death by possession isn’t one of them. 

A little surprised that he hasn’t went to Spurs/Liverpool tbh but always cool to see English players test themselves abroad. 

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Gallagher is a good to excellent player for certain tactical systems, Pep-style death by possession isn’t one of them. 

A little surprised that he hasn’t went to Spurs/Liverpool tbh but always cool to see English players test themselves abroad. 

I think he’ll do well. Trippier-esque signing from Simeone.

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Chelsea want mount money for him from an English club, Liverpool and Spurs are two of the least likely clubs to pay it imo. 

Madueke proved himself to be an absolute whopper with the way he went on over that penalty at the back end of last season.

No thanks.

4 minutes ago, Sima said:

Madueke proved himself to be an absolute whopper with the way he went on over that penalty at the back end of last season.

No thanks.

Apparently fought over a penalty yesterday also.

Did Callum Wilson not take the huff when Isak wouldn't give him the pen late on last season. People don't seem to hate him as much for it

4 minutes ago, Fak said:

Gordon looked a massive whopper at Everton as well until Howe took him in. 

Yeah he was despised on here. He even had that strop after being subbed when our player. Didn’t turn out too bad for us in the end. I’m sure if we get him he’ll come good for us, and him Wor Anthony and Isak will be terrorising defences for some time to come!