NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

55 minutes ago, Mike said:

Depth, the disparity between the club's opinion of need vs ours. Whether or not they're leaning on last year being a fluke re: injuries.

The club judging by the press briefings are aligned with the general consensus of the fans (RW, RCB purples followed by young CF). Anything else will be opportunistic signings.

The dilemma will be do you wait for some player sales and lump that money to go and try and tempt your first choice or do you pay less but still similar amount for your second choice.

If another club snares either of your choices it can force the clubs hand.

Buying similar or lesser players to what we have is easy. Improving on what we’ve got by a big margin is much more difficult and usually far more expensive.

I think it’s safe to say Almiron, Trippier, Wilson and judging by silence on contract Longstaff are available at the right price to add to the pot.

Wilson’s sale would make it a three purple window.

Almiron sale will confirm RW purchase this window.

Trippier sale will confirm the RCB purchase this window who’ll presumably also be able to cover RB.

Longstaff sale is covered by Hall and youth product pathway if called upon with Kelly covering Hall.

Thats the way I see it rounding up the last couple of months info.

Edited by LFEE

12 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I’m pretty resigned to not getting a RW or senior ST at this point, now I’m mainly hoping we don’t lose any purples and bring in a first team CB.

That's the spirit. 

30 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I’m pretty resigned to not getting a RW or senior ST at this point, now I’m mainly hoping we don’t lose any purples and bring in a first team CB.

There’s absolutely zero to suggest this is the case

15 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but would that not only affect the PSR situation from the moment of signing the extension as opposed to the whole financial year just closed? Could have been done in January assuming he was willing to entertain the idea, and perhaps still could have helped a bit, but probably not as much as you might think (assuming 40m on 3,5 year is 11.4m amortisation + 3.1m wages per year = 14.5m old situation to let's say 40m on 5 year is 8m amortisation = 6m in wages = 14m for an increase of 60k to 120k in line with Isak's contract as an example). Plus in that scenario we'd obviously also increased our cost level for this year and years coming up.

Keeping our best players by rewarding them with better deals they may deserve is probably going to prevent us from bringing in players while our revenue is as low as it is, isn't it..?

Yeah, not saying it was a solution in June. But would seem an obvious move in January or for July 1.

Only difference from what you said is once extended the five years are spread across the remainder of the fee, so there’s £2-3m more in amortization savings depending on when it was done.

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

I'm actually pretty optimistic we will still do both, it just may go down to the final week of the window for RW. But I also think said RW will be seen as Isak/Bruno level.

Like, all the Bowen links earlier in the window.. no one else notice that they have just signed another wide forward player despite already having Bowen and Kudus?

28 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

I'm actually pretty optimistic we will still do both, it just may go down to the final week of the window for RW. But I also think said RW will be seen as Isak/Bruno level.

Like, all the Bowen links earlier in the window.. no one else notice that they have just signed another wide forward player despite already having Bowen and Kudus?

I did indeed - and with them wanting £80m for him and Gordon valued at roughly the same and with us having Harvey Barnes for left wing - I put 2 + 2 together and hopefully I've got 41!

34 minutes ago, sushimonster85 said:

Summerville ? He’s a LW isn’t he, plus Bowen plays through the middle mainly for them.

22 minutes ago, JP said:

Has Guler signed yet?

Not yet, I've just been talking to him in the Copthorne, he's waiting for his free pint of Carling for checking in.

Promising. 

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Not yet, I've just been talking to him in the Copthorne, he's waiting for his free pint of Carling for checking in.

Promising. 

As a good Muslim lad, much like Malick Thiaw, wor Arda wouldn't touch alcohol. 

7 minutes ago, andycap said:

Ryan sessegnon went back to Fulham on a free. 

Always wondered if he could play right-wing. 

He looked a superstar when we were in the Championship - I'm sure he tore us to shreds up here? Didn't they get a pen and he had already scored two and didn't take it?!

Looks like money might be tight. Be interesting to see how we navigate that, and who we bring in.

Eddie Howe has revealed that a “blockbuster” signing “might be difficult” to pull off this summer, but hopes it may not be long until the club are in a position to pursue such deals.

Speaking to the media from Japan, the boss insists “transfers have changed” following the introduction of FFP and PSR, admitting it’s still “difficult for us” to spend freely despite Saudi ownership and an increase in revenues. However, he insists all markets are being explored and hopes for a breakthrough soon on the transfer front.

“I think a blockbuster like that might be difficult,” Howe said. “The rules have changed. Transfers have changed. I hope that it’s not permanently. I hope in time we will improve our position to enable to sign that calibre of player. Currently that is difficult for us right now.”

“We are navigating a period where we have to be very aware of what we are doing financially. We are having to plan ahead. But I hope that won’t be forever.”

“All markets (are being explored) but I think the free transfers are gone. We’ve got one in Lloyd who I think is a brilliant one and there are a couple of others out there but I think now it is about probably signing players for money. Loans are always difficult.”

Edited by KaKa

Not sticking up for Luke as I’ve mocked him many a time but I do think there may be some credence in us trying to get rid of players first. It ties in with Mitchell wanting to trim squad/wages. We don’t really have a massive squad though, compared to others? The Ashley deadwood needs to go whether it’s perm or loan until the contracts run out, maybe that’s who it is. Lewis, Fraser, Hayden. Possibly even people like Targett who have no realistic chance of playing now. A loan to S’oton seems perfect for him. 

Just now, Joelinton7 said:

Not sticking up for Luke as I’ve mocked him many a time but I do think there may be some credence in us trying to get rid of players first. It ties in with Mitchell wanting to trim squad/wages. We don’t really have a massive squad though, compared to others? The Ashley deadwood needs to go whether it’s perm or loan until the contracts run out, maybe that’s who it is. Lewis, Fraser, Hayden. Possibly even people like Targett who have no realistic chance of playing now. A loan to S’oton seems perfect for him. 

If we want/need to sell before we can buy, then it’s going to be a disappointing summer (Unless we sell a purple).

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

If we want/need to sell before we can buy, then it’s going to be a disappointing summer (Unless we sell a purple).

Tbf it has been disappointing thus far. Though there is time left, it’s only two weeks until the season starts. 

Just now, Joelinton7 said:

Tbf it has been disappointing thus far. Though there is time left, it’s only two weeks until the season starts. 

The club gambled in January not taking bids for the players they are struggling to shift now. Thems the breaks.

Just now, Nucasol said:

The club gambled in January not taking bids for the players they are struggling to shift now. Thems the breaks.

Other than Trippier to Bayern, what bids did we not take ?

It’s actually so boring, we have genuinely gone backwards at this current rate, in what is going to be an even more competitive PL this season. Will Howe last the season if we finish 7th or 8th? 
Even if Almiron doesn’t go, the position desperately needs an upgrade. Wilson needs a young back up of calibre. Even a loan at this point would be a relief. A good RCB on loan because we have two CBs coming back could work well.