NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Wouldn't be surprised. PSR doesn't really afford us the 'luxury' of keeping Almiron as a backup for a quality right attacker. We can have squad depth with some bargain basement players, or further quality funded through sales. If Gordon has indeed only 2 years left and we can get £100m this summer, his immediate sale to Liverpool has to be seriously considered.

Athletic have been saying all summer we will use most of our budget on a right winger, I’m choosing to believe this. Literal self sabotage if we go into the season with Murphy and Miggy as our prime right sided options. 

Just now, r0cafella said:

Athletic have been saying all summer we will use most of our budget on a right winger, I’m choosing to believe this. Literal self sabotage if we go into the season with Murphy and Miggy as our prime right sided options. 

The bid or interest in Guehi suggests this isn’t the case though.

I think the club will do everything it can to both move Almiron on and get a replacement. We 100% need a new RW option and there are a few ways of doing it - buy a direct replacement, loan someone with the option of making it permanent or moving Gordon over to the RW and letting Barnes become LW. I know which option I like best...

Moving Almiron on this window is the key to solving the problem though. He's got every right to dig his heels in and refuse the move though, his contract works both ways. However, he's got to understand that he needs to be replaced, the entire fanbase can see it. If he refuses the move then he's not going to be very popular across the fanbase imo. But it's his career at the end of the day

9 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

If Gordon has indeed only 2 years left and we can get £100m this summer, his immediate sale to Liverpool has to be seriously considered.

Liverpool are not going to pay £100m for Gordon especially if they don't move one of their lw's. 

Refuse to believe we won’t sign a RW :D We’ve made at least two signings in every position since the takeover (GK/LB/CB/RB/CM/LW/ST) and RW is the one we’ve not signed a single player, and this summer we go, nah, still won’t. 

Jog on :D RW will be a big purple chip, just a case of when and who. 

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I keep forgetting that Atlanta has a sell-on clause with Miggy. :sad:

I'd really love some rumblings on outgoings -- Dubravka, Fraser, Lewis, Miggy, Targett (in a dream). Anything please.

What sort of sell-on - is it a share of profit (less of a worry) or a share of the sale (classic Ashley incompetence)?

5 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I keep forgetting that Atlanta has a sell-on clause with Miggy. :sad:

I'd really love some rumblings on outgoings -- Dubravka, Fraser, Lewis, Miggy, Targett (in a dream). Anything please.

The Saudis need to step up and take that bunch off our hands 

I can believe it, basically on numbers grounds, there are already 3 players in exile, and I doubt there be squad places for 3 RWs so that’s potentially a 4th player not contributing on the pitch.

Dummett and Ritchie got released even though Howe would have liked to keep them, can’t just pile up players 

Also why I expect Dubs to be off, cannot keep 4/5 GKs

I can believe it also but how does it then tie in with Olise apparently being our no 1 target and we enquired/had discussions/bid for him? Was that just a load of bollocks? Or did we expect Almiron to be away by now?

Regardless if we buy another winger, if Miggy is to stay he must get his shit together. His form annoys even Paraguay fans.

I have a feeling he needs reminding the VERY basics of the game from time to time - pass to a teammate who is free; get in a good position to receive the ball; shoot with power to score a goal.. that sort of stuff

Edited by junkhead

I'd be genuinely surprised if a Michael Edwards FSG/Liverpool + Slot who's had an entire history turning lesser knowns into something would go after peak value signings. Liverpool's stars of recent years were all signed in the same bracket of what we've done since the takeover in terms of signing the 30-50m player who could double in value. 

51 minutes ago, junkhead said:

Regardless if we buy another winger, if Miggy is to stay he must get his shit together. His form annoys even Paraguay fans.

I have a feeling he needs reminding the VERY basics of the game from time to time - pass to a teammate who is free; get in a good position to receive the ball; shoot with power to score a goal.. that sort of stuff

I still think the issue with him is that he’s just not good enough. He’ll hit the odd worldly, but he’s horrendously one footed and his decision-making for a final pass can be really poor. If he’s starting RW for the 24/25 season something has gone wrong. 

55 minutes ago, junkhead said:

lol 

If you think Miggy can be coached out of some of annoying traits you’re set for disappointment. If it was possible either Rafa or Howe would have done it by now. Miggy has many many strengths, but his decision making has always been poor and nothing will change that.