NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

26 minutes ago, midds said:

Barnes       Isak       Gordon 

looks a lot better than 

Gordon     Isak      Almiron

though. It's a last resort but if we're pushed for money/can't shift Almiron then switching Gordon to the RW is more than a possibility. I don't want it to happen but it's a better option than sticking with Almiron. Honestly can't bare the thought of seeing Almiron lining up on RW for yet another season

Me either, it’s unbearable 😂

1 hour ago, nufc123 said:

Highly rated if you believe some of the Mainz fans on youtube. Got a heck of a left foot about him.

Looks very lightweight compared to the Turkish lad. Not as quick either.

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Why we talking about this guy? No one hasn’t mentioned him other than Will the itk. Don’t waste your energy 

SportBild apparently broke the ‘story’ a month ago. Maybe just a re-hash of that.  But may as well entertain the idea for one sleep. He’s a very promising, 20 year old, left footed ring winger (three ticks…) who supposedly wants to leave to guarantee more first team appearances (dubious, have to earn it with Eddie). 

IMG_9020.thumb.jpeg.31ed3b3a66ab3d9485880b739cc2fb90.jpeg

I think we need a centre-back more than a right-winger, especially if we're tight on budget. Since Eddie took over, we've been scoring and creating chances just fine, 90 odd big chances created, 3rd in the league. I'm sure the stat boffs amongst us can work out that RCB is more of a priority than RW.

We've got more options up front than at the back. If Schar gets injured, Krafth plays.

I could argue that if we conceded like 5 to 7 fewer goals last season, we could've easily finished in the top four.

I really want to upgrade Almiron and Murphy, but a quality center back like Guehi is more important to me than a right winger, especially if we're tight on money. We shipped too many goals last season and cost us top 4. 

12 hours ago, The Prophet said:

How would people feel is Guehi and Osula was our only business?

Lightening the load on Isak, improving the left side of the defence, and recruiting arguably the most promising English defensive talent - whilst keeping Bruno, Isak and Gordon - would be a very good window imo. If Vlachodimos is better than Dubravka then better still.

I agree that there's an upgrade to be made at RW but I'd be prepared to wait if the right target isn't available this window, and I don't believe any success next season hinges on it. We scored about 400 goals last season with a patched-up squad.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Lightening the load on Isak, improving the left side of the defence, and recruiting arguably the most promising English defensive talent - whilst keeping Bruno, Isak and Gordon - would be a very good window imo. Agree that there's an upgrade to be made at RW but I'd be prepared to wait if the right target isn't available this window, and I don't believe any success next season hinges on it. We scored about 400 goals last season with a patched-up squad.

I totally agree, we're doing great up front, but our defense is letting us down. We need to fix that.

3 hours ago, ianbeany said:

I've just been listening to that whopper Sean Casey on the Loaded Mag transfer show.

He reckons we're waiting for Spurs to sign Neto so we can get Kulusevski.  That would be crap IMO but almost certainly utter bollocks anyway

And someone asked him if there was any chance we could go for Eze and he said we dont need him as Willock is better [emoji38]

He also mentioned Gruda which then Will jumped on, though he claims he hasn’t listened to the podcast yet.

It does feel a little like our RW search has shifted within the last week from looking at £50M-£60M players to £20M-£30M players. Which I suppose would make sense if we're now considering Guehi over Thiaw. Got to get that extra millions from somewhere if no sales are being made.

3 hours ago, Mazzy said:

It does feel a little like our RW search has shifted within the last week from looking at £50M-£60M players to £20M-£30M players. Which I suppose would make sense if we're now considering Guehi over Thiaw. Got to get that extra millions from somewhere if no sales are being made.

I think you’ve made a really good point here. I think they’ll strengthen at RW but it might be taking a bit more of a chance on a player in the 30-35m range which is fine to be fair considering we’ve done well with previous players in that range. Be interesting to see what happens.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

4 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I think you’ve made a really good point here. I think they’ll strengthen at RW but it might be taking a bit more of a chance on a player in the 30-35m range which is fine to be fair considering we’ve done well with previous players in that range. Be interesting to see what happens.

Get Madueke in. Think we can come Chelsea into a season long loan with obligation to buy?

Really no reason we couldn't look at loans too if money is tight.

5 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Get Madueke in. Think we can come Chelsea into a season long loan with obligation to buy?

Who knows but I think we will have earmarked right CB and RW as the key positions and will get it done one way or another. 

There’s just no way we can go into another season with Murphy and Miggy as our RW options (yes I know Gordon can play right side too). I think I’ll explode if that happens 😂

Edited by ExiledGeordie

17 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I posted the other day how I think he's brainless but I've seen Chelsea a couple of times since and Noni looks BY FAR their best player now. Everybody else seems to disintegrate in the middle of the pitch in this strange Maresca setup but when Noni receives the ball on the wing, it's like he plays a different sport to them.

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Latest from Waugh in here, 10 points to whoever guesses which RW targets he mentions in here.

Caulkin wrote our bit, same names recycled though. :lol:

Funny how this column has been running all summer and Guehi’s name didn’t pop up once.