NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Fuck :lol: lads only 20, too. Let’s get him in.

image.thumb.png.cc5a4bc989d76a7b8a9f6314e4f8f727.png

He's MY FAVOURITE PLAYER! and I've only seen 3 mins of highlights! The new Ozil, the new Sane, the new Gerd Muller! Bet EVERYTHING on the title if we get him!

Edited by junkhead

11 hours ago, 80 said:

Sure, he doesn't have to have any loyalty to us. But it won't be surprising if he catches a lot of shit over it, particularly considering emotions like loyalty, love and betrayal generate the money that makes him a multimillionaire in the first place - otherwise he'd be earning the same wage as a field hockey player or something.

Catch a of shit how exactly?

I want him replaced but that's bollocks. 

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

We need the right sided player to be a bit different and have a bit guile, all in on this lad we don’t need anymore speed merchants, we need some technically gifted players who can create and look after the ball better.

The Mig’s headless chicken act needs to be a thing of the past. I’d take Murphy as the back up but neither him or Miggy should be a starter for a team pushing for CL qualification.

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

The Mig’s headless chicken act needs to be a thing of the past. I’d take Murphy as the back up but neither him or Miggy should be a starter for a team pushing for CL qualification.

Although they both were when we achieved that qualification. But yes I’d like a new RW with Murphy/Gordon switching  as back up.

15 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Are we in for this lad? Looks exciting.

Not set off a ‘clamming-drool-must have’ kind of feeling (wtf am I on about…) but do love a ‘hipsway’ style dribbler, and he’s quick and direct. Would be happy with him and The Juice as options if it meant we got Guehi.  

2 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Not set off a ‘clamming-drool-must have’ kind of feeling (wtf am I on about…) but do love a ‘hipsway’ style dribbler, and he’s quick and direct. Would be happy with him and The Juice as options if it meant we got Guehi.  

He’s versatile and only 20, lots of room for development too!

6 hours ago, Mazzy said:

It does feel a little like our RW search has shifted within the last week from looking at £50M-£60M players to £20M-£30M players. Which I suppose would make sense if we're now considering Guehi over Thiaw. Got to get that extra millions from somewhere if no sales are being made.

But the Liverpool Echo says that us signing Guehi (if we do), will increase our need to sell someone.

Of course this is turn means it's more likely than ever their beloved Liverpool FC will sign boyhood fan Anthony Gordon...

6 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

But the Liverpool Echo says that us signing Guehi (if we do), will increase our need to sell someone.

Of course this is turn means it's more likely than ever their beloved Liverpool FC will sign boyhood fan Anthony Gordon...

Football London states the same, with the only difference being that Arsenal signs Isak.

2 minutes ago, tarie4 said:

Football London states the same, with the only difference being that Arsenal signs Isak.

Wow Liverpool Echo and Football London they don’t have any agendas do they 🤣

Edited by Toonjam88

19 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

For all the cries about journalist agenda's and need for clicks, I am not sure how it could even be denied by anybody who has had more than a cursory glance at our accounts that any money we spend bringing players in will have to be compensated by money coming in from outgoings? Unless we have some major new sponsorships lined up (which seems unlikely) it will be a matter of who leaves, not if players leave. Hopefully we can finally get rid of some deadwood for decent fees.

Yes, yes, PSR is boring I know, but it is also a fact of life for NUFC.

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

For all the cries about journalist agenda's and need for clicks, I am not sure how it could even be denied by anybody who has had more than a cursory glance at our accounts that any money we spend bringing players in will have to be compensated by money coming in from outgoings? Unless we have some major new sponsorships lined up (which seems unlikely) it will be a matter of who leaves, not if players leave. Hopefully we can finally get rid of some deadwood for decent fees.

Yes, yes, PSR is boring I know, but it is also a fact of life for NUFC.

Our CEO said have have things lined up to be announced soon, not a couple of weeks ago didn't he? ??? 

Also, you are correct, PSR is unbelievably boring, and takes the fun out of transfer windows :p 

Edited by 54

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

Our CEO said have have things lined up to be announced soon, not a couple of weeks ago didn't he? ??? 

Also, you are correct, PSR is unbelievably boring, and takes the fun out of transfer windows :p 

Yeah maybe but it’s highly unlikely that whatever is to be announced will bridge the gap, we are talking huge numbers here. 

Just now, 54 said:

Our CEO said have have things lined up to be announced soon, not a couple of weeks ago didn't he?

He did indeed reference a few new commercial deals coming in. However I can't see how that could bridge our substantial PSR gap. Maybe a few million per season more in it considering the sponsorship already in place, unless the City case blows up the related parties restrictions. We needed 60m this past end of June, in a year with CL but not the Adidas deal. Bring in Guehi and a RW without any substantial outgoings and we would almost certainly need similar by June next year. 

2 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

He did indeed reference a few new commercial deals coming in. However I can't see how that could bridge our substantial PSR gap. Maybe a few million per season more in it considering the sponsorship already in place, unless the City case blows up the related parties restrictions. We needed 60m this past end of June, in a year with CL but not the Adidas deal. Bring in Guehi and a RW without any substantial outgoings and we would almost certainly need similar by June next year. 

I get what you're saying, and I understand it's important, but I honestly really struggle to give an ounce of care about PSR, it just so tedious and boring, and it feels like the epitome of whats wrong with this modern corporatized version of football.

And ultimately, I trust the club to do whats right, I know it was a bit panicky towards the end but they managed it in June, even if it wasn't smooth. I think it also helps that I know that, even if they make mistakes, they're aim is to make us better, so if they think we can sign these players (Which they clearly do) then i'm going to be along for the ride, and get excited by it.