NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Madueke has shown himself to look a bit of a twat with the penalty in-fighting stuff but Chelsea as a club have an awful culture. I feel he'd grow up a lot in this environment to make the most of his talents. Other worry with him is injuries - he picked up a lot in the Eredivisie, iirc?

He did aye. Don't think it's been a problem last year though, unless I've missed something?

Other thing with Madueke, he's a signing that wouldn't mean we can't ever sign a RW again. Bit like Gordon, potential there, and if next summer we can be opportunistic and bring in someone who's capable of playing RW/ST, it can push Madueke on.

Sign a real big name RW for big wages, it limits that option next summer.

Can see Madueke be worth close to 100m after one or two seasons with us. Unless injuries happen, obviously. Really hope that useless Bailey is right for once. I know we scouted him when he was at PSV. Exciting player who can become a seriously good player for us. I'm all for it. Hopefully we will try!

Edited by Ikon

7 minutes ago, Gottlob said:

Isn't Madueke just an old and injury-prone Minteh?

A 3 year older and indeed slightly more injury prone, but also more proven and more first team ready version of Minteh. I would say though what he did at PSV at a similar age was more impressive than what Minteh did at Feyenoord last season. I've wanted us to sign him before Chelsea did and would be delighted if we got him now, especially at that price.

Nobody getting red flags that Chelsea have signed a replacement and are bouncing him out after a year? And he’s displayed a dodgy attitude on the pitch?

Why are Chelsea so keen to get him out their 11 and then out their squad?

Was very much against signing Madueke but now coming round to it especially if our options are limited. Might have to do some extensive Dennis Wise scouting from his PSV days 

1 minute ago, WilliamPS said:

Nobody getting red flags that Chelsea have signed a replacement and are bouncing him out after a year? And he’s displayed a dodgy attitude on the pitch?

You are talking about a club thats being ran like a 10 year old playing FM with cheat codes for unlimited money. Dont expect any rationality 

2 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

I don't have any faith in Chelsea's judgement tbf 

1 minute ago, WilliamPS said:

Because it’s Chelsea. Absolutely nothing they do makes sense. Gallagher was a main stay in their midfield only missing one game & Chalobah a very highly rated defender both now training with the academy kids 

33 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

We should be all over that if true. If it means not getting Guehi I'd revert to a cheaper, more unproven CB option with the potential to become a first teamer with time and coaching.

Edit:

TBR Football have been told that Chelsea are happy to sell the £50,000-a-week winger for £30m, which is the same fee the Blues spent to sign the 22-year-old from PSV Eindhoven back in January 2023.

Sources believe the Londoner is willing to join Newcastle after Chelsea signed Neto, and an approach is expected to be made by the Magpies shortly.

:fwap:

If the Guehi transfer fails, I wonder how people would feel about getting Madueke and Chalobah for the same money.

32 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I know Graeme Bailey is despised on here but will share anyway ...

He is now saying that Chelsea are willing to sell Madueke and are just wanting their money back on him i.e. £30 million.

Says we have been following him for a while, are set to bid and Madueke is willing to join.

Deal is an absolute no brainer if that is all true.

https://tbrfootball.com/newcastle-expected-to-bid-for-50000-a-week-chelsea-player-and-he-is-willing-to-join/

Despised would be extreme hyperbole but you should see the comments whenever he's on Loaded Mag. The people who watch it regularly are not your usual braying internet mob that you'd see on Twitter, but even they aren't fond of him and keep asking the hosts to stop having him on. :lol: Watch one episode and you'll see it like, he's constantly having digs at us, our players and so on. 

10 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Same reason they were so keen to bounce Hall out. Todd’s an idiot.

1 minute ago, Kimbo said:

If the Guehi transfer fails, I wonder how people would feel about getting Madueke and Chalobah for the same money.

Chalobah is a decent right back too given Trippier won’t be here much longer.

12 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Yes but it does seem like they need to sell, so there is that too

2 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

It would feel 2nd choicey but would probably strengthen the squad a little bit more if anything

Just now, Menace said:

If Chelsea do need to sell I'd test the waters and offer a loan to buy of £35m for Madueke - another story if they agree or not though

Surely if they need to sell then they won’t loan him?

Stylistically, Madueke is very well suited to how we play.

There will be some head scratching moments, but at 22, there's plenty of time to improve on that really.

Having someone on that side to also run at defenders and cause more problems down that side, will make the team so incredibly dangerous.

This is what his numbers looked like for his appearances at Chelsea last season.

chrome_screenshot_12Aug202414_38_26BST.thumb.png.4ba7033a3dac28b6a99a9f7aa7789017.png