NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Can’t they claim what we would pay for this seasons books ?

They can put through a loan fee this season, although they will have to cover his amortisation cost too, so might not be any real benefit to them other than getting the wages off the books.

26 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Nobody getting red flags that Chelsea have signed a replacement and are bouncing him out after a year? And he’s displayed a dodgy attitude on the pitch?

Why are Chelsea so keen to get him out their 11 and then out their squad?

Chelsea dumping young talent seems to be an MO so long as it bank rolls boehly's ridiculous transfer plan... We've already skinned them for Hall

28 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Nobody getting red flags that Chelsea have signed a replacement and are bouncing him out after a year? And he’s displayed a dodgy attitude on the pitch?

At this point I think Chelsea getting rid of players is an endorsement more than anything else. 

I think that penalty debacle was in part created by having so many young players and no overarching plan for them. Probably just desperate to make a contribution so that he’d remain relevant within the squad. 

It’s impossible for a coach to build strong relationships in 45 man squad that he has no say in. Get him here and Howe’s man management will boost him even before he’s spent a day on the training pitch. 

52 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Why were they keen to shove Gallagher out the door after his best ever form and international appearances? 

20 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Why were they keen to shove Gallagher out the door after his best ever form and international appearances? 

A) As he doesn’t fit the managers style and Lavia is back.

B) he’s pure PSR profit 

That makes sense in financial and tactical grounds 

Players like Gallagher are very common, he is basically their Longstaff.  Useful but, not spectacular.

They probably have plenty of other players just like him.  Failing that we have one they can buy :D

Chelsea apparently want rid of Sterling but can’t find a buyer due to his wages, which is why they are looking to sell Madueke instead.

Pedro Neto is viewed as being better than both of them, which he is at the current points in their career, so someone has to go.

Since we couldn’t get Olise, lost Minteh who I was all in on, and discounting Raphina, due to his salary, age and transfer fee, then Madueke has been my next choice all summer. I feel he is gettable, will improve massively under Eddie, (as long as he wants to be a top player), and is hopefully within our budget.

I don’t feel he will assist us in controlling games, so could still struggle against certain opposition, but he will fit nicely into the chaos transition monster we are becoming / have become, with direct running and goal threat.

As the clubs financial improve we will need a few more technical players though, so transitioning or selling some favourites is inevitable to become title chasers.

When we were first linked with Madueke, my initially thoughts were no thank you - mainly based on my assumptions of his attitude. Then I realised those were my exact thoughts with Gordon.

The transfer makes perfect sense now and I can see it happening, young with a good ceiling. Make it happen! 

Chelsea have done well out of us recently and could do well out of us over the next week or so.

20% of whatever we pay for Guehi and then potentially a fairly sizeable fee for Madueke, plus the fee we paid for Hall last year and this summer and the sell on fee they got from Tino when he signed.

Talk about a constant stream of income. Still down understand how they can spend like they do but they've got this kind of stuff down to a tee at least.

5 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

Speed, dribbling, shooting, good with both feet, able to take on a defender.  

Like the sound of being two footed. You sure he’s a good dribbler? Not what i saw on YT.