NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Sterling anyone? Left out of the Chelsea squad today. 

Been asked and answered:

On 16/08/2024 at 22:46, Izakaya said:

I'd rather guide an Alsatian into me dar

Edited by Deuce

Don't know about all the Guehi talk, it looks like Sterling might be having issues at Chelsea, wonder if we could get him in on the cheap, still on 29 (seems to have been around for ages and can score a goal).

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/12691/13025497/chelsea-transfer-news-rumours-and-gossip-live-updates-and-latest-on-deals-signings-loans-and-contracts

1 minute ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Don't know about all the Guehi talk, it looks like Sterling might be having issues at Chelsea, wonder if we could get him in on the cheap, still on 29 (seems to have been around for ages and can score a goal).

https://www.skysports.com/football/live-blog/12691/13025497/chelsea-transfer-news-rumours-and-gossip-live-updates-and-latest-on-deals-signings-loans-and-contracts

Cant take a good free kick mind [emoji38] No thanks.

25 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

He is on £325,000 a week. That would destroy our salary structure.

1 minute ago, rebelrouser said:

He is on £325,000 a week. That would destroy our salary structure.

Chelsea really are the fucking pits, wtf they doing paying that kind of money man, it’s disgusting 😡

Just now, RobS said:

Chelsea really are the fucking pits, wtf they doing paying that kind of money man, it’s disgusting 😡

And no surprise Sterling has given up. £325k per week with no incentive to work hard at all. Surprised he wants to leave tbh.

30 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Wouldn't touch him, shite attitude and past his prime if he even had one.

Just now, Skeletor said:

And no surprise Sterling has given up. £325k per week with no incentive to work hard at all. Surprised he wants to leave tbh.

He has to pretend to the fans that he wants to leave to play football, so it fits the narrative better. 

Is the narrative sterling is a greedy cunt now? Not his fault they offered silly wages. He wasn't going to get any more central to Pep's city, got a huge offer on wages to be central to a rebuild of chelsea, found out its a basketcase and when clubs are in a state you tend to see players form plummet. He's a really good player, he's not even particularly old yet. Chelsea's model seems to be built on that they will buy all these players as assets and sell them all on but how are they going to sell them on for any value when most of them aren't going to get any game time? And those that do they are going to look like idiots playing in a bad team. What they've mostly done is sign a bunch of players and incentivise them to sit out their contracts making money, hard to show a club loyalty that is run so badly. 

Sterling left Man City to get more game time as Pep dropped him for the biggest games, so the claim he wouldn’t want to leave Chelsea to play seems a bit daft.

However it will be on loan abroad. Nobody will pay a fee to Chelsea or give him a 5 year contract after the last 2 years. If Chelsea want rid they’ll have to loan him and hope he has a good year and then sell. I think Sterling will want out if he’s not even making squads, although I guess he’ll want his full Chelsea salary.

Id say it was a terrible transfer for Chelsea but they still have Lukaku on the books

As much as all players believe in themselves and signed the ridiculous long term contracts, I can't imagine Chelsea will ever stop buying new players year in, year out.

there will come a point when Chelsea wil be stuck with players they can't shift due to performance or even more so players refusing to leave due to the 3,4 or 5 years left on their contracts

Don’t want Gomez.  He’s shit, a crock and 27.

£40m, man.  Classic case of he has to automatically be worth north of £30m because he’s a squad member at one of the darling clubs.

Edited by Sima

Sterling has looked finished for some time. He's a canny lad who has taken a lot of flak for a very long time, and there is part of me which would love to see him Howe'd here and fall in love with football again. It would have to be a loan and cover half his wages, which I doubt Chelsea will want to do. 

I've always thought Gomez was quite rash, and a bit error prone, particularly at centre back. 

Am I imagining that? Or maybe it was when he was younger?

Not sure about getting him instead at all.

Wouldn't even loan Sterling with Chelsea picking up 50% of those wages and with an ability to terminate the loan at any point and send him back there.

He's not worth the hassle he'd cause.

Maybe, maybe having a point to prove would get a dozen good games out of him.

Hope he's the first of many problems they're stuck with

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I've always thought Gomez was quite rash, and a bit error prone, particularly at centre back. 

Am I imagining that? Or maybe it was when he was younger?

Not sure about getting him instead at all.

He relied a lot on his pace to get him out of trouble, which made him look good but not enough questions about how he got into trouble in the. first place. Then injuries. Then loss of pace. Not sure what he is now, not seen him in yonks. 

2 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Wouldn't even loan Sterling with Chelsea picking up 50% of those wages and with an ability to terminate the loan at any point and send him back there.

He's not worth the hassle he'd cause.

Maybe, maybe having a point to prove would get a dozen good games out of him.

Hope he's the first of many problems they're stuck with

I don't think he's hassle. That sounds like the media spin which has haunted him for all his career. 

6 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Sterling has looked finished for some time. He's a canny lad who has taken a lot of flak for a very long time, and there is part of me which would love to see him Howe'd here and fall in love with football again. It would have to be a loan and cover half his wages, which I doubt Chelsea will want to do. 

100% this.

He's played a lot of football from a very young age and it looks like he's running on fumes every time he plays.

Stay well, well, clear.