NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I don’t recall Disasi being that bad from the games I watched him last season, not that he particularly stood out in those games either by the way, he just went about his job.

There does seem to be an overly negative reaction with Chelsea players on here when we are linked with them, so it is hard to gauge genuine criticism of the player on ability or being part of the Chelsea machine which does come across as a shambles.

I would say this one could be a possibility, he was linked with us last summer and also the Mitchell link so he will know him personally.

4 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I don’t recall Disasi being that bad from the games I watched him last season, not that he particularly stood out in those games either by the way, he just went about his job.

There does seem to be an overly negative reaction with Chelsea players on here when we are linked with them, so it is hard to gauge genuine criticism of the player on ability or being part of the Chelsea machine which does come across as a shambles.

I would say this one could be a possibility, he was linked with us last summer and also the Mitchell link so he will know him personally.

Signed for £40m last summer so they could sell him for £35m and still make a "profit" in PSR terms.

Know little about Tapsoba but he seems a very attack-minded CB, arguably a more like-for-like Schar replacement than Guehi.

1 hour ago, gdm said:

No one bid for Bruno btw. He had a release clause and no one activated it. That’s reality. 

Clubs can bid under the release clause and we can sell at that if we want. We don't k ow if any questions about his availability were asked.

1 minute ago, Menace said:

Just saw Tapsoba signed a new contract and Lever were playing hard ball with Tottenham all last summer - I doubt it happens but would be delighted. He's a great player.

Aye given we don’t tend to leak to the press it seems like a bit of a negotiation strategy :lol:

Just now, Unbelievable said:

I don't think anybody suggested the bit in bold..?

Our friend zero suggested we sell big Joe for 30m. 

And the overall point is, we don’t have to sell our star players to player trade as we already demonstrated. People losing it because we sold Minteh is mad, imagine if we actually sold a Bruno…

5 hours ago, macphisto said:

It depends what your aims are? Apart from Leicester, nearly every team that has won a trophy has paid through the nose for players. At some point you need to take that leap or else you just plateau and won't win anything. Yes, you can find bargains but you can't do that across the whole team. A good example of the mix you should aim for is say Ferdinand & Vidic with regards to transfer fees. 

I agree and we have, Isak was big money and arguably had not shown recent form to be worth the amount. Proved to be a very sound purchase.
But the notion that it’s Guehi or no one. A big name or bust, that seems to me to be a strange idea that’s crept up on the forum. 

I don't care how good Disasi is or isn't, I'm vehemently against us supporting Chelsea's business model. 

Unless we can buy one of their players for less than they paid, we should look elsewhere. What they're doing needs to be made to fail.

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Our friend zero suggested we sell big Joe for 30m. 

And the overall point is, we don’t have to sell our star players to player trade as we already demonstrated. People losing it because we sold Minteh is mad, imagine if we actually sold a Bruno…

Did he? I only saw him making an argument that we would struggle to sell him for more than £30m now due to his age. While I think we still could get more than that, he is definitely at the age where we will value him higher than other clubs (maybe bar Saudi clubs) are willing to pay, which I guess was his main point. Same situation with Bowen who is probably stuck at West Ham now for a similar reason even if clubs like ourselves are interested in him. 

9 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Did he? I only saw him making an argument that we would struggle to sell him for more than £30m now due to his age. While I think we still could get more than that, he is definitely at the age where we will value him higher than other clubs (maybe bar Saudi clubs) are willing to pay, which I guess was his main point. Same situation with Bowen who is probably stuck at West Ham now for a similar reason even if clubs like ourselves are interested in him. 

the problem will only get worse and worse when the players use value > market value, and that you would struggle to find buyers offering a fee that could make it worth to sell

and then you will have no means to record a PSR profit / capacity that allows you to purchase new players replacing the old ones, the amortization loss keep on rolling. Old players keep on deteriorating but you can do nothing. Your hands are tied. 

It’s wrong to think we have gone through the toughest part of PSR (last Jun). In fact it will hit us the hardest this season and the next. I wonder who else can we sell at Jun 26 when our revenue is not high enough to meet PSR requirement.

Anyway, no one wants to think that far. Just keep all the best players, buy a marque CB, finish Top 4 and get ECL revenue next season. Problem solved isn’t it?

Edited by Zero

2 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

Very strong decent in the air but prone to silly errors. The suggestion is his concentration levels aren’t the best. Can fill in at Right Back .

The story is that he is second in your list of CB targets and that if you go for him you will be buying one of him and Madueke the other would be on a season long loan with an obligation akin to the Hall deal. The numbers I hear are both circa £40 million each