NUFC Transfer Rumours

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I’m confused by this post, because, with everyone fit and available the only player of the 3 you mention that’s likely to start still is Murphy.

We already have Willock and Tonali who will start ahead of Longstaff once everyone’s firing, and Botman and Schar will start at CB long term (and Guehi assuming that still happens).

CB and RW are absolutely the priorities for the window, but it’s odd to choose 3 players to improve upon out of a team clearly not our strongest.

I only picked those 3 as I don’t rate them at all as top premier league players.

They are all plodders. 

Would have been reserve players back in the day !

16 minutes ago, KaKa said:

For some reason it seems we've decided we need extraordinary players to make a difference.

We are not at that kind of level yet at all, when we're still using the likes of Murphy, Almiron and Longstaff.

Makes the decision to seemingly use all the money on a CB all the more strange imo. 

Watching Madueke finish confidently with his right foot on that side, not once but twice, was really triggering.

A really sick joke having both games on at the same time today, and having the right winger we were supposedly looking at over there, score a hat trick, while Murphy was fumbling around with Longstaff.

2 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

I only picked those 3 as I don’t rate them at all as top premier league players.

They are all plodders. 

Would have been reserve players back in the day !

Give over man… Dan Burn is a perfectly capable PL squad player (and in my opinion will go down as one of our shrewdest ever buys). Murphy also decent squad player. Longstaff has his plus points too. I agree they’re not players who should be starting week in week out, but the point I’m making is you’re suggesting that we need to replace them in the starting lineup when in reality we already have (they’re just not fit), apart from Murphy.

14 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Ornstein said we bid for Olise at the start of the window but he chose Bayern

Since then I don't think we've had a solid link to any right winger all summer

Nope, just rumours 

Chiesa 

Ferran Torres

Yilmaz

Kang In Lee

Madueke

Arda Guler

(Bowen)

Non rumours 

Kubo

M Whittaker

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Watching Madueke finish confidently with his right foot on that side, not once but twice, was really triggering.

A really sick joke having both games on at the same time today, and having the right winger we were supposedly looking at over there, score a hat trick, while Murphy was fumbling around with Longstaff.

Really could have done with Madueke putting in a couple of mediocre performances this week. As it stands Chelsea fans would go mad if he was sold or loaned out [emoji38]

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

3 times if you add his midweek goal 

Just now, Mikky said:

Nope, just rumours 

Chiesa 

Ferran Torres

Yilmaz

Kang In Lee

Madueke

Arda Guler

(Bowen)

Non rumours 

Kubo

M Whittaker

Bowen and Guler belong in the non-rumours list also.

Edited by Skeletor

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

I've changed my mind on our priority this window.

That right side is a tragedy when we have the ball and ruins our build up, and also exposes us defensively when things break down as well.

Right winger as a priority please.

We genuinely have the worst options down the right in the whole league.

Two wingers that barely dribble and often don't know what to do with the ball.

Gordon did a job there - him in right and Barnes on the left is the best we can hope for I think

Edited by duo

1 minute ago, Skeletor said:

Bowen and Guler belong in the non-rumours list also.

There were links to both (the usual twitter bollocks) - most likely made up stories tbf

26 minutes ago, KaKa said:

For some reason it seems we've decided we need extraordinary players to make a difference.

We are not at that kind of level yet at all, when we're still using the likes of Murphy, Almiron and Longstaff.

Its a little bit weird. I understand they dont want to splash out money on anything, but its Murphy/Almiron we are talking about here.

22 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Ornstein said we bid for Olise at the start of the window but he chose Bayern

Since then I don't think we've had a solid link to any right winger all summer

You obviously haven’t read Waugh’s weekly update 

1 minute ago, duo said:

Gordon did a job there - him in right and Barnes on the left is the best we can hope for I think

Even if we do that. One little tweak to either and we're back to square one.

They need to get someone else in by the time the window closes.

46 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I think it's because we all know that his output was just completely out of character.

He scored 11 goals in one season for us and he's not got more than 4 in any season before or after

So was Joelinton's and a fair few others. It's only with hindsight that it's talked about as a purple patch. 

44 minutes ago, gdm said:

That’s all well and good but he’s proved it was a purple patch and just isn’t good or consistent enough. I largely think that patch of form had a lot to do with trippier 

Yeah but I was responding to about how a new RW was needed 5 years ago, that the last good RW we had was HBA etc. All just completely ignoring Miggy being very good for a good 15 months or so and allowing us to focus on other important positions 

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yeah but I was responding to about how a new RW was needed 5 years ago, that the last good RW we had was HBA etc. All just completely ignoring Miggy being very good for a good 15 months or so and allowing us to focus on other important positions 

Yeah I agree. I like miggy he just doesn’t offer enough for a top 4 chasing side 

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Well we've had two transfer windows since that purple patch finished to get a right winger in

50 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Aye, the idea that we can’t get at least one or two bridging players in that improve us but aren’t elite or elite prospects is a bit stupid if it is the case that we’re only shopping in that market. Almost every side in the league has a better right wing than us 

It´s absurb. We could easily upgrad spots in the squad and starting eleven for peanuts. Fine if we wants some elite too, but as long as Murphy, Almiron, Longstaff, Krafth etc get minuts in the starting eleven there is something wrong.

Just now, joeyt said:

Well we've had two transfer windows since that purple patch finished to get a right winger in

Yeah. Scored the most amount of goals we ever have last season though, so can see why Howe is focusing on a CB. We don't have too much problem with scoring, but still look shaky at the back.