NUFC Transfer Rumours

3 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Still maintain we need some control in that midfield. 

I think it was telling today that we didn't have a ball playing CB and a keeper who can't use his feet. Puts a lot of strain on the midfield and makes it harder to control a game. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

I´m starting be to tired of Joelinton. He´s such a bad footballer. Him being physical (sometimes) is not enough anymore. Not only today, bad he´s a big reason we dont have controll of games. And that "header"??

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

I think it was telling today that we didn't have a ball playing CB and a keeper who can't use his feet. Puts a lot of strain on the midfield. 

Yeah, not just in general play but we usually do short goal kicks but Pope launched every one long today

3 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Still maintain we need some control in that midfield. 

It’s poor we give the ball away so cheaply, desperately hoping Tonali improves things in that respect.

2 minutes ago, ATB said:

I´m starting be to tired of Joelinton. He´s such a bad footballer. Him being physical (sometimes) is not enough anymore. Not only today, bad he´s a big reason we dont have controll of games. And that "header"??

Weeks a hell of a long time 

6 minutes ago, ATB said:

Tbf, he was shunted out wide in a shit show 442 for a lot of the first half

1 minute ago, toon25 said:

Not only this game. Was just the icing.

But yeah, have no idea what Howe is trying to do anymore.

3 minutes ago, toon25 said:

It's a plan they had last season playing him further up and wide away from home. Didn't think it would be Gordon in the middle like.

14 minutes ago, ATB said:

He’s the least of our problems imo.

15 minutes ago, ATB said:

Not only this game. Was just the icing.

But yeah, have no idea what Howe is trying to do anymore.

:lol: And the cake was last game when he was motm even without the winning goal?

30 minutes ago, ATB said:

I  understand the frustration.

The best of Joelinton will be in a team with quality around him.

Off the ball, you just want him to press like crazy and win the ball back.

When we have the ball, just play it simple to the better ball players around him and when the ball goes wide, crash the box and be an aerial target and threat.

Having him in the team with the likes of Longstaff and Murphy, where we are then struggling to build up and he starts trying to do too much, and it gets ugly quickly.

On their goal when he loses the ball, he first receives it and looks to that right side. Longstaff is stuck behind a defender and doesn't make himself available, and for some reason Murphy is all the way back beside Tino at right back.

He then delays things and tries to carry the ball or something ridiculous and gives it away.

Tonali constantly looks to get on the ball, and we need a right winger that is the same, so they are screaming for it off him early and often.

33 minutes ago, ATB said:

Honestly man some of you cunts shouldn’t even be allowed to watch football.

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Chelsea in for Sancho, opens the door to Madueke again ?

I let that cross my mind for one second before I snapped out of it.

I think it's very unlikely, but if there's a team crazy enough to do something so ridiculous, it would be them.

Aye, Joelinton's role should be to do the donkey work and allow the more creative players to excel.

He's essentially our ball winning midfielder, just he plays it in an atypical way as he's more advanced than Bruno when in most systems the ball winning midfielder is the one in front of the defense.

Issue is that with the likes of Murphy and Longstaff in the team we don't have enough creative players. Also a CB playing LB...

He was very poor today for sure, but I do think he can start and be a key cog for a very good team.

1 minute ago, Shak said:

Aye, Joelinton's role should be to do the donkey work and allow the more creative players to excel.

He's essentially our ball winning midfielder, just he plays it in an atypical way as he's more advanced than Bruno when in most systems the ball winning midfielder is the one in front of the defense.

Issue is that with the likes of Murphy and Longstaff in the team we don't have enough creative players. Also a CB playing LB...

He was very poor today for sure, but I do think he can start and be a key cog for a very good team.

Our midfield is a kind of version of one of Ancelotti's AC Milan sides that had a midfield three of Ambrossini, Pirlo and Gattuso.

Joelinton would be our Gattuso as the destroyer. Bruno sitting in the middle like Pirlo did, and being the main creator. Tonali more of an all rounder like Ambrossini was.

This is what I am hoping it eventually shapes up like anyway.