NUFC Transfer Rumours

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

They’re doing us zero favours. Their league is part of a much bigger project for them, we’re a side trinket.

It's not just to do with favours but also convincing players to go there. Not many of our deadwood strike me as the kind of guys that would up and move their families to Saudi. 

Just now, gdm said:

Understand what you are saying but Anderson played for us last season and Minteh had just signed 

I know, it’s odd. But we didn’t sell them to unlock funds for this window.

Like if this week we sign Guehi, Madeuke, a CM, and Trafford there will be a party in here. But it would look much different if we then sell Isak in June to pay for it.

Just now, timeEd32 said:

I know, it’s odd. But we didn’t sell them to unlock funds for this window.

Like if this week we sign Guehi, Madeuke, a CM, and Trafford there will be a party in here. But it would look much different if we then sell Isak in June to pay for it.

Fair point 

7 minutes ago, Deuce said:

Doubt the price quoted us would’ve been 13m, mind.

Villa bought Morgan Rogers from Boro for less than £10 million.

There's value in the Championship, and they don't just raise their prices for the heck of it.

We need a big lift for the club before the window closes, either major stadium news or two exciting players in at RCB and RW. Guehi would be that player at RCB but if there’s no RW there’s going to be a lot of frustration ready to boil over if we don’t get results 

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

It's not just to do with favours but also convincing players to go there. Not many of our deadwood strike me as the kind of guys that would up and move their families to Saudi. 

Yeah. If our players don't want to move there, you can't blame the Saudis for giving their millions to other clubs whose players agree to it. If our players aren't obliged to move their families to Saudi, the Saudis don't owe us any special favours either.

A sitting coach when a Sporting Director comes in rarely works and I just wonder if Mitchell just fancies getting his own man in.

Do the whole “we tried” thing with signing players but privately keeping a war chest for someone new to come in.

Howe is not helping his cause currently, 2 very poor performances with what’s not a shit squad anymore.

Tonali coming back will be a huge thing.. but.. what if the form continues? And same for any of the long term injuries.. aside from Wilson, we can’t expect too much from Botman (or Lascelles) .. we’re pretty much full strength right now.

So if we don’t have the excuses from last season, will it be ok to start judging Howe on what’s being served up on the pitch and his decision making in terms of the signings we’ve made.

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

We need a big lift for the club before the window closes, either major stadium news or two exciting players in at RCB and RW. Guehi would be that player at RCB but if there’s no RW there’s going to be a lot of frustration ready to boil over if we don’t get results 

You can sense it building already.

I can't remember a window in recent years when we've gone out and bought 3-4 players in the final few days. 

We'll perhaps bring in one more but that'll be it.

Just now, toon25 said:

I can't remember a window in recent years when we've gone out and bought 3-4 players in the final few days. 

We'll perhaps bring in one more but that'll be it.

January 2022. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

January 2022. 

Very different set of circumstances, and one which the club said after, a position we wouldn’t put ourselves in again.

Edited by SUPERTOON

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

If a club waits until the last few days to do business, it’s usually a sign of desperation. 

Could also be the case that they think they would get better value later on as selling clubs realise that bidding wars failed to materialise. 

3 hours ago, 54 said:

Personally, while I want us to upgrade our RW, as it is the part of the pitch that does lack quality compared to the rest of the squad, I think people go overboard with how bad it is, and think that CB is the position that needs upgrading most.

Murphy had 11 goal involvements last year, with 7 of them being assists, that's not horrendous, infact it's half decent, while at the same time as a squad we scored our highest ever total for Premier League goals so we can make do with Murphy, deploy Miggy if we need a pressing monster, or play Gordon on the right with Barnes on the left.

Our biggest issue yesterday was getting out of the press in defence, Burn is a colossus, but he can't pass, and most of our issues came from just hoofing it long for Bournemouth to attack again, so having two ball playing CB's in Botman and Guehi with Tonali in CM will add so much to the way we play, that it's the more important position for me, if we're having to pick one.

Burn and Pope being unable to pass for toffee was our biggest problem yesterday, kept inviting pressure on ourselves

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

You can sense it building already.

Definitely feels like there's alot of frustration simmering at the moment, last seasons injury issues, lack of real strengthening the first team or squad depth, change in ownership, something with Howe feels different as well. Honeymoon period is definitely gone

Shearer nailed it when he said the high press and energy of 2 seasons ago are all but gone. Add to that Linton Liveramento dropping their standards and we struggle. This window is not helping build impetus as has been said. Last time it was like this we signed a completely average Lee Bowyer...hope Im wrong but it feels like the light is flickering a bit.

5 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Textbook:

Great. Waugh - Newcastle don’t want Trafford anymore. Hope - Newcastle do want Trafford if they shift Odysseas and Dubravka. Easy Ryder - Newcastle want him but don’t want him.

Still time so not going to get too worried just yet, we have had some deals completed fairly quickly.

Biggest concern for me is that if we don't sign a starting quality CB/RW, the player's who were sold on the project here will lose faith.  Over the last 2 transfer windows our only meaningful signings would've been a rotation CB on a free, a LB who was already here on loan and a completely unproven young striker.

Regardless of our FFP position and anything else going on behind the scene with the restructure, it doesn't scream ambition.  Would be understandable if Bruno, for example, questions whether we'll be able to be reach the level to compete at the top whilst he's still in his prime.

23 minutes ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Shearer nailed it when he said the high press and energy of 2 seasons ago are all but gone. Add to that Linton Liveramento dropping their standards and we struggle. This window is not helping build impetus as has been said. Last time it was like this we signed a completely average Lee Bowyer...hope Im wrong but it feels like the light is flickering a bit.

Shearer may well be proved to be correct but last season was disrupted by injuries and so far this season we played with 10 min for over 60 mins and one poor away performance. Far too early to tell 

54 minutes ago, junkhead said:

After the summer we had, top 4 talk is pie in the sky. As it is, I think we'll even struggle for top 10. Imo, Forest, West Ham and Brighton have better squads.. nevermind the top 6 wankers..

We finished 28, 8 and 12 points above those three last season, with the injuries we had and Tonali missing almost the entire season. Considering we haven't lost any of our key players, how much are you expecting us to drop off and/or those three teams to make up?