NUFC Transfer Rumours

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Ah yes, let's include someone we haven't signed to make my point look better :lol: 

Also technically we've spent £7m on RW given we bought Minteh.

4 hours ago, Erikse said:

"Don't usually do much" was my words. The first one was forced.

But, on the basis of the available evidence, we do usually do much. In one, we signed 5 players. In the next, we signed someone who has become one of our legit stars. The next, we didn’t.

So, to the extent it’s valuable to try and discern trends from a sample pool of 3, in fact we actually usually (ie 66.6% recurring) do much. 

3 minutes ago, 54 said:

Ah yes, let's include someone we haven't signed to make my point look better :lol: 

Also technically we've spent £7m on RW given we bought Minteh.

Technically yes but people can’t on one hand say Minteh has never played for us so no big loss then on the other hand say we spent £7m on a Right winger.

cake and eat it stuff 

Edited by gdm

Just now, nufc123 said:

RW and CB there would be rosey in here.

I absolutely guarantee there'd be a replacement moan running straight down the track, regardless

Tickets

Fonts

Miggy

Longstaff

Collars

Tubers

Pre-match

Match

Post-match

Down the hatch

Just now, gdm said:

Technically yes but people can’t in one hand say Minteh has never played for us so no big less then on the other hand say we spent £7m on a Right winger 

Both things are technically true, so I can, and I will :p 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Technically yes but people can’t on one hand say Minteh has never played for us so no big loss then on the other hand say we spent £7m on a Right winger.

cake and eat it stuff 

The list includes Guehi so everything goes. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Technically yes but people can’t in one hand say Minteh has never played for us so no big less then on the other hand say we spent £7m on a Right winger 

So do we remove the figure paid for that Greek keeper?

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

I absolutely guarantee there'd be a replacement moan running straight down the track, regardless

Tickets

Fonts

Miggy

Longstaff

Collars

Tubers

Pre-match

Match

Post-match

Down the hatch

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

I understand your point, I just think it’s really disrespectful to Murphy and Miggy to suggest that we “carry them”. They’ve both contributed heavily to our two best seasons in recent memory.

Can we do better? Yes. Do they deserve the level of disrespect they get? Not in my opinion.

Don’t know how it’s disrespectful to point about they’re not good enough in the context of where we need to be to keep our best players and keep the project moving forward, mind. They’re both basically model professionals and no one has said otherwise. 

4 minutes ago, Decky said:

The list includes Guehi so everything goes. :lol: 

I’m assuming The whole point of the tweet is on the assumption that all our allocated money that’s left is going on a centre half and nothing on RW. Which is fair enough I guess 

5 minutes ago, TBG said:

So do we remove the figure paid for that Greek keeper?

Dunno mate it’s not my tweet and I don’t really care. Just making the point as all I’ve seen off many posters is Minteh never played for us etc now they want the £7m added to the RW we’ve signed :lol:

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

We’re gonna lose our shit in about six minutes when the Palace team is announced. 

First time I've ever refreshed another teams twitter looking for second round LC news in a game we weren't involved in.

38 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

But, on the basis of the available evidence, we do usually do much. In one, we signed 5 players. In the next, we signed someone who has become one of our legit stars. The next, we didn’t.

So, to the extent it’s valuable to try and discern trends from a sample pool of 3, in fact we actually usually (ie 66.6% recurring) do much. 

You know very well why we signed 5 in the first window, lets not be ignorant on purpose over here. That window tells us nothing other than that the owners were desperate to not get relegated.

Here's a different stat: in the last 2 seasons, we've spent a grand total of £48m in 2 january windows, signing 2 players. One of them being Ashby for £3m, the other one being Gordon for £45m. Is that much for 2 windows? Compare that to the last 2 summer windows prior to this one.

Edited by Erikse

16 minutes ago, Erikse said:

You know very well why we signed 5 in the first window, lets not be ignorant on purpose over here. That window tells us nothing other than that the owners were desperate to not get relegated.

Here's a different stat: in the last 2 seasons, we've spent a grand total of £48m in 2 january windows, signing 2 players. One of them being Ashby for £3m, the other one being Gordon for £45m. Is that much for 2 windows? Compare that to the last 2 summer windows prior to this one.

The first point is comical - you’re trying to argue that we didn’t spend because we spent out of a strong need to do so. The purpose isn’t relevant - your argument was that we don’t spend often in January. Your argument has a fatal problem on interaction with facts.

As to your second question, I would imagine it probably stands up quite favourably in comparison to the rest of the league. As does all our spending post-takeover