NUFC Transfer Rumours

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Nick mate… smile. You’re getting yourself worked up over stuff that really isn’t that important. “Shot with shit” ffs 🙄

Probably the wrong term to use, but a player of that calibre going to Saudi without even an attempt by us to get him is poor form. 

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

There is no way he should be allowed to be that stubborn, before the start of the transfer window he should be asked for a number of players in each position he wants to strengthen, if he refuses to give more than one name the choice should be made for him 

You have literally no idea how it works at the moment.

It's a joint effort from everyone in the recruitment team.  

Eddie Howe being stubborn, ffs.  

No denying it's disappointing, but don't think it's true our squad is weaker than one that finished 7th. Tonali is effectively an addition, Anderson a loss. Then I don't see Kelly and Osula in, Dummett and Richie out as a weakening. You can say some ageing decline to Trippier and Wilson, but then ageing growth to Hall and Tino.

Edited by Superior Acuña

8 minutes ago, tgarve said:

Was Ashworth actually good?

look at Man Uniteds transfers

There were rumours he wanted more say in transfer dealings and didn't jibe with Howe. At this time the Mitchell/Howe combo doesn't seem to be producing much either.

4 minutes ago, dcmk said:

You have literally no idea how it works at the moment.

It's a joint effort from everyone in the recruitment team.  

Eddie Howe being stubborn, ffs.  

Then explain who made the decision “Guehi or nothing”?

1 minute ago, TRC said:

Hope using this to push an agenda, as someone who doesnt rate Howe I respect this move.

Not defending hope here, but it seems like the role isn’t functional. 

Eddie’s input should be in the form of what kind of attributes he’s looking at for a certain role. If the system is Eddie wants x so we go and get x then it simply isn’t for purpose or for the long term benefit of the club. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Hope doing a Hope.

I can see what's coming man. These narratives aren't coming out for no reason.

It's looking like this thing is about to be blown up, and it might well be full scale changes, with the DOF doing a complete rebuild, including getting his own man in.

Just now, B-more Mag said:

If we end up not doing any further business, it’s going to be interesting to see how the club handles the damage control messaging without Staveley. Hard to think what a satisfactory message would be. 

Officially radio silence with briefings via Caulkin and Waugh about not settling keeping powder dry and having a terrific group with tonalis energy being like a new signing. 

5 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

No denying it's disappointing, but don't think it's true our squad is weaker than one that finished 7th. Tonali is effectively an addition, Anderson a loss. Then I don't see Kelly and Osula in, Dummett and Richie out as a weakening. You can say some ageing decline to Trippier and Wilson, but then ageing growth to Hall and Tino.

Pope back for the full season should be massive. Botman to come back into the fold too. 

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I can see what's coming man. These narratives aren't coming out for no reason.

It's looking like this thing is about to be blown up, and it might well be full scale changes, with the DOF doing a complete rebuild, including getting his own man in.

It does have that feel, England job still available as well…

Just now, Fak said:

Bet we still go on to have a decent season regardless. 

I’m trying to hold on to some hope about this whole thing but a decent season won’t keep Bruno, Isak, Gordon here. I think we need to be a bit more realistic about what players of that calibre want.