NUFC Transfer Rumours

12 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Not improving is weakening. Everyone else around us have improved, so -relatively speaking- we’re a weaker outfit this year with no additions.

Yup. I'm normally all for a bit of positive spin, but I just don't feel it here if we end the window as we are now. Especially taking into account our somewhat disjointed performances already this season and the little bit of negative mood that is creeping in.

Some positive movement in the market would have given a massive lift and changed the atmosphere around the club. 

I still think we will have a decent season due to the lack of European football, but the aim has to be top 6 if we want to keep our big names next season. I think that is a big ask when you look at the business other clubs around us are doing. 

6 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Not improving is weakening. Everyone else around us have improved, so -relatively speaking- we’re a weaker outfit this year with no further additions.

If our entire CB list consisted of just one name - that’s unacceptable - you make an offer which you deem is fair and reasonable - the other club changes the goalpost - so what do we do? Hang around like a prostitute - move onto other targets 

It’s incredibly frustrating - it makes little or no sense to me this 

One thing we need to change - the DoF has total control - that’s how the structure works - EH can have a say and a preference, but his involvement ends there - you then have clarity in terms of where the responsibility lies - it lies with the DoF - he is the one that sets out the vision and project

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

:lol:

You've got to laugh. 

Right?

Dude the amount of laughing I've done today has been good for the soul.

Obviously in a "if you didn't laugh you'd cry" kind of way but still. The takes have been amazing on here today. :lol: 

19 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

All I can assume is that we always thought we would get it done. 

I don't see how anyone can say otherwise since nobody has a clue what has happened. You can't say we should have pulled out earlier just because it didn't happen.

Yeah the noises around the deal as highlighted by @Shadow Puppets were always so confident; perhaps lackadaisically so. If Mitchell and Parish know each other so well then we should have at least had some vague notion as to how likely he’d be to budge. I suspect Parish didn’t enter into these negotiations in good faith and now, with a day left, we’re standing out in the cold with our dicks out.

I had always assumed we had tangible back-ups to Guehi but for whatever reason that doesn’t seem like the case? Maybe it’s the ultimate brinksmanship tactic by them and we’ll end up being fleeced for another 10m or whatever but I don’t see our owners being too impressed with that.

Edited by McCormick

19 minutes ago, Mikky said:

If our entire CB list consisted of just one name - that’s unacceptable - you make an offer which you deem is fair and reasonable - the other club changes the goalpost - so what do we do? Hang around like a prostitute - move onto other targets 

It’s incredibly frustrating - it makes little or no sense to me this 

One thing we need to change - the DoF has total control - that’s how the structure works - EH can have a say and a preference, but his involvement ends there - you then have clarity in terms of where the responsibility lies - it lies with the DoF - he is the one that sets out the vision and project

But why does it have to make sense to any of us? They make the decisions based on what they think is best, not just for this season, but for 2,5, 10 years ahead. 

If they deem the structure has failed, then I'm sure they'll change it....a new DOF is a huge job and new ways of working need to be established. EH may decide to doesn't want to work like that and maybe he'll opt to leave. Who knows, we aren't privy to the facts.

On 07/08/2024 at 10:24, OCK said:

I've just been to Greggs, while I was getting my morning supplies (20 corn beef pasties, 6 chicken pasties and a tray of sausage rolls) I noticed a young man getting a Peach Melmba. I'm not one to judge, but I thought that was a bold choice for 10 in the morning. So I had a little look and was amazed to discover it was Karl Darlow. "DARLO!", I shouted, which was a bit much in hindsight as he was standing just in front of me. Probably fucked his ear drums. His fury turned to warm love as he realised he who it was. We had a little handshake and a brief catch up, I mocked him over the greatest save in Championship history (a joke I know is starting to wear thin with him now). During the course of our converation he told me he was up here to show Gnonto around. 

copyright 2024 no twitter clowns super secret do not share 

Remember no twitters itk please

23 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Gnonto and Chalobah before closing tomorrow who says no

Edited by OCK

20 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

As poor as the window has been, the hysteria is worse than a teenage girl missing out on Taylor Swift tickets. Get over yourselves you pack of wet wipes.

Buddy, If you’re equating disappointment to hysteria then your parents would be wearing straightjackets.

edit: safety smiley :lol:

Edited by McCormick

20 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Yeah the noises around the deal as highlighted by @Shadow Puppets were always so confident; perhaps lackadaisically so. If Mitchell and Parish know each other so well then we should have at least had some vague notion as to how likely he’d be to budge. I suspect Parish didn’t enter into these negotiations in good faith and now, with a day left, we’re standing out in the cold with our dicks out.

I had always assumed we had tangible back-ups to Guehi but for whatever reason that doesn’t seem like the case? Maybe it’s the ultimate brinksmanship tactic by them and we’ll end up being fleeced for another 10m or whatever but I don’t see our owners being too impressed with that.

he’s played 3 times for them this season as captain. He’s talked as captain about how pleased he is to be captain and how he’s forward to the season or words to the effect. At no point was this close no matter what ‘sources’ say or how high confidence appeared to be

If a managers performance of his position is as pathetic and ineffective as that of our new D.O.F , he would be sacked. What has Mitchell done to be exempt from the same fate?

For a side that is trying to get into the top 4, it will be inexcusable should the window shut, and all we have to show is a free transfer and an inexperienced kid from Sheffield United. ( Hoping the latter makes me eat my hat, but if he does , will it be in the next 2 seasons)

What message does it give to our main 3 players ( who were the only ones, it's been widely reported, wanted by teams in the top 6) that they should hang around while we build a team worthy of Champions League, or challenging for it? 

Is the problem our CEO, Slippery Eales, or Mitchell's ineptitude? 

Surely he (or they) should have had several names ready when the Number 1 choice was proving difficult.

We should have been wary of them knowing what they were doing when Joe Gomez was mentioned in the potential deal involving Anthony Gordon.

Just now, wallsendlad1952 said:

If a managers performance of his position is as pathetic and ineffective as that of our new D.O.F , he would be sacked. What has Mitchell done to be exempt from the same fate?

For a side that is trying to get into the top 4, it will be inexcusable should the window shut, and all we have to show is a free transfer and an inexperienced kid from Sheffield United. ( Hoping the latter makes me eat my hat, but if he does , will it be in the next 2 seasons)

What message does it give to our main 3 players ( who were the only ones, it's been widely reported, wanted by teams in the top 6) that they should hang around while we build a team worthy of Champions League, or challenging for it? 

Is the problem our CEO, Slippery Eales, or Mitchell's ineptitude? 

Surely he (or they) should have had several names ready when the Number 1 choice was proving difficult.

We should have been wary of them knowing what they were doing when Joe Gomez was mentioned in the potential deal involving Anthony Gordon.

Are you Trump? Jesus.