NUFC Transfer Rumours

If you are £5 million apart in valuation on such a large deal going into deadline day, surely you swallow your pride and the small loss and just get the deal done. Panic over. Positivity restored. 

Edited by Sean

Just now, Sean said:

If you are £5 million apart in valuation on such a large deal going into deadline day, surely you swallow your pride and the small loss and just get the deal done. Panic over.

What happens if they up it again? Like they already have. It was £65M 3 weeks ago, then last week it was £70M and now it's £75M. Nothing stopping Palace from saying, "now it's deadline day, there's and extra £5M added on for our troubles, it's £80M now".

Guehi could've done us a real favour by handing in a transfer request but he hasn't. £75M is ridiculous.

Just now, Mazzy said:

What happens if they up it again? Like they already have. It was £65M 3 weeks ago, then last week it was £70M and now it's £75M. Nothing stopping Palace from saying, "now it's deadline day, there's and extra £5M added on for our troubles, it's £80M now".

Guehi could've done us a real favour by handing in a transfer request but he hasn't. £75M is ridiculous.

Good point [emoji38]

I guess we should have done this weeks ago and moved onto other targets.

But then we don't have any other targets and everybody including Steve Parrish and his dog knows that. How have we been so stupid? [emoji38]

Just now, Nucasol said:

I’d say take a 2/3rds cut. He’s on c£330k isn’t he?

You could give him a higher signing fee - e.g. 10m - so it's effectively a 35m transfer - to cover for the shortfall in wages

14 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

He didn't even have to do that, he could just have made it clear he wanted the move to Newcastle and Parish would have took the deal. He wouldn't want to hang onto an unhappy player when he could bank £70m for him.

10 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Sancho is lazy as fuck and also not very good unless he is stat padding in the bundesliga , rather keep Murphy and Miggy.

Whilst he's clearly not the answer, and on far too much money, he's got more talent in his little toe than Murphy will ever dream of having.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

that last line :(

In fairness, I find that more reassuring than some overly positive spin. There is a logic to what he’s saying given we’ve arrived at a ridiculous position. The issue is how we’ve arrived here 

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

In fairness, I find that more reassuring than some overly positive spin. There is a logic to what he’s saying given we’ve arrived at a ridiculous position. The issue is how we’ve arrived here 

Yeah true 

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

At least Howe spared us the early morning 'closed for business' Mike Ashley special on deadline day.

There's at least a bit of hope of some business, even if it is a false hope.

I think they only chance of business for us is Trafford.

Just now, gbandit said:

Definitely; as usual I think he's note perfect. Hasn't patronised the fans whilst also demonstrating support in his own players. Hopefully they continue running through brick walls for him. Personally I'd go to war for those guns of his. 

I still hold on to that tiny bit of hope that we'll do something today. It's been an utter clusterfuck of a window in my opinion. We haven't strengthened positions that needs strengthening, we haven't got rid of the deadwood.
The good thing (which in isolation is HUGE) is that we've managed to hold on to our big players - how much the other factors are a disturbance for their future none of us knows. But I guess most of the squad would want more competition for places and better players in the squad.

If you're not bettering yourself through investment you're at best standing still - works in business and surely in football as well. I have no interest in laying the blame at someone in particular - this must go down as a collective failure.

I sure hope we do better in the future though. As Eddie himself alludes to in regards to "UNITED" momentum is everything for this club, but as he's also said before - the players and club need to give the supporters something to feed off. And that would've been easier with a couple of new players in through the door as well as a roadmap of sorts as to what our intentions are for the stadium, training ground and our sporting ambitions.

We have a superb manager and a good team of lads that surely would've deserved strengthening this summer. For us as supporters though, we need to get behind them and hope for the best. 

Just now, Yorkie said:

Definitely; as usual I think he's note perfect. Hasn't patronised the fans whilst also demonstrating support in his own players. Hopefully they continue running through brick walls for him. Personally I'd go to war for those guns of his. 

Your properly in love fair enough. You’ve been hit with so many contradictions and are cool with it.