NUFC Transfer Rumours

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Our weird transfer dealings with Forest give us a pretty good indication of it. We’re pretty much fucked on wages when the new rulings kick in too. Our revenue just isn’t good enough.

The Forest deal was for previous windows. All outlets said we had a solid budget this season, wich Hall, Osula and the Guehi deal confirmed. 

Just now, nufc123 said:

The Forest deal was for previous windows. All outlets said we had a solid budget this season, wich Hall, Osula and the Guehi deal confirmed. 

Best tell our manager that then, he's saying the opposite right now.

There are plenty of people on here who have made extremely good posts explaining why we're hampered financially. The Guehi deal would have been a HUGE risk.

Great to see everyone on the sell Gordon theme now. I do wonder if the current accessibility to everything instantly (video, music & even money) has made a whole generation of people turn into impatient idiots. 

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

Then dont have that only transfer target then if its a mega problem?

Yep - have a list - have a maximum value on Guehi - if they don’t accept - move on 

We are taking a huge gamble right now

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

Then dont have that only transfer target then if its a mega problem?

I'm not arguing with that (my posts have always been pretty clear on this). I'm just saying that people stating we have £70m to spend as some form of justification is not right.

The club were choosing to risk a huge fee (£55m was closer) with the knowledge we'd have to offset it further down the line. Because the club haven't recognised any other players that might be worth that risk they've decided to go with nobody. It's not how I would do it, but I'm not the owner.

Just now, nufc123 said:

Well we didnt bid for any other.

How do we know that, everything about the Guehi saga came from the Palace end, we're very tight lipped when it comes to transfer targets.

12 minutes ago, FCB said:

At which stage do we start planetracking?

I think you'll find it's at which stage do we stop planetracking ?

I've been living in a tent next to Dobbies in Ponteland since the transfer window opened, but will have to move back into my house when the window SLAMS SHUT

Edited by bobbydazzla

2 minutes ago, KDT said:

Great to see everyone on the sell Gordon theme now. I do wonder if the current accessibility to everything instantly (video, music & even money) has made a whole generation of people turn into impatient idiots. 

No idea if this is aimed at me but it's just an alternative view imo. If we do have issues with PSR - we have to trade well. Gordon imo is the most expendable of our three biggest players and would have provided an alternative route for this summer. If that makes me an impatient idiot so be it.

30 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I think if you ignore the away form, it was pretty good. We were fucking horrible to watch in most away games like :lol: Obviously there's context.

I agree we didn’t look so clever away from home but the bigger ultimately was one of a team extremely unlucky to miss out on Europe again scoring a club record amount of goals getting deep in both domestic cup competitions despite ridiculous cup draws. 

Not saying we couldv’e done with a few signings but it’s a bit of a pet annoyance of mine seeing people moan about last season.

If nothing happens today of note let’s get a couple of players back from injuries and suspensions and re-evaluate the market in January when we start to play the majority of our fixtures. With a bit of luck we might actually realise how many players we did lose last season.

I think if you sell a purple like Gordon to create PSR room, you have to look for value in whatever you buy. That’s the only way that model works IMO. Selling a purple and then buying £70m Guehi strikes me as a bit stupid.

17 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I think if you sell a purple like Gordon to create PSR room, you have to look for value in whatever you buy. That’s the only way that model works IMO. Selling a purple and then buying £70m Guehi strikes me as a bit stupid.

Whole point of securing Mitchell I thought, was signing the younger guys who are not quite there. With a good coach, they improve, and you are happy to sell a purple at max value because the guy below is ready to take next step.

That’s how you make the strides forward within room IMO. Instead, it doesn’t seem like that. Like Osula is never stepping up anytime soon to replace Isak next season if we was the one going next summer, same for Bruno, same for Gordon. It would be a significant player gone, one needing to come in and hit ground running, and probably at a big fee with no guarantee.