NUFC Transfer Rumours

I think after this the club should focus on new deals with Isak & Gordon. It would be nice to know they are committed for the foreseeable. Only way to bring some positivity. Maybe even throw an extension in for Howe and his team, so unity across the club. 

Signing Elanga on deadline day would have papered over the cracks of what has been a really poor window for us and could have given everyone a lift right at the end.

Failing to sign him after a deadline day move is another blow and feels very much like the nonsense we’d pull under Ashley. Whichever way you dress it up it doesn’t reflect well on Eagles and Mitchell. 

1 minute ago, St1pe said:

Failing to sign him after a deadline day move is another blow and feels very much like the nonsense we’d pull under Ashley. Whichever way you dress it up it doesn’t reflect well on Eagles and Mitchell. 

It looks even worse. Going all about the whole window we will only sign players from a tiny pool of players, and then go desperate in the last few hours. From doing almost all perfect up until now, to this.

52 minutes ago, papo said:

Nunes really really fits our style of play. Would love that, but we'd have to be creative with our lineup.

I remember Wolves played him as an attacking mid and on the right sometimes. Somewhat similar to how Emery uses McGinn wide left now, but slightly tucked in.

If there's an opportunity to get a player of his calibre, and Eddie can come up with a clever way to incorporate him, I would be all over that 100%.

"Hi, is this West Ham? Great, hi, West Ham, I'm calling from Newcastle. I see here you have a Bowen, is that right? Great, great. We'll we're interested in . . . Well, yes I do know it's 6PM, but, see we have an Almiron and an a Murphy and we were wondering . . . Hello? Hello?"

23 minutes ago, LFEE said:

For someone who Tweets so much and stirs up the fan base you’d think he’d of known this before now… :lol:

He represents a sizeable minority of our support I reckon.  Incredible it’s taken this long for the penny to drop, even then. 

1 minute ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Nunes, Reiss Nelson and Sterling are probably the only players (I can think of) we’d even have a chance of negotiating for at this stage. The latter of which would need Chelsea to substantially cover his wages.

Nothing is going to happen mind.

Yeah, it would have to be a player that is being made available already.

I really really like Nunes though. That would be a heck of a signing.

But it would need some tactical tweaks to make it work. With a more narrow right sided player.