NUFC Transfer Rumours

4 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

They are three perfect examples of players who were signed because they were 'decent signings'. 

In the situation we're in, where we need to improve our first team, not just fill up the squad, and where we have limited room for manoeuvre because of arbitrary financial rules, signing nobody is preferable to blobbing money on a gamble that backfires and has you bogged down financially for years afterwards.

I agree, that's why I'm so pleased that we signed the injury-prone backup something or other Lloyd Kelly for £150,000 a week.

2 minutes ago, Jagten said:

It is an underrated possibility on here than Staveley went because of the PSR disaster. I would not be surprised to see action here. 

When the deals were agreed in the first year nobody expected the premier league rules to block us at every turn.

From PSR to in house commercial deals that others have benefitted from I think it would be hard to blame our board members for the handcuffs we are now working in.

Just now, Shearergol said:

You’ve named 3 shit players. There’s a reason we can’t shift them. Most other teams don’t really seem to have that issue.

ashley lumbered the club with shit players on long overpaid contracts. 

every club in the league signs squad players. Even Man City.

Other clubs can improve their first team with cheaper signings, and pay them lower wages because they're not the 'richest club in the world' and therefore having agents try to gouge their fucking eyeballs out. They can then get them moved on easier for the same reason.

Man City can do what the fuck they want because they're Man City and the rules either don't apply to them, or were written partially for their benefit.

Just now, bowlingcrofty said:

Other clubs can improve their first team with cheaper signings, and pay them lower wages because they're not the 'richest club in the world' and therefore having agents try to gouge their fucking eyeballs out. They can then get them moved on easier for the same reason.

Man City can do what the fuck they want because they're Man City and the rules either don't apply to them, or were written partially for their benefit.

I don’t even understand what point you’re making now. We’ve only actually signed squad fillers this window. What if Osula is the next Ryan Fraser?

10 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

Who are they gonna sack/punish? Genuine question. 

I have no idea. We’re missing a bunch of context. Either a Howe early season implosion or roll the dice again with a DoF. I’m not saying either is right because I’m not really sure what went so badly wrong. 

Just now, Shearergol said:

I don’t even understand what point you’re making now. We’ve only actually signed squad fillers this window. What if Osula is the next Ryan Fraser?

I'm saying that signing the first team players we need to sign now, to improve the first team, having bought a couple of cheaper players, isn't easy and anything below that is a gamble we can't really afford to make at the prices that those gambles would now be...

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

We're done then. Not even Trafford in.

I'm in a state of disbelief with all of this like, not a single problem position addressed.

Got a 3rd choice striker if I’m being pedantic … but yeah, super frustrating. 

well to hang fire didn't improve a fucking thing.

Utter shambles, piss poor showing from the club, can't be arsed to pick the bones out of who and why, we'll never know. 

Lett's crack on with the league eh, starting by dismantling Spuds, there's nowt new there, is there

Just now, bowlingcrofty said:

I'm saying that signing the first team players we need to sign now, to improve the first team, having bought a couple of cheaper players, isn't easy and anything below that is a gamble we can't really afford to make at the prices that those gambles would now be...

Of course it’s a gamble. That’s why you employ the best staff to ensure the risk is less. Schar breaking his leg against wolves is a much bigger risk though.

Really disappointed we haven't at least found a young understudy for RW. We did it for ST and we also should have done it for CB.

There must be someone out there, 19-23, between 500k and 5 million, decent potential who can strengthen that area of the team. Norway,Belgium,Denmark,Portugal,Turkey..etc

There's really no one in any of those leagues that can be a hidden gem?

1 minute ago, Scotty66 said:

Really disappointed we haven't at least found a young understudy for RW. We did it for ST and we also should have done it for CB.

There must be someone out there, 19-23, between 500k and 5 million, decent potential who can strengthen that area of the team. Norway,Belgium,Denmark,Portugal,Turkey..etc

Birmingham are signing a £10m striker in League One. I'm not sure between 500k and 5 million is gonna get you much in that climate sadly. 

Stupid thing about all of this is that I don't disagree that it's been a poor window - I just disagree with chucking toys out of the pram like petulant bairns when we've been on a steady improvement path for 3 years and we're impeded by the rules designed to impede us.

2 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

What happened to that Roony Bardaghi we were linked with from Copenhagen 

If we hadn’t sold Anderson and Minteh and the rest of the window was exactly as it has been, I’d still have said it’s poor but would have had hope that Minteh is a potential new signing in a problem position, and Anderson is a utility player so can cover LW, RW, CM etc where required. 

without those two it’s genuinely been a disaster

Kelly is literally the only new signing we can use. 

Osula might be too raw and get the Hall treatment most of the season.