NUFC Transfer Rumours

Tino’s a good transfer.  Smart. But the fee was another premium.  And we should’ve sold Trippier by now.  

Tonali is the Longstaff replacement but we should have signed someone else for half the money and wages. 

Knowing what we do now we should’ve sold Joelinton and Wilson too.  Joelinton on the super max don’t make sense. 

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Tino’s a good transfer.  Smart. But the fee was another premium.  And we should’ve sold Trippier by now.  

Tonali is the Longstaff replacement but we should have signed someone else for half the money and wages. 

Knowing what we do now we should’ve sold Joelinton and Wilson too.  Joelinton on the super max don’t make sense. 

Agree to disagree - Tino's been a total non-factor this season. Shocking at times, even.

8 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

Agree to disagree - Tino's been a total non-factor this season. Shocking at times, even.

Still the right profile of signing and plenty of time to come good.  Only issue with the profile is the fee and was big.  

Barnes, Tonali, dare I say even Isak - wrong profile.  Should’ve only signed 1, the first we did.  

27 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Yeah, as promising as Tino and Hall might be going forward, spending around £75 million on the pair for where the club is financially, regarding revenue coming in, was too much too soon.

We could and should have been a lot cuter with the moves we made. 

Some comparable talents in those positions that came to the Premier League, just as an example.

Kerkez the left back at Bournemouth for around £14 million and Hickey the right back at Brentford also for around £14 million.

Total of just under £30 million for the pair.

Surely we can buy two quality players a season from now on?

25-26 RW RCB

26-27 GK CF

27-28 2x Midfielders.

The ownership started needing 10 players for the 1st team to build around Schar. They’ve filled 9 of those spots with added backups dotted about. 10 with resigning Joelinton.

8 minutes ago, LFEE said:

25-26 RW RCB

26-27 GK CF

27-28 2x Midfielders.

The ownership started needing 10 players for the 1st team to build around Schar. They’ve filled 9 of those spots with added backups dotted about. 10 with resigning Joelinton.

I’m expecting RW and RCB in January tbh 

GK and CF in summer

1 minute ago, kingxlnc said:

I’m expecting RW and RCB in January tbh 

GK and CF in summer

Would be ideal but not sure we have the PSR headroom if we are assuming we are in the market for £50-70m players.

13 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

Is this is a spoof? :lol:

12 hours ago, LFEE said:

Is it not the case next summer we are back to being able to spend £150m or whatever it was we spent under the new owners in their first window?

Nope. 
We carry wages and amortisation. Isak costs on the books is the same now as the season he signed. 

Contract extensions reduce amortisation but in Bruno and Gordon’s case somewhat offset by a 50-100% increase in wages. 

We’ll find out next year. But I don’t think we are doing a great job of keeping the wages down.  We probably have 5 players on £100k+ and we wanted to add another. 

Edited by The College Dropout

12 hours ago, LFEE said:

25-26 RW RCB

26-27 GK CF

27-28 2x Midfielders.

3 years of the same midfield, RIP our aspirations 

In all seriousness, I'm sure you're thinking we would still sign young / cheap / potential players. I'm just thinking our midfield style is already looking unsustainable 

20 minutes ago, janpawel said:

3 years of the same midfield, RIP our aspirations 

In all seriousness, I'm sure you're thinking we would still sign young / cheap / potential players. I'm just thinking our midfield style is already looking unsustainable 

I am. My main thinking is our restricted budget for the players we are looking at to improve the team and also EH’s methodology of not wanting to unsettle the squad with too many signings per season. Would still expect the odd Ousula and Ashby type signings to plug small gaps in squad.

55 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Nope. 
We carry wages and amortisation. Isak costs on the books is the same now as the season he signed. 

Contract extensions reduce amortisation but in Bruno and Gordon’s case somewhat offset by a 50-100% increase in wages. 

We’ll find out next year. But I don’t think we are doing a great job of keeping the wages down.  We probably have 5 players on £100k+ and we wanted to add another. 

This is the main we’ll probably have to sell a purple next summer anyway. 

15 hours ago, LFEE said:

Is it not the case next summer we are back to being able to spend £150m or whatever it was we spent under the new owners in their first window?

We seem to have thought that for the last two summers and the reality was we had to sell £35m of young talent just to come in under the PSR limit.