NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Anyone seen Chiesa play in the last 2 years? How does he look after his ACLs?

Asking for the 3rd time 🙂 

He’s only started 9 games since being out for 10 months (and a couple of those at wing back) so in a way it’s probably not a question that would result in an answer that gives much clarity either way.

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Anyone seen Chiesa play in the last 2 years? How does he look after his ACLs?

Asking for the 3rd time 🙂 

He hasn't played a whole lot, mainly coming off the bench.

Understandably doesn't look as sharp, but we'll probably no more after he gets a full pre-season under his belt. 

Definetly brings a bit of risk to the table, but sounds like he's available at a relatively knock down fee.

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

He’s only started 9 games since being out for 10 months (and a couple of those at wing back) so in a way it’s probably not a question that would result in an answer that gives much clarity either way.

Wingback? That’s Allegri for you [emoji38]

Just now, black_n_white said:

I wonder if there was any talks when signing Tonali that we’d bring in another Italian to help him settle, a bit like the Joelinton / Bruno situation last year? Easy to say I kna, but you never know?

I think it’s more likely we’ve just identified Italy as a potential market we can exploit this summer as most of the major teams there aren’t in the best of financial positions (compared to PL teams).

12 minutes ago, Toon88 said:

2 goals in last 21 games. Having said that, he’s still recovering, and that’s why we have a chance, and others might be hesitant.

There’s Barnes, Lundstrom, Diaby, Spertysan……..

and then there’s f***ing Federico Chiesa!!!!

Now that’s what we should be targetting. Elite level, that is not just a small upgrade on what we already have. Yes, the injury was bad, but the potential & ceiling of Chiesa is levels above the rest. 

Must try and get this done. 

:lol: - and there it is. Wants ASM sold because he's a crock to bring in a bigger crock that will cost fortune as well.

2 minutes ago, hakka said:

:lol: - and there it is. Wants ASM sold because he's a crock to bring in a bigger crock that will cost fortune as well.

I’d rather have a world class crock, than a bang average crock. He’s also probably quite affordable, given the Italian market, hence why we are shopping there.

Edited by Toon88

3 minutes ago, Toon88 said:

I’d rather have a world class crock, than a bang average crock. He’s also probably quite affordable, given the Italian market, hence why we are shopping there.

The fuck is this take? :jones:

4 minutes ago, hakka said:

I don't think its unreasonable to say that Chiesa (40+ caps, multiple CL appearances) has a higher ceiling than ASM (zero caps, little if any CL experience) and swapping one for the other is hardly a daft idea

3 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I don't think its unreasonable to say that Chiesa (40+ caps, multiple CL appearances) has a higher ceiling than ASM (zero caps, little if any CL experience) and swapping one for the other is hardly a daft idea

I was just being facetious towards a specific person because of some dialogue around ASM being a crock this week.  I'm a fan of Chiesa and trust Howe and the team to do the diligence around his injury/fitness.

19 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

He hasn't played a whole lot, mainly coming off the bench.

Understandably doesn't look as sharp, but we'll probably no more after he gets a full pre-season under his belt. 

Definetly brings a bit of risk to the table, but sounds like he's available at a relatively knock down fee.

Scored two in Juve’s last three league games. Also scored for Italy a couple of weeks ago against Holland.

1 minute ago, Collage said:

Scored two in Juve’s last three league games. Also scored for Italy a couple of weeks ago against Holland.

Yeah, but how much tracking back does he do? does he have the fitness to press in Howe's system? Can he adapt to Howe's demands? You know the stuff we moan about ASM not being able to do.