NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Watched a Hall comp. Looks a baller. Pass off both feet.  

Looks like he’s actually a midfielder. Don’t expect he can defend much. Very little first team football. 

Looks a real talent.  But anything over £20m seems excessive to me. 

The Miranda lad looks ready for first team football.   His highlights are full of actual defending. But shows some good ability going forward.  I like that he’s tall and seems a defender first.  I like Burns profile I just think he’s not great.  

For a young homegrown English player that is this young and didn't look out of place in a Prem game, with some versatility too, and still so much room for growth, I don't think £20 million would be a possibility.

It does mean though, as you say, that Burn/ Target mostly start this season, with Hall being more of a rotation player. 

Its an opportunistic signing for a seemingly top prospect though, so I can see the thinking, especially if the structure is favourable.

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

What’s our FFP wiggle room? Is it that we can’t make it work with the accounts for this period or more about the stress it would put on us to make it work over the next year or two?

It seems more likely that it's this period that's the main issue, rather than the years ahead when our revenue will be much higher than it has been in the past three year period.

Just now, Jackie Broon said:

It seems more likely that it's this period that's the main issue, rather than the years ahead when our revenue will be much higher than it has been in the past three year period.

So we will be able to go big again next summer?

Chelsea are probably looking at the Livramento fee as a guide post for someone with little Premier League experience but a lot of promises.

I think 20m plus bonuses might be the more realistic fee, but I don’t doubt Ashworth and co’s ability to strike a good deal if Chelsea are legitimately willing sellers. 

9 minutes ago, Zero said:

You may call me crazy but I think we should sign both Hall and Miranda.

Apparently Miranda can be had for less than £10 million.

Ideally we'd probably do this, but it would mean having to shift Target, which would be difficult I imagine.

7 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Matt Targett to Forest for £15m once they shit the bed in January a la Wood and Shelvey.

Seen earlier they are in for Arsenal's Tavares, so maybe even this window!

I'm fine with keeping Targett though, think he'll get back to the form he first showed when he joined.

Just now, nufcjb said:

If we get Hall, is that out signings done? Thought we needed a RCB?

I reckon so. We needed a CM last Jan but the club spent on Gordon instead and seemingly hedged their bets on leaving the midfield signing for the summer. If we can’t get signings we want, it seems like the club will wait rather than go too far down the wanted lists. Think they’ve decided Lascelles will be fine as backup until at least the winter window now.

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

I think if you asked Howe he would say yes we're done, but I imagine like always there's a small chance we get soemthing VERY late in the window if it's too good to pass up on.

Hall would be the last piece of the TWO STARTING ELEVENS of equal quality jigsaw.

Just now, Mazzy said:

I think if you asked Howe he would say yes we're done, but I imagine like always there's a small chance we get soemthing VERY late in the window if it's too good to pass up on.

Hall would be the last piece of the TWO STARTING ELEVENS of equal quality jigsaw.

Schar and Botman and of equal quality with Lascelles and Burn

5 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

Hall and Targett left back, Dan Burn moves over to provide cover and competition in the middle, or so i've read a few places.