NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Media acknowledging that a temp ban will impact other clubs who operate a multi club model It mentions us, City and Brighton, you can add Bournemouth, Forest, Wolves and villa to that too. It’ll be interesting on how any vote goes.

https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/sport/football/brighton-and-hove-albion/temporary-ban-premier-league-rule-change-to-have-a-major-transfer-impact-on-newcastle-brighton-and-man-city-4403535

39 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Media acknowledging that a temp ban will impact other clubs who operate a multi club model It mentions us, City and Brighton, you can add Bournemouth, Forest, Wolves and villa to that too. It’ll be interesting on how any vote goes.

https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/sport/football/brighton-and-hove-albion/temporary-ban-premier-league-rule-change-to-have-a-major-transfer-impact-on-newcastle-brighton-and-man-city-4403535

Well that would be enough clubs to block it. But as others have mentioned I find it highly unlikely that we would even entertain a loan move from the pro league. We have already demonstrated we want to work within the FFP and we aren't prepared to entertain grey areas. Id imagine arsenal are behind this based on their recent tantrums.

30 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Tend to agree, but just to say that we don’t have a multi-club model and never have. 

if we were to start loaning players at our convenience from the KSA league, especially from the teams owned by PIF, we would be for all intents and purposes though, wouldn't we?

22 minutes ago, Smal said:

if we were to start loaning players at our convenience from the KSA league, especially from the teams owned by PIF, we would be for all intents and purposes though, wouldn't we?

Arguably yes, but we haven't done that and I don't think we will. 

My understanding of a multi-club model is really that they're more explicitly linked and actually have strategies in place for moving players between the two. Like Wolves had. 

The players that have gone to KSA have nothing to do with NUFC, seems just like speculation that they ever will. KSA didn't move players to their league in order to supply NUFC with players to circumvent rules or gain an advantage. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

There’s no morel victory in this game for me.  There’s always been rich owners that pump money into clubs. We just have the richest ones. 

When we win trophies they’ll say we bought it.  So I want us to win anyway we can. 

This is a minor. But I look forward to the day the club properly take on the PL via the courts.  

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Arguably yes, but we haven't done that and I don't think we will. 

My understanding of a multi-club model is really that they're more explicitly linked and actually have strategies in place for moving players between the two. Like Wolves had. 

The players that have gone to KSA have nothing to do with NUFC, seems just like speculation that they ever will. KSA didn't move players to their league in order to supply NUFC with players to circumvent rules or gain an advantage. 

Aye.  The City Group have an overall strategy with Man City sitting atop. City Group signed Douglas Luiz for Man City. Loaned him to their other club Girona for 2 seasons. Then sold to Villa for a profit. City get all the FFP advantages and he only ever played for their other club.  

1 minute ago, andycap said:

The red shirt cartel will be pushing this through beware of the yanks. They'll do anything to stop us making the champions league. Liverpool arsenal and man utd. 

City fans have been saying the same for years. Funnily enough they're quite supportive of us for exactly this reason. They want the cartel dismantled.

5 hours ago, Smal said:

the multiclub model is absolutely rancid like. If it takes us to trigger getting it banned then so be it afaic. 

I'd rather it was triggered by Chelsea or Man City if it was such a big deal, so fuck that.

45 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

There’s no morel victory in this game for me.  There’s always been rich owners that pump money into clubs. We just have the richest ones. 

When we win trophies they’ll say we bought it.  So I want us to win anyway we can. 

This is a minor. But I look forward to the day the club properly take on the PL via the courts.  

They say money talks…………..I’ve listened to Liverpool, Man U, and Arsenal’s money talking for fucking years. Fuck the lot of them and if it means legal action or whatever so be it.

5 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Must be tough for Arsenal. That 25 year head start disappearing in 2 seasons.

They've spent more money than us even since the takeover. On top of the shitload they were beginning to spend 2-3 years leading up to that. We've still pretty much closed the gap. 

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They've spent more money than us even since the takeover. On top of the shitload they were beginning to spend 2-3 years leading up to that. We've still pretty much closed the gap. 

I was going to make some comment about Arsenal's spending not being comparable to others in the top six but I was wrong. They've spent over €800m in the past five seasons and they're only behind Man Utd and Chelsea in that time in terms of net spend.

8 hours ago, Smal said:

the multiclub model is absolutely rancid like. If it takes us to trigger getting it banned then so be it afaic. 

Not too sure I 100% agree with it in it a sense. Owning multiple clubs isn’t correct. But like Brighton have linked up with a few teams and some other clubs too, so that they can send players on loan for experience or work permits etc. I like that idea and see us making use of that as Ashworth did with Brighton. However not the Watford and udinese kind of link of swapping about players for dodgy fees that’s wrong.

11 hours ago, ToonScotman said:

Not too sure I 100% agree with it in it a sense. Owning multiple clubs isn’t correct. But like Brighton have linked up with a few teams and some other clubs too, so that they can send players on loan for experience or work permits etc. I like that idea and see us making use of that as Ashworth did with Brighton. However not the Watford and udinese kind of link of swapping about players for dodgy fees that’s wrong.

USG in Belgium is wholly and completely owned by Tony Bloom, Brightons owner.

On 09/11/2023 at 07:20, Groundhog63 said:

Can't believe people are still flogging this urban myth. 

We actually got the going rate. Literally nobody else wanted him. 

Back on topic and, more than likely, I may have missed any relevance BUT could Saudi loan Neves back to Wolves after this rule change? 

If he's unhappy and wants re-locating back to the prem he goes there and we, subsequently, get Neto on loan. 

Fuck the Yank mafia 😂😂😂

“Flogging this urban myth” = having a fairly objective, reasonable opinion on a subject many other people share. 

We didn’t get a good fee for ASM. Regardless of opinion of him, worse players were sold for more money all summer.