NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, ExiledGeordie said:

I would imagine if we genuinely want KP then we’ll come to an agreement of some sort with City. 

Who's place would he take ? 

1 minute ago, Ben said:

Who's place would he take ? 

I don’t know for sure but I think there’s a genuine need for someone to come in and give us some protection in CM. Currently probably Longstaff I’d say. Sitting with Joelinton and Bruno slightly ahead 

4 minutes ago, NSG said:

he says there’s a need to bring players in short term yes. But immediately followed it up by saying we’ve got players coming back end of January that will make the difference. He agreed with the reporter about looking at the bigger picture. 

Certainly doesn’t say that we have to bring players in for the short term

Very difficult to get the top quality in January that we should aim to bring in. No point in bringing in players that won’t improve our first team. Unless it’s super talented young player with potential to become transformational in the next couple of years. Keep the powder dry and get the real deals done in the summer. 

Edited by Ikon

Jonathan David who we have been linked with scored a hattrick today in a 12-0 win for Lille in the French Cup.

Mind you though they played a team who had to travel 7,000km from an island where Death in Paradise is filmed. 

14 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Very difficult to get the top quality in January that we should aim to bring in. No point in bringing in players that won’t improve our first team. Unless it’s super talented young player with potential to become transformational in the next couple of years. Keep the powder dry and get the real deals done in the summer. 

Difficult not impossible - Jan 22 is arguably our best transfer window ever.

30 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Any potential stars from the Girona team worth keeping an eye on?

Assume Man City have first dibs on them all

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Jonathan David who we have been linked with scored a hattrick today in a 12-0 win for Lille in the French Cup.

Mind you though they played a team who had to travel 7,000km from an island where Death in Paradise is filmed. 

Get this on your list @Mike

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Love the French cup for that, teams from French Polynesia and New Caledonia. Like Barnsley playing Port Stanley.

6 minutes ago, madras said:

Love the French cup for that, teams from French Polynesia and New Caledonia. Like Barnsley playing Port Stanley.

I’m still expecting us to be drawn away to the Falkland Islands in round 4, and for TV broadcasters to change it to a Monday night at the last minute.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I’m still expecting us to be drawn away to the Falkland Islands in round 4, and for TV broadcasters to change it to a Monday night at the last minute.

You know we are getting Watford up here in the next round.........hang on, what's the catch and we'll have to play it simultaneously as we play Luton at home in the the league.

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

Hopefully get him in for the City game if Joelinton is injured. 

He wouldn't be able to play if it's the rumoured loan