NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

6 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

So latest I’m hearing about him is that Liverpool are now interested [emoji38]

Aye, not a fucking chance Man City are loaning or even selling him to Liverpool.

Waste of fucking time writing that link.

You’re throwing round a bit of anger in your posts recently, Stifler or at least that’s how it feels reading it. Is that a fair judgement or do you not see it that way?

26 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

So latest I’m hearing about him is that Liverpool are now interested [emoji38]

Liverpool are signing Mbappe according to the latest rumours apparently. That was coming from someone looking at his phone so fuck knows what he was looking at.

17 minutes ago, gbandit said:

You’re throwing round a bit of anger in your posts recently, Stifler or at least that’s how it feels reading it. Is that a fair judgement or do you not see it that way?

Nah, I’ve not been angry. Sorry if it has come across like that.

That one was just more of I think it’s highly unlikely Man City would sell/loan a player to a title rival in the middle of the season and think that’s fairly obvious.

But no, I haven’t been angry or meant to cause offence to anyone.

Just now, Stifler said:

Nah, I’ve not been angry. Sorry if it has come across like that.

That one was just more of I think it’s highly unlikely Man City would sell/loan a player to a title rival in the middle of the season and think that’s fairly obvious.

But no, I haven’t been angry or meant to cause offence to anyone.

Fair play, just wanted to check you were doing ok

Phillips sitting in front of the back 4 with Bruno + JL or Willock rest of the season and giving time to Miley, Longstaff and Anderson would be nice. 

Does a DM have to press that much and have Howe levels of fitness, or can they just sit a little more in front of Botman and Schar without having to run about like an Almiron? With the way we play I'd imagine he'd spend most of his time just guarding for counters, while trippier and the LB push up.

Either way, if it's a good fee maybe with an option, then its an extra body for pretty cheap and could really help out in certain situations. I'm for it, but does remind me of a Tierney/Maddison rumour.

With Phillips if the press are to be believed 5/7m loan and 40m obligation to buy is just a non starter for me. 28 barely played in 2 years no garentee right now we have Europe next season so may not have as heavy a fixture next season. Easier said than done but saving it for two raw 20m sort if raw/rough diamond types would be just as risky but potentially more lucrative.

The desire to bring the age of the squad down and while we shouldn't care at the money budgets need to be managed thanks to FFP. Appreciate the want for it now to plug an obvious weakness. Maybe the club hope 1. The player pushes for it or 2. Lack of alternative exit for him gets us a more favourable deal late in the window.

We desperately need a DM 2nd half yesterday hammered that home for me. Even those useless horrible cunts and in particular Pritchard was finding gaps between our midfield and defence.

Not sold on Phillips in a permanent deal but I’ve come round to the idea he could do a job for rest of season.

The ideal player we need is a Manu Kone / Douglas Luiz type of player and it should be a priority in the summer regardless of Tonali returning.

Edited by Whitley mag

Guest reefatoon
35 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

We desperately need a DM 2nd half yesterday hammered that home for me. Even those useless horrible cunts and in particular Pritchard was finding gaps between our midfield and defence.

Not sold on Phillips in a permanent deal but I’ve come round to the idea he could do a job for rest of season.

The ideal player we need is a Manu Kone / Douglas Luiz type of player and it should be a priority in the summer regardless of Tonali returning.

Don’t think this is necessarily true (the desperate need of a dedicated dm). Before Joelinton went off we were absolutely fine and controlling it (like we have done most of last season). I think having three players in there who can switch and control possession is the right way, but we have just been hit with key players missing from that, and are left with a weak looking midfield because of it. Personally don’t think just putting a DM in there makes the difference (think it may hamper us going the other way). We just need to get players back and players in who can be part of that dynamic three in the centre of the pitch, who cover and work both ways on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Do villa play kamara and Luiz in DM?

Surely it comes down to discipline and common sense with our lot all it takes is one to sit deeper slightly when we have the ball so our whole midfield isn't bypassed by one ball. We seem to go gung ho like kids a bit too much 😂

I find fees and player values totally abstract, and am so confident in the corruption of football that I don’t think any of it is true or matters.

Against that background I don’t give a rat’s ass about fees, if a good player who looks likely to fit our style, manager and dressing room is there and available I’ll happily take them. I don’t know enough about Phillips to answer confidently, but I reckon he’d fare well based on the player he was and personality that I understood him to have.

Not playing matches regularly for 18 months surely can’t render him ineffective or somehow low value? He’ll still have been training every day with one of the greatest football squads in the history of the sport and one of its most celebrated and decorated managers. 

Howe’s system is complex so I look at it as:

1. It won’t be alien to him in concept 

2. he’s shown previously he can handle the demanding fitness aspect 

3. he clearly fills an obvious gap that we have (not just defensive minded midfielder, but also just another warm body for the midfield rotation, especially with joelinton twanging muscle fibres every other week). 

From an armchair pundit and detailed observer perspective, it looks such a sensible move.