NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Bruno out, McTominay in, Eddie Howe’s Brexit Mags.

Contract extensions for Ritchie, Dummett, Lascelles and Wilson to protect dressing room chemistry.

Can’t see anyone complaining about 40% rise in season tickets this summer.

What drugs you on today? 

Craig Hope is a journalist, a daily mail journalist, no less. :lol: It's literally his job to get people to read his stuff. Its sensationalist, sure, but hasnt it always been? 

If you watch his YouTube videos, normally pre and post match, I generally agree with most of the stuff he says. 

3 minutes ago, andycap said:

The difference is coutinho bale and rice wanted away to barca real and chelsea/arsenal so they had no choice. 

We're going to be in the same position if Madrid or Barcelona (or probably PSG) come calling. If someone else comes in for him then I'm honestly not sure what happens. Although I also have no idea who could afford him.

Just now, andycap said:

The difference is coutinho bale and rice wanted away to barca real and chelsea/arsenal so they had no choice. 

How's that any difference? The likelihood is that we won't have regular champions league football, the sharks are going to circle on him.

Who can afford him? Man United, Man City, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Barcelona (they'd find the fucking money).

Make no mistake, Pep would take Bruno in a heartbeat and he'd be outrageous for them. 

If someone puts in 100m, clause or not, we'd sell and don't be fooled Bruno is no different to any other footballer, they all want the biggest wages and the chance of trophies. 

It's not a case of being Mr Negative. Just don't convince yourself it won't happen because it's a lot more likely than you might think.

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

We're going to be in the same position if Madrid or Barcelona (or probably PSG) come calling. If someone else comes in for him then I'm honestly not sure what happens. Although I also have no idea who could afford him.

Not Barcelona, they’ve not been able to do a couple of deals because they’re skint.

2 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Only real or barca would tempt him in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

We've got the money to say no. We've got the money to add to the Brunos, etc. It's FFP stopping us. It's shite. 

1 minute ago, STM said:

How's that any difference? The likelihood is that we won't have regular champions league football, the sharks are going to circle on him.

Who can afford him? Man United, Man City, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Barcelona (they'd find the fucking money).

Make no mistake, Pep would take Bruno in a heartbeat and he'd be outrageous for them. 

If someone puts in 100m, clause or not, we'd sell and don't be fooled Bruno is no different to any other footballer, they all want the biggest wages and the chance of trophies. 

It's not a case of being Mr Negative. Just don't convince yourself it won't happen because it's a lot more likely than you might think.

Bargaining power is why he's not in a hurry to leave. Cannot see him kicking up a fuss. 

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

We've got the money to say no. We've got the money to add to the Brunos, etc. It's FFP stopping us. It's shite. 

He's got some kind of a release clause, so it won't matter at some point if it's the right club (in his mind).

Just now, andycap said:

Bargaining power is why he's not in a hurry to leave. Cannot see him kicking up a fuss. 

Got 2 Geordie kids marra. His dad is a legend and loved already. He loves it here. Bet he’s still here after the summer :indi:

1 minute ago, andycap said:

He's in such a hurry not to leave that he asked his agent to put a release clause in his contract. :lol:

Let's hope he doesn't... but he might.

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Got 2 Geordie kids marra. His dad is a legend and loved already. He loves it here. Bet he’s still here after the summer :indi:

If real come knocking I'm sure he'll tell the club he'd be interested but that's it. No toys thrown about. 

Kieran Maguire seems to think as long as we do nothing stupid we are fine by FFP with a rough loss of 65m over the last 3 years. Doesnt include the summer deals, CL, Adidas, Sela.

1 minute ago, STM said:

He's in such a hurry not to leave that he asked his agent to put a release clause in his contract. :lol:

Let's hope he doesn't... but he might.

How do you know we didn't want it in aswell so we can say you know the price match it to a buying club. 

59 minutes ago, TRC said:

Kieran Maguire seems to think as long as we do nothing stupid we are fine by FFP with a rough loss of 65m over the last 3 years. Doesnt include the summer deals, CL, Adidas, Sela.

We don't need to sell, but we might want to to give ourselves extra wiggle room on the buying players front.

26 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Ashworth (imo) very deliberately mentioned club-specific release clauses when Bruno was brought up recently.

And outside of the PL. There's honestly only a handful of clubs who could afford his release clause.

2 hours ago, STM said:

Craig Hope is a journalist, a daily mail journalist, no less. :lol: It's literally his job to get people to read his stuff. Its sensationalist, sure, but hasnt it always been? 

If you watch his YouTube videos, normally pre and post match, I generally agree with most of the stuff he says. 

:lol: he's defo reading this forum having a chortle at the hate. I would be!

Overall Bruno is more of a complete midfielder but Cabaye was so effective, just as progressive with forward passing and his goal threat was much higher.

Until we have others in the side who can shoulder that responsibility of getting us winning, we shouldn’t even be considering selling Bruno but a younger player similar to either him or Cabaye would go a long way to having a continuity plan for when players do get sold. We just don’t have that currently.

Selling Bruno would be a huge backwards step and I'm quite confident it won't happen.

Eddie loves him and I really think he's here for the long haul 🙏