NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We’ve had plenty of ageing Mackems play for us mind :) 

Venison and Bracewell immediately spring to mind as excellent signings. Given also qualifies (though was only there briefly/on loan?). More distant past, Jeff Clarke & Pop Robson, I think, qualify/played for them first. 

28 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Venison and Bracewell immediately spring to mind as excellent signings. Given also qualifies (though was only there briefly/on loan?). More distant past, Jeff Clarke & Pop Robson, I think, qualify/played for them first. 

Yedlin and Ki.

Edited by Scoot

27 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Yedlin and Ki.

Danny Rose too.

Although personally I don’t really count players that were on loan with them for a bit as ex-mackems.

1 hour ago, TRC said:

Think we need 11 wins from the remaining 18 games to get top 6. If we scrap the Villa, Arsenal and City games we still have injuries thats 11 wins from 15. Its not pessimism its just clear what we need to do and its a big ask.

I'm not even talking about this season. I'm talking about the next 2-3 seasons. Miley aside it doesn't seem like we have many homegrown lads coming through. Until we do Longstaff pretty much has to stay. 

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

Danny Rose too.

Although personally I don’t really count players that were on loan with them for a bit as ex-mackems.

I hadn't really read what the conversation was about. I just seen players that had played for them before us.:)

While it does seem like we've hit our FFP limit, particularly with the favourable COVID year dropping off at the start of next season, I have no doubt the club will be using the situation to overegg how bad our position is.

Karim Benzema - Al Ittihad

Could the France ace really return to Europe just months after leaving Real Madrid for Saudi Arabia? Don't rule it out, with reports in recent weeks saying he is unhappy in the Middle East.

Benzema spent 14 seasons at Real Madrid and scored more than 350 goals in helping them win four La Liga and five Champions League titles, and notched more than 30 for the third successive season before moving to Al Ittihad.

He has scored nine times in 15 league games since moving but, with Al Ittihad languishing in seventh, could he be tempted into the Premier League?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67957436

Bring him home.

6 hours ago, aussiemag said:

It seems we have to sell to buy. What would you be willing to sell each of our players for? 

Pope - 30 mill 

Dubravka - 5 mill 

Trippier - 25 mill 

Schar - 20 mill 

Botman - 80 mill 

Livramento - 60 mill 

Lascelles - 15 mill 

Burn - 15 mill 

Targett - 10 mill 

Krafth - 5 mill 

Dummett - Free

Manquillo - Free

Hall - loan 

Longstaff - 30 mill 

Miley - 60 mill 

Joelinton - 50 mill 

Bruno - 100 mill 

Willock - 40 mill 

Almiron - 20 mill 

Tonali - 40 mill 

Anderson - 30 mill 

Ritchie - Free

Gordon - 70 mill 

Murphy - 15 mill 

Barnes - 30 mill 

Isak - 100 mill 

Wilson - 20 mill 

—————————

Total Value - 870 mill 

I’d be looking to sell Almiron, Wilson, Targett, Longstaff and Krafth. Dont renew Ritchie or Dummett. Bring in 85 mill pounds. Save 500k a week in wages. 

Sign a developing CB to backup Schar (30 mill)

A starting RW (50 mill)

A forward to replace Wilson (50 mill) 

Get Minteh back. 
A central midfielder that can receive the ball deep to beat the press. (50 mill) 

—————————————————-

cost - 180 mill @ 36 mill per year. 

Can I have a pint of what you've been drinking please.

Just now, Beth said:

Can I have a pint of what you've been drinking please.

£60m for Burn, Anderson and the 5 months left on Lascelles’ contract, - sign me the fuck up to the crystal

meth diet.

6 hours ago, gbandit said:

We desperately need to be matching Brighton’s transfer model but was that more down to their owner than Ashworth?

Doesn't he have a big stake in that database thing they and others use? 

4 hours ago, aussiemag said:

Our key players are Trippier, Schar Botman, Joelinton, Bruno, Gordon, Isak, Tonali (potentially). 

Almiron, Wilson and Longstaff are first team players. But not key. We won’t progress to a top 6 side with them playing regularly. 

Like eales said, £50m although asking a bit for those combined is effectively three £50m players and wages room so still pretty good. Obviously the homegrown issue is probably a bigger problem though

Complete off the top of my head guessing fees but that's sesko/David, bakayoko, that kone/fofana sort of signings *

*they probably cost more but my point is that it goes a fair way 

Edited by Fezzle

6 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Like eales said, £50m although asking a bit for those combined is effectively three £50m players and wages room so still pretty good. 

Still need to replace them on top of what we already need. 

What I'm seeing is alot of politics and posturing.

Don't be fooled. We will sign someone.

There's been nothing to say we won't sign someone, that we aren't trying to sign someone and that the coffers are empty.

There's a helluva lot of value in letting it be known that we haven't got a lot of money. I'm not saying it's a lie buts it's also a great bargaining tool.

Whatever we DO have left, we will use to get Eddie the player he needs.

37 minutes ago, STM said:

What I'm seeing is alot of politics and posturing.

Don't be fooled. We will sign someone.

There's been nothing to say we won't sign someone, that we aren't trying to sign someone and that the coffers are empty.

There's a helluva lot of value in letting it be known that we haven't got a lot of money. I'm not saying it's a lie buts it's also a great bargaining tool.

Whatever we DO have left, we will use to get Eddie the player he needs.

Yep, FFP is definitely limiting us, but the club will be making the most of it.

Really don't see why we are snubbing the Phillips loan price. Providing he stays fit he probably gets us into the top 7 which pays for the loan fee itself.

If we are using the FFP line to bring down prices, it hasn’t really worked has it ? I think we have paid market value or above for pretty much all our signings apart from Trippier.