NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Most of the Ashley-era players who got their big moves flopped big time, with plenty of them now talking about their time at Newcastle with starry-eyed revisionism.

Wijnaldum was really the only one who was a success, and even one of the bigger successes on the list (Sissoko) wasn't liked by the club's fans. 

Injuries and so on obviously played a factor but the likes of Carroll, Enrique, Ba, Cabaye, Remy, Yanga-Mbiwa, Debuchy all flopped. Ironically the scapegoat (Simpson) and the waster (Thauvin) from that era went on to have more success than most. 

You could argue that even Mikel Merino didn't really fulfil his promise after he left us. He's gone on to play for Spain but he was being touted for greatness when we had him

I agree with Phillips not making sense as a transfer if Man City are insisting on an obligation. Mind, we're a Bruno injury away from the season being a total write off if it isn't one already. Peak that he's 2 cards away from 2 consecutive defeats for us a 2 game ban anyway.

Just now, TRon said:

That's a shame because it made football sense.

City probably looked at our injury record and put the price up to protect their asset.

1 minute ago, TRC said:

City probably looked at our injury record and put the price up to protect their asset.

I doubt it, they will have a fee in mind, doesn't seem like we were ever prepared to pay the alleged £40m.

I see everybody losing their shit over that article regarding Joelinton out for the season. Is that guy legit? Never seen him tweet anything about Newcastle before, so is there substance to it? Or is it the usual Neurotics Online case of presume the worst even when no evidence exists?

1 minute ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

I see everybody losing their shit over that article regarding Joelinton out for the season. Is that guy legit? Never seen him tweet anything about Newcastle before, so is there substance to it? Or is it the usual Neurotics Online case of presume the worst even when no evidence exists?

Count me in, the evidence will follow shortly.

1 minute ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Not losing my shit myself but yeah the talk is assuming it’s true. Which wouldn’t be a surprise either really. 

5 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

I mean, 6 weeks minimum seemed like it’s nailed on that it’s going to be a good few weeks longer than that. Our return dates have been miles off all season. 

Even if that article is horse shit. Realistically, how many games do people expect him to play this season? 10 at most, I reckon.

So we will still have a good chunk of games with next to no options for the midfield or possibly even only two centre mids available for three positions.  

Edited by Lush Vlad