NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I thought Lascelles was out of contract at the end of the season?

Obviously there's nothing stopping them paying £5m or whatever for the extra 4 months you'd get but perhaps they're just talking to him about moving in the summer?

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I thought Lascelles was out of contract at the end of the season?

Obviously there's nothing stopping them paying £5m or whatever for the extra 4 months you'd get but perhaps they're just talking to him about moving in the summer?

Can’t see us letting him go atm, unless he really wants the move now (which would surprise me) summer more likely if it happens. Maybe they’re happy with Dummie stepping up?

16 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

This time last season Miley wasn't on anyone's radar as a first team option.

We have 18 months to sort it out

I guarantee you Longstaff will be here for at least another 2 seasons. There's no quick fix to sort out more young players coming through. Either the talent pool is there or it's not. We have bought in a few since the new ownership, and there's loads more investment going into the youth setup, but I honestly think we're still 4/5 seasons away from consistently producing first team level talent. 

6 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Can’t see us letting him go atm, unless he really wants the move now (which would surprise me) summer more likely if it happens. Maybe they’re happy with Dummie stepping up?

Goes for nothing in the summer, nominal fee now - guess it depends if we're spending this window 

What are the homegrown rules, could we used gordon and say barnes in them slots now/have to wait abit/never

Having said that it would seem to easy, i dunno

FFP is taking the fun out of transfers like VAR is out of goals.

Instead of being enraged at the selling of a player its like "well we have to for FFP" and instead of being excited about signing players its "cant because of FFP".

Am i right in thinking we can now be sponsored by companies associated with our owners? That was a short term thing when we first got taken over, right?

So where are all these lucrative sponsorship deals? Sell the naming rights for £200m FFS and get Eddie some players!

Just now, Holmesy said:

Am i right in thinking we can now be sponsored by companies associated with our owners? That was a short term thing when we first got taken over, right?

So where are all these lucrative sponsorship deals? Sell the naming rights for £200m FFS and get Eddie some players!

Any related party sponsor has to pass the fair market value test. Basically the EPL will decide how much you should be getting. 

20 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Any related party sponsor has to pass the fair market value test. Basically the EPL will decide how much you should be getting. 

Get them to “want” to pay £300m then settle at half.

Stadium naming rights generally generate a lot less than you may think. The headline figures can be big as they are usually multi-decade deals and it's nice, consistent revenue, but it likely wouldn't be a game changer for us.

• The stadium naming rights for Spotify Camp Nou are apparently worth roughly €5m per season.
  • The Emirates deal is shockingly low at around £4m/year for the stadium portion.
  • The Etihad is around £20m/year (and likely inflated).
  • The NFL's Kansas City Chiefs did something we may look at as they didn't want to lose the Arrowhead Stadium name, so for $4m per year it's GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium.
  • New York's MetLife stadium (home of the Giants and Jets) is $16m/year, the same as baseball's New York Mets Citi Field. Both were new stadiums at the time, which is more attractive to the sponsor.
  • One of the biggest deals is SoFi Stadium (also new), home of the NFL's LA Rams and Chargers, for $30m per season (20 year deal). LA is also home to what I think is the biggest deal in the world, Crypto.com arena (home of the Lakers and, for now, Clippers) for $35m/year.

My guess is anything above £4-8m would get pushback (maybe £10-15m if we built a new stadium). It's a new squad player, not a shopping bonanza.

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Stadium naming rights generally generate a lot less than you may think. The headline figures can be big as they are usually multi-decade deals and it's nice, consistent revenue, but it likely wouldn't be a game changer for us.

• The stadium naming rights for Spotify Camp Nou are apparently worth roughly €5m per season.
  • The Emirates deal is shockingly low at around £4m/year for the stadium portion.
  • The NFL's Kansas City Chiefs did something we may look at as they didn't want to lose the Arrowhead Stadium name, so for $4m per year it's GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium.
  • New York's MetLife stadium (home of the Giants and Jets) is $16m/year, the same as baseball's New York Mets Citi Field. Both were new stadiums at the time, which is more attractive to the sponsor.
  • One of the biggest deals is SoFi Stadium (also new), home of the NFL's LA Rams and Chargers, for $30m per season (20 year deal). LA is also home to what I think is the biggest deal in the world, Crypto.com arena (home of the Lakers and, for now, Clippers) for $35m/year.

My guess is anything above £4-8m would get pushback (maybe £10-15m if we built a new stadium). It's a new squad player, not a shopping bonanza.

Yes but there are many commercial deal

opportunities. Stadium. Toilet roll. Official glasses. Beer. Toilet seats. Carpets. Goalposts. Corporate boxes. Tvs.

Anything can be sponsored for the right price.

1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

I think we would just take any cash we can get for a player who isn't first choice. Might be we don't have much expectation for the rest of the season due to crippling injuries across the board so if we can get a fee we take it rather than lose him for nothing at the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

Yes but there are many commercial deal

opportunities. Stadium. Toilet roll. Official glasses. Beer. Toilet seats. Carpets. Goalposts. Corporate boxes. Tvs.

Anything can be sponsored for the right price.

Oh, I know. It all adds up and it's among the single biggest opportunities left, but it's not an FFP panacea.

Can’t see us selling Lascelles mid season, especially this season. Hes played a large percentage of minutes and has generally done well, his presence and leadership adds value to.. not really something you can replace easily. I’m 90% sure he’ll sign an extension also.

A bit of grit and determination probably goes along way in an injury crisis, more so in a physical system and from an experienced pro.

Edited by Nine

9 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Good post, I hadn’t realised that revenue would be so low. It’s almost not worth it for the division in opinions over the whole thing.

It may seem like a catch 22 with out FFP predicament but getting one of those famous names currently based in Saudi could be a big earner for us. How many shirt sales is Ronaldo shifting these days?

We need a massive injection that doesn’t involve selling the Crown Jewels.

4 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Mega risky letting Lascelles go. 

Riskier than letting Shelvey go last season without a replacement? Especially with us chasing top 4 a year ago.

If Benzema is available I would hope we would be in the mix considering who their owners are.  Certainly be wrong if he went to Chelsea.