NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

38 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Not keen on Onana at all, big joe is much better imo. EPL tax is to real, this summer has shown we can’t afford to pay 60m per player   

Thuram would be the one for me.

I'd rather sign 3 less players in the summer and not sell bruno tbh

Rather than an overhaul and 5 or 6 coming in.

Edited by jack j

Just now, jack j said:

Definitely get this sentiment, Bruno gets us and is world class, selling him would be heart breaking. 

It’s also a massive opportunity to push forward and evolve further. Biggest decision we face either way will be coming sooner rather than later though. 

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

You were going to pay him £200Kpw? Presume that would have made him your highest earner, would be more than anybody at Spurs is rumoured to be on as well.

We weren’t because we couldn’t without breaking the wage structure. You’s could and did hence why he signed for your lot. My point being when looking at the cost of players it’s not just the fee to be mindful of it’s the contract cost and knock on effect in dressing room with other players.

He’s your highest paid player now that Kane has left and on a substantial amount more than what Barnes is on here.

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

Depends on the three tbf

If we added quality at CM, RW and forward, plus Tonali coming back, we could have a stronger squad overall - plus whatever we could afford to spend without selling Bruno.

11 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Yeah, time was we could have kept Bruno and bought new players.

The idea that we have to sell to rebuild when really we’re only a couple of years into this is insane. I suppose in 18 months or so we’d sell Isak too just so we can continue doing business. Citing West Ham and Villa is fine, but they haven’t actually achieved anything more than us yet, they haven’t broken into the cartel.

Just now, LFEE said:

We weren’t because we couldn’t without breaking the wage structure. You’s could and did hence why he signed for your lot. My point being when looking at the cost of players it’s not just the fee to be mindful of it’s the contract cost and knock on effect in dressing room with other players.

He’s your highest paid player now that Kane has left and on a substantial amount more than what Barnes is on here.

He didn’t choose us because we offered him more money than you. He chose us because he wanted to play for us,

The fact that you think he’s our highest paid player now too doesn’t bolster your credibility :lol:

The selling Almiron to replace him with MGW rumour has just set me up to be utterly disappointed this window because it’s never going to happen. It would be perfect for us. 

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

??? Paqueta is very skilful and silky. Technical.  MGW is very physical. 

Gibbs White has a high level of technical ability, the difference being he is less flash than Paqueta.

25 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

He didn’t choose us because we offered him more money than you. He chose us because he wanted to play for us,

The fact that you think he’s our highest paid player now too doesn’t bolster your credibility :lol:

That top line is correct. He didn't even discuss wages with us. We sounded him out, got told no.

23 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Who is your highest paid player out of interest, Son, I'm assuming?  Maddison was rumoured to be getting £170k a week when he signed, wasn't he?  

I'm sure he would have chose Spurs even if we could afford to pay the same wages.  But there is no chance we would have been able to match that, if true.  That was before Bruno's new contract and I think at the time our highest earners were £120K a week. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Who cares about Maddison? Has a guaranteed 2 month injury lay off every season and doesn’t fit into his ur system at all. 

Me obviously :lol:. The only reason I pipe up is that every once in a while a new mole pops up with the same nonsense and I feel obliged to whack them with the mallet.

Just now, leffe186 said:

Me obviously :lol:. The only reason I pipe up is that every once in a while a new mole pops up with the same nonsense and I feel obliged to whack them with the mallet.

Your way better than that man, I get it though :lol:

6 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Who is your highest paid player out of interest, Son, I'm assuming?  Maddison was rumoured to be getting £170k a week when he signed, wasn't he?  

I'm sure he would have chose Spurs even if we could afford to pay the same wages.  But there is no chance we would have been able to match that, if true.  That was before Bruno's new contract and I think at the time our highest earners were £120K a week. 

Yeah, Son. Wages are all conjecture anyway, and since ours (and now many others) have been bonus-driven for ages they’re even more impenetrable. That Sportrac site or whatever it is seems to make plausible guesses, but they are guesses.

19 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Who cares about Maddison? Has a guaranteed 2 month injury lay off every season and doesn’t fit into his ur system at all. 

Maybe we need to change our system?

8 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Maybe we need to change our system?

Difficult, if we look our midfielders they are basically all box to box players, all of our signings to date have been bought with the intent of playing in our current system imo. 

56 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Maybe he did prefer a move to Spurs but why are you stating that as fact? Also do you really believe we could have offered wages any where near what Spurs are paying him? [emoji38]