NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

3 minutes ago, STM said:

It does seem astonishing that we don't seem willing sellers.... when we don't want to sell.

And that we don't seem convincing buyers, when we have fuck all money to spend.

[emoji38]

Fuck sake it's not rocket science. We are skint, our options were limited, we decided to stick rather than twist... I back them.

I think we needed to sell in order to bring in a midfielder at any rate. But time will tell if we made the right decision. Players in their 30's are only going to go down in value, will be interesting to see how we raise money in the summer to try to invest in better players.

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Very childish it’s a different opinion you just don’t like it.

It's a different world we live in man. You live in some fantasy pseudo football manager would where everything is dramatic, full of conflict and conspiracy.

Our club is finally as I want it... TRYING... and perhaps to my own fault, people like you spoil it for me.

Honestly didn't see how fast this would turn with our fans....where newcastle united can have 1 brilliant season of success and half a season of some CL football and now all of a sudden our fans truly did forget where the fuck we were without these owners. 

2 minutes ago, STM said:

It's a different world we live in man. You live in some fantasy pseudo football manager would where everything is dramatic, full of conflict and conspiracy.

Our club is finally as I want it... TRYING... and perhaps to my own fault, people like you spoil it for me.

I wouldn’t let me spoil it for you, take your own advice and ignore going forward there’s a good lad.

Edited by Whitley mag

I think the pretty obvious problem is that all the clubs who would want our players are operating under the same constraints we are. We need to sell before we buy, but so does everyone else. And there are no buyers. 

The Saudi League is the way around that, but as others have discussed in this thread, there are still human beings involved, and if it doesn't work it doesn't work. And frankly I don't mind us steering clear of selling players there anyway given the obvious conflict of interest. 

13 minutes ago, STM said:

Yes but football doesn't work in such simple terms. Eddie wants a group that's bonded together and would probably have preferred sorting something longer term, like a loan with option.

Man City wanted quite alot just for the loan.

I like him as a player but I'm pleased we had our heads switched on.

I'm generally on board with that. I just think we're in a unique situation and would really benefit from a fresh face and energy. Full trust in Eddie and the club, but not taking the opportunity to bring in a CM without the need to sell anyone goes down as a mistake for me (assuming we don't find another one in the next 24 hours).

6 minutes ago, oldtype said:

I think the pretty obvious problem is that all the clubs who would want our players are operating under the same constraints we are. We need to sell before we buy, but so does everyone else. And there are no buyers. 

The Saudi League is the way around that, but as others have discussed in this thread, there are still human beings involved, and if it doesn't work it doesn't work. And frankly I don't mind us steering clear of selling players there anyway given the obvious conflict of interest. 

That's fine, I just hope it doesn't go tits up second half of the season and we don't make Europe for the lack of options in midfield. If it's a cold hard business decision and we think it makes more sense to write the season off and go again next season fair enough. But we will get less money for the same players, so will maybe not be able to afford the better calibre players regardless.

54 minutes ago, TRon said:

That's fine, I just hope it doesn't go tits up second half of the season and we don't make Europe for the lack of options in midfield. If it's a cold hard business decision and we think it makes more sense to write the season off and go again next season fair enough. But we will get less money for the same players, so will maybe not be able to afford the better calibre players regardless.

If I understand this amortization stuff correctly, the longer we hold a player, the smaller their book value becomes, which increases our FFP boost when we sell them. So we can afford to let a player go for slightly less in the summer and still get the same benefit since it's all monopoly money for us anyway. 

2 minutes ago, oldtype said:

If I understand this amortization stuff correctly, the longer we hold a player, the smaller their book value becomes, which increases our FFP boost when we sell them. So we can afford to let a player go for slightly less in the summer and still get the same benefit since it's all monopoly money for us anyway. 

Well that doesn't really help us for the rest of the season in the positions we are short, but at least it justifies not letting anyone go who can still play a part this season.

If we didnt find the money for a midfielder with our current options available, i dont see us having money for a striker sadly.

If we do i seriously gotta question why we havent brought in a CM.

Edited by Displayname