NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wilson and Barnes supposedly due back the weekend, we won’t go into the market.

It's all set up for Callum to repeat his second half of the season heroics from the last time round. He'll probably love that sort of challenge.

Just now, duo said:

Eddie discounting incomings

Although in reality there probably won’t be any incomings, his exact words were…

”I’d be more than happy if the window shut right now with no incomings or outgoings”

1 minute ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Although in reality there probably won’t be any incomings, his exact words were…

”I’d be more than happy if the window shut right now with no incomings or outgoings”

Sounds like a fucking Ashley era line

Don't think we'll sign anyone. 

Can't imagine we'll even take Ekitike. PSG will want him playing and given he's played 9 minutes this season, by the time he's up to speed Wilson will be back.

Think Howe would prefer Gordon over him anyway even if we had him.

Is there not a striker we can sign on a free transfer or even a striker from the Championship or league 1 we can get for a few mil and low wages? I am sure many would join for low wages with an opportunity to prove themselves in the Prem. We just need a body with some experience who can play as third choice striker for the rest of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Jesse Pinkman said:

Is there not a striker we can sign on a free transfer or even a striker from the Championship or league 1 we can get for a few mil and low wages? I am sure many would join for low wages with an opportunity to prove themselves in the Prem. We just need a body with some experience who can play as third choice striker for the rest of the season. 

Sure, but not up to the standards we need so no point. I think it’s quite clear we are right at our limit so we have to shift someone for money to get someone in. 

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Sure, but not up to the standards we need so no point. I think it’s quite clear we are right at our limit so we have to shift someone for money to get someone in. 

Aye it couldn’t be much clearer at this point. If we could have we would have spent money. Pretty sure we are going to be in a position to do so in the summer.