NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Absolutely. 

Off the top of my head, can only think of Pep who tinkers a fair bit.

:thup: easy for him to tinker with Walker, Dias, Stones, Ake, Akanji and Gvardiol :lol: 

Just now, The Prophet said:

Gillespie, Karius, Dubravka, Dummett, Lascelles, Ritchie, Hayden, Hendrick, Miggy and Wilson out.

GK, CB, RW and ST in.

We thinking something like that?

I don't think Gillespie will, he's like the nuclear button option for GK. I suspect Dummett might just hang around the U-Bend depending on numbers.

Dubravka will be 100% gone IMO. The defenders don't trust him and he's making noises.

Miggy and Wilson I reckon will go. Lascelles 50/50.

That's how I see it anyway.

I don't understand this clamour for a number 6. If all were fit we'd have seven CMs to choose from as it is, I'm sure Tonali would be able to play that role and even then Howe's midfield trio system is more like playing three number 8s with one of them filling in the 6 role if necessary.

A new CB, RW and Striker are more important to bring in this summer.

Just now, Beth said:

I don't understand this clamour for a number 6. If all were fit we'd have seven CMs to choose from as it is, I'm sure Tonali would be able to play that role and even then Howe's midfield trio system is more like playing three number 8s with one of them filling in the 6 role if necessary.

A new CB, RW and Striker are more important to bring in this summer.

I actually agree.

However, I'd like the option of a traditional number 6. Even if its for specific games or moments.

How that would work in terms of ins and outs, I'm not sure.

I suspect Howe might be grooming Miley for that eventual role but that's just a guess.

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Gillespie, Karius, Dubravka, Dummett, Lascelles, Ritchie, Hayden, Hendrick, Miggy and Wilson out.

GK, CB, RW and ST in.

We thinking something like that?

If Karius and Gillespie were happy to stay I'd just bump them up to 2nd/3rd choice, let Dubravka go and make an U21 keeper 4th choice.

14 minutes ago, joeyt said:

We'd need a better backup keeper than Karius and Gillespie for Pope

Dub is barely any better than Karius imo. How many teams have good back up keepers in the PL? Outside of City/Liverpool/Arsenal I can't think of any others.

There has to be a young goalkeeper with real potential knocking around Europe. Won't even cost alot either, if we do the job right.

If we get into Europa/conference we can offer them plenty of games.

Dubravka burned his bridges with his Man Utd stuff, IMO. Time to move on.

5 minutes ago, Beth said:

Dub is barely any better than Karius imo. How many teams have good back up keepers in the PL? Outside of City/Liverpool/Arsenal I can't think of any others.

We don't know how good Karius is though, the last we can judge him on was a pretty useless time at Liverpool and Gillespie is hopeless. At least Dubravka is an average enough Prem keeper

There was talk that we needed to upgrade on Pope this summer anyway

4 minutes ago, STM said:

There has to be a young goalkeeper with real potential knocking around Europe. Won't even cost alot either, if we do the job right.

If we get into Europa/conference we can offer them plenty of games.

Dubravka burned his bridges with his Man Utd stuff, IMO. Time to move on.

It's the keeper at Valencia that everyone wants I think

8 minutes ago, Beth said:

West Ham, Palace, Chelsea, Man Utd, Brighton off the top of my head in addition to the ones you mentioned all have decent back up keepers or ones that they are trying to produce for the future

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Tonali can replace Joelinton’s physical presence? Not sure I saw any evidence of that even though I rate Tonali and think he will be great for us 

I thought he looked like he had a good engine and likes putting his foot in, not identical to Joelinton in style but certainly a presence. At home to Liverpool he was everywhere and thought it went tits up when he went off to be honest.

I'd be looking for atleast 70 million for big jo like. There's not many like him about his power pace aggression physicality and even his eye for goal. Plus his commitment to the team billing can't replace that. 

6 minutes ago, andycap said:

I'd be looking for atleast 70 million for big jo like. There's not many like him about his power pace aggression physicality and even his eye for goal. Plus his commitment to the team billing can't replace that. 

28 in the summer and about to enter the last year of his contract, no chance. We'd get about what we paid for him (and who would have thought that two years ago!)

Joelinton is brilliant for our system but I don't think he'd be anywhere near as effective in most other sides. No team who can afford to spend £70m on a midfielder is spending it on him. 

His value to us is worth more than we'd get for him, unfortunately with FFP and his contract situation we'd be daft to not consider any offers we get for him. From a fans perspective I'd hate to see him go though. 

I’m just glad Eddie doesn’t see it the same way. :lol: 

More important would be a creative CM in a #10 ilk to feed Isak and the wide forwards and chip in with 8-10 goals. 

Edited by cubaricho

I'd be happy to go with Karius as understudy.

Though that's not factoring in another long term Pope injury and more a cup competition alternate.

If the club can unearth a moderately priced find that would be fine too - am just a bit stingy with the ffp roadblock

Edited by Jonas

Jo is a Brazilian international player now and he's better than casemiro nowadays. Lucky to get 40 million is bollocks. I think he worth about 60 million in today's market. 

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

Jo is a Brazilian international player now and he's better than casemiro nowadays. Lucky to get 40 million is bollocks. I think he worth about 60 million in today's market. 

Are you the same poster who said Almiron was worth £35-40m?