NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

9 hours ago, Pablo123 said:

Pretty sure he's a Geordie, too.

He is. Feels like a lazy link because of it. 

Fair few Ipswich fans round here and they all seem to say he’s quality when I ask about him. Stood out on the few times I’ve watched them. Cracking delivery. 

50 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

https://www.90min.com/posts/ineos-surprised-man-utd-didnt-consider-signing-tino-livramento

Feels like Ratcliffe and INEOS are going to go a long way to making me remember why I used to hate Man United more than Liverpool.

Someone should have told Ratface that the whole club was available for £350m a few years ago, much cheaper and easier than moving us brick by brick to Old Trafford (via Beamish of course)

Tensions are high here that he can't keep fit for more than 5 mins. Seems his lifestyle is more important than him seeing out his career. 

Fingers crossed someone is daft enough to offer money for him in the summer. 

I’m excited by the prospect of a proper squad rebuild in the summer. As great as Wilson has been when he’s fully fit, I can’t think of many players less suited in terms of durability to Howe’s approach to training and pressing in matches.

Who is highly likely to go in the summer?

Wilson

Dummett

Lascelles?

Miggy

Ritchie?

As a minimum?

In my opinion, it's really difficult to justify keeping him. We have had a season where we have bemoaned injuries (and rightly so), but his injury record is pretty grim. Yes he scores goals for us, but there have also been times this season when he has played, and he has offered very little. If a bid from Saudi Arabia came in, I'd be likely to accept it.

Just now, gbandit said:

I’m excited by the prospect of a proper squad rebuild in the summer. As great as Wilson has been when he’s fully fit, I can’t think of many players less suited in terms of durability to Howe’s approach to training and pressing in matches.

Who is highly likely to go in the summer?

Wilson

Dummett

Lascelles?

Miggy

Ritchie?

As a minimum?

I feel like this season may have forced us into a bigger rebuild than we may have originally planned. Another positive to come from our struggles imo because we need it.

"The forward's pectoral injury is understood to keep him out at least nine weeks, although it is believed there will be a lack of effort from the players side to speed this up"

[emoji38][emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

"The forward's pectoral injury is understood to keep him out at least nine weeks, although it is believed there will be a lack of effort from the players side to speed this up"

[emoji38][emoji38]

That right there confirms that this is complete BS. That’s just not in Callum’s makeup. 

12 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

How do you not speed up the recovery? Tell the physio to fuck off and still hit the pec machine? :D 

if he don’t do hjs rehab properly outside of the time at the club, it would slow down the recovery time? Like don’t rest and ice; don’t elevate, don’t do the exercises they give him etc. 

There’s absolutely no chance Wilson doesn’t want to come back from injury as soon as possible.

there's nothing to suggest he’s anything other than a top pro. especially as he’s close to being our second highest goal scorer of the premier league era. I’m pretty sure that’s a stat he’d love to have.

On 22/02/2024 at 21:04, Tiresias said:

Saka is really extremely good, should be starting. Foden is very good but not as consistent. 

Think Foden is more talented than Saka and I would be a bit terrified as an Arsenal fan about how much Saka has already played in his short career. Can see Foden ending up with a better and longer career. 

Edited by Pata

2 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Been a big fan of Wilson. Big player for this club and everything, but im fed up with the injuries. Sick of it.

I’d get Jonathan David to replace him 

13 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

There’s absolutely no chance Wilson doesn’t want to come back from injury as soon as possible.

there's nothing to suggest he’s anything other than a top pro. especially as he’s close to being our second highest goal scorer of the premier league era. I’m pretty sure that’s a stat he’d love to have.

Aye, he will want to be playing and scoring to get to the Euros as well. 

Big decision with him in the summer. But I cannot see anyone else buying him with his injury record and age now. He will get plenty of games next season if he stays and is fit. If only because Isak will be injured as well. :lol: Ideally he comes back and gets a few goals to get us into a European competition. 

There will absolutely be buyers for him, I would say he's worth the risk even for £10-15m for a club that's potentially fighting against relegation.

And his wage level isn't too high for Spanish and Italian clubs either and they generally value experience and older players more than clubs in England IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if clubs like Inter, Milan, Lazio or Roma were interested in him next summer.

Edited by Pata