NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

18 minutes ago, TRC said:

If we do get Ederson, then how do we look next season? Doesn't seem to fit the profile we need?

The 6 we’ve been crying out for.

edit: I thought you were TBG talking about the City keeper. :lol: 

Edited by Deuce

Just now, Deuce said:

The 6 we’ve been crying out for.

He's more of a box to box CM i think. Not your typical deep laying DM.

For me personally, it isn't that Longstaff can't do a job for us as 5th or 6th in line. It is that, if you can sell Longstaff for say £20m, you can then technically sign two £50m players on five year contracts for the same outlay for FFP for this season. Obviously it is more complicated than that with wages, agent fees, signing on fees and having to ensure you don't breach the rules going forward, but it would definitely give us so much more freedom to make some big signings. 

The main problem would be finding a suitable buyer for that price!

6 minutes ago, Ikon said:

He's more of a box to box CM i think. Not your typical deep laying DM.

Plays on the right of a 3 - but can also play 6

Doesn’t go missing in games 

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

We still might have homegrown rules to obey if we qualify for Europe. We've got Dummett (who seems to be on his way out), Longstaff & Anderson and I think that's it? 

We really need to bring Forster or Krul home.

10 minutes ago, Vaj said:

For me personally, it isn't that Longstaff can't do a job for us as 5th or 6th in line. It is that, if you can sell Longstaff for say £20m, you can then technically sign two £50m players on five year contracts for the same outlay for FFP for this season. Obviously it is more complicated than that with wages, agent fees, signing on fees and having to ensure you don't breach the rules going forward, but it would definitely give us so much more freedom to make some big signings. 

If we could get anything over £15M I'd take it. 

Using your criteria @Yorkie I'd go with this. 

Critical

Fresh competition for Isak - Could Minteh become that? I'm not totally sure where he plays in terms of position and I admit that I have not watched him once. No idea about names outside of that personally.

An upgrade at RW - This is critical for me. Almirón and Murphy aren't good enough and don't get into any other sides' first XIs in the top half. On top of that, Murphy was the last recognised RW we signed. 7 years ago. Almirón arrived as a #10.

I think we'll have to look abroad for this due to the inflated fees that get quoted from PL clubs. Nico Williams is one I'd like to see us go for, Kubo is a good shout as well (Kubo would also bring extra marketing potential out in Japan, as seen with Mitoma at Brighton). Those 2 are the only names I can think of that would be massive upgrades, would like to see us get and I think would be attainable.

The Rafa Leao shout earlier; he's an outstanding player but I can't see us going for him or getting him even if we did. The guy is a widely renowned player across the continent, mainly plays on the left when we already have a few players that can play out there, don't think he would fit into our pressing style and would cost an absolute fortune. £80m+ at least in transfer fee and he'd want wages that'd make him our highest paid player off the bat. Would like to see it, like. :lol: But don't see it happening and fully understand why.

Desirable

Cover for Schar and Botman - Can't see us signing more than 3 players from abroad in the summer so tried to think of a PL one for this. Lloyd Kelly's name gets linked a lot, don't know a thing about him, so would trust in the club if he was to be the CB that gets brought in. We need another Botman essentially or someone that potentially could become another Botman due to Schär's age. Think we also lack pace in defence, if Kelly can bring that then great.

Cover for Bruno - Think we need cover for Joelinton in the summer more than Bruno imo. Is Tonali not more similar in terms of role and playstyle to Bruno than any of our other midfielders? Without Joelinton we lack physicality in midfield and is a big reason why we've been getting walked through in the middle of the park for almost 3 months. Is this Ederson from Atalanta the perfect one to bring in in that case? I don't watch Serie A so again don't know too much about him. 

If possible

New left-back - Thought Hall was going to be this but he may well be just not rated by Howe. Do like that Kerkez at Bournemouth if we are to continue the press alleged Bournemouth obsession. Unsure if he'd leave so soon after signing for Bournemouth though. 

More tactically-suited cover for Pope - Given our struggles without Pope this season, he can kick the ball into touch as much as he wants for me now. :lol: I think goalkeepers are an issue that no PL clubs outside of Liverpool, Man City and maybe Spurs have got nailed and when Liverpool and Man City signed their respective keepers, they were both at the time the most expensive GKs of all time. Committing that much to a GK when we have other more pressing issues in the squad isn't something I'd like to see us do. When we have the outfield nailed maybe. In terms of names, Mamardashvili from Valencia could be a shout but it's not something I can see us going for in the summer.

There's probably a good four or five first team players that should become our bench players, and we should replace at least three with real quality, doing that wouldn't be easy, and you'd have to steer clear of players that will cause ffp issues wages/transfer fees etc.

Be nice if we go down the Botman/Bruno route, they're both top players and didn't cost a fortune. 

59 minutes ago, Vaj said:

It's not just more complicated than that. It's not remotely true that a £20m sale affords two £50m players.

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Think we just need 2 or 3 players at the right level.

RW, LB, CB.

Add a CM and i totally agree. Not sure what/how we can afford though. Need one or two of them be absolute steals for the price. 

Edited by Ikon

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

CM is 1 in 1 out for me.

The season is dramatically different with Tonali.

I agree. I would sell one, not sure who though. We need better quality in CM. Don’t have much quality for rotation. 

Edited by Ikon

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I agree. I would sell one, not sure who though. We need better quality in CM. Don’t have much quality for rotation. 

Yeh I would sell Longstaff if there's £15m on the table. If we have a Confrence League campaign, I'm happy with Longstaff as 5th choice and sliding down. And I don't know who would spend £15m on him.

Just rifling off names based off whatever...probably not domestic enough, probably not realistic, and probably too expensive. 

Positions (Sales generate 45-60m)

ST (Sell Wilson (12-15m))

RW (Sell Miggy (12-20m))

CM (Sell Longstaff (12-15m))

CB (Sell Lascelles (5-6m) :()

LB (Sell Targett (5-6m)) 

Sounds like Dummett, Ritchie and Hayden will also be off? 

Names

ST Benjamin Sesko (Red Bull)

RW Nico Williams (Athletic Club) 

CM Javi Guerra (Valencia) 

CB Ousmane Diomande (Sporting Lisbon)

LB Milos Kerkez (Bournemouth)

Edited by Kanji

I would like three first teamers:

Right wing: Nico williams/Chiesa/Raphina

Nº9/10: bit more creative, can play both number 9 or 10 (wing) e.g. Lautaro Martinez

Left back: Robinson (Fulham)/ Di Marco

And back up:

Centre Back (right)

Get rid of:

Dummet/Ritchie/Targett

1 hour ago, timeEd32 said:

It's not just more complicated than that. It's not remotely true that a £20m sale affords two £50m players.

I think he's working on the basis that £100m over 5 year contracts costs £20m in year one. Agree with you, though.