NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, SteV said:

Unfortunately there is. All the independent wage sites report him to be on that, and whilst they are not conclusive proof, they are usually fairly accurate.

You also have to consider that he’s had two PL club to PL club moves, both times for a fee somewhere in the region of £10m - £15m. No doubt he will have clicked a wage increase each time.

I just can’t get my head round it. That would put him as one of our top earners, no? We dilly dallied for a fair while in making him permanent. At Villa, do we know what he was on?

8 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I think if Isak definitely needed surgery you’d imagine it would happen around now tho the Botman situation makes you wonder about issues like that.

Fwiw I was chatting to my local journo mate and he was chatting to one of the Arsenal correspondents (Athletic maybe?) who was pretty convinced Arsenal are going to come sniffing around for Isak in the summer.

I've heard the same rumours, will be interesting to see what happens in the summer.

9 minutes ago, SteV said:

Unfortunately there is. All the independent wage sites report him to be on that, and whilst they are not conclusive proof, they are usually fairly accurate.

You also have to consider that he’s had two PL club to PL club moves, both times for a fee somewhere in the region of £10m - £15m. No doubt he will have clicked a wage increase each time.

Conjecture but I suppose there’s a reason Villa were actively pushing for him to leave on loan to bring in Digne, despite being one of their better players the year before. 

Could also explain why we took a while looking at alternatives to him in the following summer despite looking really good for us and having a cheap option on him.

10 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

How would you know if they are fairly accurate if the wage is never reported by the club?

You’re never really going to know for sure, but the main sites generally have overall figures that are similar to what clubs report in accounts.

The likes of Capology are a serious company, and whilst they’re US-based where sports people’s salaries are public, it’s still worth taking what they report seriously, even if you can’t just assume it’s 100% accurate.

17 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I just can’t get my head round it. That would put him as one of our top earners, no? We dilly dallied for a fair while in making him permanent. At Villa, do we know what he was on?

Yep, looks to be only Bruno, Isak and Trippier ahead of him at present.

Seems, like he was on around £35k at Villa, so if it is right, that’s a massive jump.

But as I say, getting a PL to PL move is generally where the money is at.

That clearly bargain to be had across the back line. I mean look at the left back Porto (Wendell), he cost them £4m and is an international player. I’d still be tempted to sign him even though he’s 31 in July as it means we have Lewis Hall ready once he gives us a few good years.

It’s also another reason why you just can’t rule out players like Kelly and Tosin as free transfers, it’s rare you get good quality players from our league for such a small outlay

5 hours ago, TRon said:

I've heard the same rumours, will be interesting to see what happens in the summer.

100m + would go a long long way if we can get someone from the continent for half the price.

8 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

100m + would go a long long way if we can get someone from the continent for half the price.

Assuming there’s a fair chance Bruno might go, seems a big risk to shift two major players on and strikers are hard to find. I feel we haven’t seen the best of Isak yet too potential wise. The worry would be if Arsenal come in for him will his head be turned? I’m not saying he’d force a move but you could see why he’d be keen. 

4 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We shouldn’t be listening to any offers for Bruno or Isak. We’re looking at another mid-table season if we sell them both. 

As stated in the Isak thread, same applies for Bruno - the entire world of football can cleanly fuck off with any offer for Bruno.

5 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We shouldn’t be listening to any offers for Bruno or Isak. We’re looking at another mid-table season if we sell them both. 

Well we've had a mid-table season with them, so is it just possible we could be over-rating them just a touch. Yes Isak has missed big chunks, but Brunos been pretty consistently available, just hasn't had the same impact this year as last. Not his fault admittedly due to what's been around him, but true greats drag others up to their level

17 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

I know there's a chunk of fans who think Isak doesn't do enough, but he does score goals. I wonder how satisfied those fans would be with a target man who held the ball up really well but scored 5 goals a season?

As far as I am concerned we don't have a release clause for Isak. You want him? Offer better be as close to a record for a striker in world football as it gets. 

Edited by Kanji

47 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Well we've had a mid-table season with them, so is it just possible we could be over-rating them just a touch. Yes Isak has missed big chunks, but Brunos been pretty consistently available, just hasn't had the same impact this year as last. Not his fault admittedly due to what's been around him, but true greats drag others up to their level

Can’t agree with that at all. They’re both clearly top quality players and by far and away the most talented in the team. Two players can’t carry a side alone and you need different skills to complement them and get the best out of their talent. I’m pretty sure Haaland wouldn’t get anywhere near the amount of goals he does if he played for us and De Byrune just wouldn’t look as good. 

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

Howay man [emoji38] He's been playing in midfield with a 17 year old and a knackered Longstaff. It's not a reflection of his quality who he's had to play with. 

:lol: I don't think I can disagree with that observation any more.

Bruno has largely carried the team all season. We'd be beyond fucked if he'd been injured, too.

7 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

£100+ for either of them imo (for Isak it would be to even get round the table for a discussion).

Basically if we sell one I’d be wanting to bring in three players in the £60m bracket with the proceeds.

Edited by NSG

2 hours ago, gjohnson said:

Not sure if serious but we’ve had a massive injury crisis. 

9 minutes ago, NSG said:

£100+ for either of them imo (for Isak it would be to even get round the table for a discussion).

Basically if we sell one I’d be wanting to bring in three players in the £60m bracket with the proceeds.

I wonder what that would get you? £60m is the sort of figure which buys promise, not the proven article. Could unearth another diamond, or just as easily buy a player who can't acclimatise to the Premier. If we are talking British talent then you'd struggle to buy a top midfielder or striker who you could guarantee would perform to the levels of a Bruno or an Isak.

2 hours ago, TRon said:

I know there's a chunk of fans who think Isak doesn't do enough, but he does score goals. I wonder how satisfied those fans would be with a target man who held the ball up really well but scored 5 goals a season?

We sold him to Forest.

Rather take a points deduction than sell Bruno or Isak or Gordon or Tino

everybody else is fair game

Edited by Jack27

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

I’d add Jow to that mix as well. Would absolutely hate him to leave. Hopefully we’re talking about Tonali like this in a year’s time too

Wouldn’t want to sell Joelinton but if we HAD TO I could understand it eventually. 

forgot about Tonali, add him to my list until he gets his ban lengthened 

Edited by Jack27