NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Personally I think our 1st priority should be a top quality CB and CM and RW in no particular order. Strengthen the 1st eleven to begin with. On top of that we should be looking at getting in a freebie like Tosin and a striker to replace Wilson that is more reliable. Some would say that we have enough in midfield. Yes we have the numbers but not the quality and technical ability, never mind in depth as we use 3 midfielders. Not sure who I’d be looking to move on but the lack of quality there needs to be fixed. I know it sounds obvious, but a quality CM would help us to control games much better and often that’s where games are won. We have an ice cold striker (hot) in Isak and if we can sort out our defending and become solid again then it’s looking very good. Defensively I think we can improve massively with just some pace in one of the CB and midfield. If we buy well a CB doesn’t have to cost a fortune as the unit is more important than the individual. Think there are cheaper options out there than Cb’s with massive reputations that cost more than they are worth because of the hype around them. Finding a quality striker even close to Isak is much much harder and expensive and not always a guaranteed buy even when super expensive. Whatever players we go for they have to have amazing technical ability. Especially in midfield and attack. Get this right and it should be looking very very good going forward. Balance is key. I would like a 1st class GK but I reckon that will have to wait. I don’t want players like Onana who will only improve us out of possession. Feels like a sideway step and a waste of money. 

Edited by Ikon

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Personally I think our 1st priority should be a top quality CB and CM and RW in no particular order. Strengthen the 1st eleven to begin with. On top of that we should be looking at getting in a freebie like Tosin and a striker to replace Wilson that is more reliable. Some would say that we have enough in midfield. Yes we have the numbers but not the quality and technical ability, never mind in depth as we use 3 midfielders. Not sure who I’d be looking to move on but the lack of quality there needs to be fixed. I know it sounds obvious, but a quality CM would help us to control games much better and often that’s where games are won. We have an ice cold striker (hot) in Isak and if we can sort out our defending and become solid again then it’s looking very good. Defensively I think we can improve massively with just some pace in one of the CB and midfield. If we buy well a CB doesn’t have to cost a fortune as the unit is more important than the individual. Think there are cheaper options out there than Cb’s with massive reputations that cost more than they are worth because of the hype around them. Finding a quality striker even close to Isak is much much harder and expensive and not always a guaranteed buy even when super expensive. Whatever players we go for they have to have amazing technical ability. Especially in midfield and attack. Get this right and it should be looking very very good going forward. Balance is key. I would like a 1st class GK but I reckon that will have to wait. I don’t want players like Onana who will only improve us out of possession. Feels like a sideway step and a waste of money. 

If I offered you Scalvini, Y Fofana and Gibbs White, partly funded by sales of Longstaff, Miggy and Wilson, would you take it?

6 minutes ago, Mikky said:

If I offered you Scalvini, Y Fofana and Gibbs White, partly funded by sales of Longstaff, Miggy and Wilson, would you take it?

Maybe not my absolute top choices but I wouldn’t be complaining, good signings. I’m not even sure what my choices would be like. Scalvini sounds good from what I’ve read but I haven’t seen that much of him tbh. Think I’d like more technical ability than what Fofana has. MGW is good but I wonder if we could find better value for money from abroad. 

Edited by Ikon

8 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Maybe not my absolute top choices but I wouldn’t be complaining, good signings. I’m not even sure what my choices would be like. Scalvini sounds good from what I’ve read but I haven’t seen that much of him tbh. Think I’d like more technical ability than what Fofana has. MGW is good but I wonder if we could find better value for money from abroad. 

I think Fofana is technically excellent from what I have seen of him - really good passer of the ball, complemented by his physical stature he offers - I can see us going for him if Paul Mitchell comes 

MGW - I think he’s excellent, tactically so flexible in terms of positional play - as an all round winger there’s the likes of Kubo, Nico Williams, Cherki, Zhegrova

Kubo for me, if the deal was right then MGW

13 minutes ago, Mikky said:

I think Fofana is technically excellent from what I have seen of him - really good passer of the ball, complemented by his physical stature he offers - I can see us going for him if Paul Mitchell comes 

MGW - I think he’s excellent, tactically so flexible in terms of positional play - as an all round winger there’s the likes of Kubo, Nico Williams, Cherki, Zhegrova

Kubo for me, if the deal was right then MGW

Kubo would be exciting and taps into the Japanese market, which should appeal massively to club and adidas.

MGW has been brilliant for Forest. They're pretty much a one man team. Grafts his bollocks off and never goes hiding.

Think he'd be excellent here.

19 minutes ago, toon25 said:

MGW has been brilliant for Forest. They're pretty much a one man team. Grafts his bollocks off and never goes hiding.

Agree he’d be an excellent player for us. Only concern is the amount of outlay on a single player when the entire squad seems to need strengthening.

4 hours ago, toon25 said:

Him and Gordon play brilliantly together for the U21s

4 hours ago, toon25 said:

Such a shame there's players out there who we could bring here, but are restricted by Financial Unfair Play rules. We have a half decent squad, just needs a few key additions, and a few players moved on, and we'd be a CL regular club no problem.

I think shopping list for summer after sales of

Miggy 

Longstaff

Lewis

Hayden

Fraser 

Ritchie - released to free up 50k a week.

Dubs 

Larius

Wilson

To bring in

Kelly on a free

Scalvini or inacio 

David or Sesko

Muric as back up to Pope 

RW either Kubo, Chiesa or Olise

MGW, Cherki or Eze

Those changes will make us so much stronger

4 hours ago, Funtime Frankie said:

I think shopping list for summer after sales of

Miggy 

Longstaff

Lewis

Hayden

Fraser 

Ritchie - released to free up 50k a week.

Dubs 

Larius

Wilson

To bring in

Kelly on a free

Scalvini or inacio 

David or Sesko

Muric as back up to Pope 

RW either Kubo, Chiesa or Olise

MGW, Cherki or Eze

Those changes will make us so much stronger

the problem is you've got to find buyers for that first list who are also prepared to pay them something near the daft wages they are on here.

unless they're free agents me may struggle to shift them.

Edited by huss9

3 minutes ago, huss9 said:

the problem is you've got to find buyers for that first list who are also prepared to pay them something near the daft wages they are on here.

unless they're free agents me may struggle to shift them.

That's true, the legacy of the Ashley years, bang average players on high wages

Looking at Chelsea's first squad players out on loan and its almost criminal that the likes of Luton, Sheffield etc have to scrape a squad together whilst the big clubs can allow such talent to go out on loan.

If there was a rule change I would say 5 over 21s out on loan at anyone time.

Screenshot_20240331-211743.png

Edited by RobsonsWonderland

Just now, RobsonsWonderland said:

Looking at Chelsea's first squad players out on loan and its almost criminal that the likes of Luton, Sheffield etc have to scrape a squad together whilst the big clubs can allow such talent to go out on loan.

If there was a rule change I would say 5 over 23s out on loan at anyone time.

Screenshot_20240331-211743.png

i think a new loan rule is coming that is similar to what you mentioned, 6 players maybe?

Newcastle will speed up their search for a centre-back this summer and offer 32-year-old English defender Paul Dummett a new contract after captain Jamaal Lascelles was ruled out for up to nine months with a knee injury. (Newcastle Chronicle)

Not an April Fool on the Dummett part sadly.

11 minutes ago, gbandit said:

At least with Dummett he’s a player with an injury-free track record. Can’t see him having any issues if needed to be called upon

That’s great. He can barely move now but at least he’s always ready to play.