NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

23 minutes ago, madras said:

Replacement on the teamsheet, not on the pitch (role) is my guess.

Tonali is closer in role to Longstaff than Bruno.

Bruno's book value is less than £10m and he earns around £7.5m per year.

It's a lot of wriggle room.

But fuck that. We need 1 more year.

5 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Tonali is closer in role to Longstaff than Bruno.

Bruno's book value is less than £10m and he earns around £7.5m per year.

It's a lot of wriggle room.

But fuck that. We need 1 more year.

But Longstaff sticks rigidly to the right of centre. Tonali's a waste if we want him to do that. His best football internationally and when winning the title in Italy was very much central.

And for what it's worth Bruno played in a similar system, successfully, in Lyon.

Edited by madras

1 minute ago, madras said:

But Longstaff sticks rigidly to the right of centre. Tonali's a waste if we want him to do that. His best football internationally and when winning the title in Italy was very much central.

Tonali doesn't have Bruno's distribution but he's more athletic.

Edited by The College Dropout

Tonali definitely couldn’t replace Bruno in our current system. Maybe we could be functional with Tonali instead of Bruno but it would have to be a different system

Tonali is an extremely good crosser of the ball, not sure what his slide rule pass quality is like as Bruno is extremely good at those and by far the best in our squad 

18 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

Tonali definitely couldn’t replace Bruno in our current system. Maybe we could be functional with Tonali instead of Bruno but it would have to be a different system

A system they've both excelled in before at their previous clubs.

15 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Tonali is an extremely good crosser of the ball, not sure what his slide rule pass quality is like as Bruno is extremely good at those and by far the best in our squad 

I have watched enough Tonali highlights to know every aspect of passing is elite

46 minutes ago, madras said:

A system they've both excelled in before at their previous clubs.

I mean more the amount of responsibility that is placed on Bruno in our system. Tonali couldn’t just slot in and do what Bruno does for us. I don’t think that’s a controversial take either and it’s not a slant on Tonali

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Kelly linked again

Even the staff are getting injured, the sooner this cursed season finishes the better.

15 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Speaking of. Do we know when Pope's due back? Wasn't it meant to be March? Sorry this has probably been asked a million times  

Asked directly in today's presser said end of April but like trippier won't be rushed back so could be longer or shorter or on time..

19 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

Speaking of. Do we know when Pope's due back? Wasn't it meant to be March? Sorry this has probably been asked a million times  

Have tried to keep this up to date based on Howe's updates in pressers: 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Have tried to keep this up to date based on Howe's updates in pressers: 

Should probably read that thread now and then  :lol: cheers Yorkie

50 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

I mean more the amount of responsibility that is placed on Bruno in our system. Tonali couldn’t just slot in and do what Bruno does for us. I don’t think that’s a controversial take either and it’s not a slant on Tonali

Aye I misread your post, I meant them playing in tandem is something thing theyve both done to very good effects elsewhere.

16 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Kelly would be a good signing on a free.

We really need to get some outgoings sorted this summer for some of our fringe players like Targett.

Dummie, Dubs,Ritchie, Longstaff, Loanies too Hayden, Fraser, Hendrick, Lewis! 

Edited by PauloGeordio

41 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

We really need to get some outgoings sorted this summer for some of our fringe players like Targett.

It’s really imperative we do this - none of the like of Dummett hanging about

Added to this, be ruthless with the likes of Longstaff, Miggy and Wilson  

Not sure why but got the feeling from Eddie’s press conference today that we can spend in the summer. Now whether that’s because we’ll make a big sale or not, just didn’t find him as dismissive as usual. Could just be me mind. 

Kelly seems like a no brainer now, even Adarabioyo would be decent on a free. I'd actually be content taking both of them to cover Botman and replace Lascelles/Burn in the longer term as squad players.

If having both of those in for nothing meant we could get a better quality of RW/CM or ST in then I'd be happy with that.

1 hour ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

If he's on the reported £100k a week he's going nowhere.

Edited by Beth