NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

21 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Last year, come back hasn't been explosive and Brentford aren't doing very well at all. 

Minus the sale of Wilson (or swap) and remove that & clause we apparently still have (not sure how true) but that could be £30m for us, and a really good competition for Isak.

But we sold him to Peterborough who then sold him to Brentford? So I don’t get where the clause is?

1 minute ago, Mikky said:

But we sold him to Peterborough who then sold him to Brentford? So I don’t get where the clause is?

Well that's the normal process, unless Peterborough did something weird and sold their own sell-on clause to us so they got the entire amount at the time. 

£8m he went for. We were to get 25% and £2m, or nothing then and they got the full amount thinking that's a good deal and miles away from making £2m more on a resale. A gamble we could afford, the instant cash would mean more to them. 

Just guessing like. Only way I could see that happening. 

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Well that's the normal process, unless Peterborough did something weird and sold their own sell-on clause to us so they got the entire amount at the time. 

£8m he went for. We were to get 25% and £2m, or nothing then and they got the full amount thinking that's a good deal and miles away from making £2m more on a resale. A gamble we could afford, the instant cash would mean more to them. 

Yeah that’s the only possible scenario - well here’s hoping that’s true!

8 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Nah, the Peterborough chairman pretty much rubbished the sell on clause claim.

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

Nah, the Peterborough chairman pretty much rubbished the sell on clause claim.

Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony has opened up on the fee and the sell-on clauses which delivered Ivan Toney to London Road from Newcastle United in August, 2018.

“Newcastle didn’t want to sell Ivan Toney to us, they wanted him to move on loan,” MacAnthony said. “But we don’t loan strikers so we invited Newcastle to share in Ivan’s future success with a sell-on fee.

"They agreed and they wanted 50% of any future transfer profit. That was never going to happen as we were paying a fee for Ivan as well, so we settled on 30%. We paid Newcastle a transfer fee of £350k spread over three years.

"We have received £10 million so far from Brentford and we will receive X amount – I’m not allowed to say the number – of any future profit and Newcastle will receive 30% of what we get from us. We earn money every time Ivan moves and so do Newcastle. That’s how these deals are structured and I’m all for it. It’s like a chain reaction and it’s the best thing.

11 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony has opened up on the fee and the sell-on clauses which delivered Ivan Toney to London Road from Newcastle United in August, 2018.

“Newcastle didn’t want to sell Ivan Toney to us, they wanted him to move on loan,” MacAnthony said. “But we don’t loan strikers so we invited Newcastle to share in Ivan’s future success with a sell-on fee.

"They agreed and they wanted 50% of any future transfer profit. That was never going to happen as we were paying a fee for Ivan as well, so we settled on 30%. We paid Newcastle a transfer fee of £350k spread over three years.

"We have received £10 million so far from Brentford and we will receive X amount – I’m not allowed to say the number – of any future profit and Newcastle will receive 30% of what we get from us. We earn money every time Ivan moves and so do Newcastle. That’s how these deals are structured and I’m all for it. It’s like a chain reaction and it’s the best thing.

https://x.com/dmac102/status/1742310204593897791?s=46&t=OQLMckSuatbpqWF13Al4mQ

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

So at some point he's a liar. Mint. 

Well, I suppose that quote you put up could be true, and we do have some kind of portion of their sell-on clause, but it’s sounds like any sell-on they do have is fairly small, and therefore ours even smaller, so probably makes it insignificant.

5 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Toney available for £50M. Would expect he's off to Arsenal/Spurs/Man Utd but that does seem cheap considering that's less than what Bournemouth want for Solanke (apparently).

FFP effect?

His contract ends 2025, so not like Brentford can hold out too much as he’s not signing a new deal. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if he moves closer to £40m with add-ons later in window. Because Toney will be agitating for a move.

Edited by Sibierski

Given what we've seen today with Gordon on the right....

Do we need a RW? 

Just wondering what people think going forward. Even if Barnes is injured, Anderson or Joelinton could play out on the left.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Do we need a RW? 

Just wondering what people think going forward. Even if Barnes is injured, Anderson or Joelinton could play out on the left.

Feel we're losing 10% of Gordon out on the right, but he may get that back after a few games getting used to it. 

With Minteh coming in, we may be OK for wide men, especially if we don't shift Almiron.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Do we need a RW? 

Hard to say, against teams which aren’t totally mental he won’t get half as much space as he was afforded against Kamikaze ange. 

8 minutes ago, STM said:

Do we need a RW? 

Not the level of priority it was previously I don't think.

Can just bring Minteh back as an extra option on that side, as he is looking fantastic.

Add a young striker that can also cover on the wings and we're good.

14 minutes ago, STM said:

Do we need a RW? 

We need a winger for sure - have to look to continuously improve - you want to be in a position if you lose or bring on a player, they are of a similar level 

12 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Hybrid right sided forward who can cover Isak would be ideal, the lad from Sporting would have been great.

Yep but there will always be players out there 

My preference is MGW (CM/RW) - you could take a punt on a Morgan Whitaker but that’s risky - if we can, Sesko.

Totally agree on MGW. He's got everything and he's super versatile.

I definitely feel that versatility is the order of the day in the summer again.... provided they have the quality of course.

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Totally agree on MGW. He's got everything and he's super versatile.

I definitely feel that versatility is the order of the day in the summer again.... provided they have the quality of course.

Can’t have too many players with consistent end product. 

Edited by Ikon

I’d have MGW in a heartbeat, high energy, consistent and able to finish. Could easily slot into our midfield in my view for either Willock or Longstaff. 

Just now, PCW1983 said:

I’d have MGW in a heartbeat, high energy, consistent and able to finish. Could easily slot into our midfield in my view for either Willock or Longstaff. 

Agreed.

I'd like to see Luton stay up at Forrests expense and we can pinch Gibbs-White for a bit less.

35 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Yep but there will always be players out there 

My preference is MGW (CM/RW) - you could take a punt on a Morgan Whitaker but that’s risky - if we can, Sesko.

What price is being quoted for Whitaker? He's had a heck of a season. I like the look of him.

Easy to forget MGW's breakthrough came in the Championship and the next season he stayed at Forest in the Prem and has been great ever since.