NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

That's true - I would be happy just getting Sesko and keeping Wilson. He still scores goals and imagine his toughness and chasing when we're seeking a goal in a tight game. He has that nous. Better value than getting Guirahassy or a third option. 

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Seems okay, though I've seen him fluff some decent chances, so I know what you mean.

He's similar to Isak in that he is really comfortable on the ball and quick for his height, and so can drop and get on the ball and run at defenders and create chances. It's my favourite part of his game.

Yes I agree I saw that straight away with his outside the box work. Just thought his decision making in the box wasn’t the best. Need to see more of him obviously.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Why?

Two out and out strikers is more than adequate for a team that plays one up top.

Not if we're in europe and one of them is Callum Wilson. I'm sure we can afford to take a £10m punt this summer on a young striker from europe who'd be happy to be 3rd choice.

1 minute ago, Beth said:

Not if we're in europe and one of them is Callum Wilson. I'm sure we can afford to take a £10m punt this summer on a young striker from europe who'd be happy to be 3rd choice.

The whole discussion is about selling Wilson. If we flog him, which seems inevitable at this point, Gordon is adequate third choice.

Anyone seen/know much about Luciano Rodríguez? 20 years old can play across the front and is supposedly highly rated. Would cost about 10-15m. Might not be ready for the PL. 

3 minutes ago, Beth said:

:lol: I hope you aren't our next director of football.

I've seen nothing from our club that suggests we take "punts" or do anything other than invest in quality young players.

Still think people are way too optimistic that we'll somehow magically be able to attract any interest in Wilson that Wilson also would be interested in. Nobody will be willing to offer anything meaningful to us, and nobody would risk committing to the wages he'd want. He's too old and too injury prone. If we're desperate and want to push him out, we might be able to find someone willing to pay his wages if we let him go for free imo.

39 minutes ago, TRon said:

I think a lot of fans views have been skewed by this season's terrible injury list compounded by Tonali's ban. With a lot of these players back next season our squad doesn't look half bad at all, we might just need cover in a few areas and some cherries on top in a couple of others.

I agree. We’ve literally lost Tonali for 3/4 of the season and Barnes for 2/4 off it whilst Hall has spent the season physically getting up to speed. Of our four summer buys Tino has been the only one fit/available for majority of the season and even he missed some crucial games.

I’d imagine 3 players for each third of the pitch we’ll be looking at. 4 if we add a GK.

49 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

So this summer and January might be a quiet-ish one, but next summer the January survival transfer window drops off plus our much greater commercial revenue should give us a big bit of movement 25/26 season?

Aye but we'll have much larger wages.

21 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Still think people are way too optimistic that we'll somehow magically be able to attract any interest in Wilson that Wilson also would be interested in. Nobody will be willing to offer anything meaningful to us, and nobody would risk committing to the wages he'd want. He's too old and too injury prone. If we're desperate and want to push him out, we might be able to find someone willing to pay his wages if we let him go for free imo.

Even an old, injury prone Callum Wilson will score more PL goals than Adam Armstrong next season. I reckon he'd score more than anyone Leicester can currently call upon, including Vardy. I know nothing about Ipswich's squad but I doubt they've got a 10 goal PL striker.

Short-term thinking, if my goal was not getting relegated, if my job depended on it, spending £10m on Callun Wilson is a risk I'd absolutely consider taking. 

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

Even an old, injury prone Callum Wilson will score more PL goals than Adam Armstrong next season. I reckon he'd score more than anyone Leicester can currently call upon, including Vardy. I know nothing about Ipswich's squad but I doubt they've got a 10 goal PL striker.

Short-term thinking, if my goal was not getting relegated, if my job depended on it, spending £10m on Callun Wilson is a risk I'd absolutely consider taking. 

I hope you're right :lol:

29 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I'm sure I heard a rumour in January that there was interest from Athletico, so I reckon even in the summer there will be interest from clubs either newly promoted or at the bottom of the league or even European clubs from Italy and Spain

Also think there would be interest in SA for him too,he spends a lot of holiday time in the region alreasy so I think there will be interest for him around the £10 to 15 million mark

33 minutes ago, Conjo said:

I could see him going to Saudi for a couple of years for a final big payday.

50 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The whole discussion is about selling Wilson. If we flog him, which seems inevitable at this point, Gordon is adequate third choice.

Gordon can play anywhere across our front three, Rolls Royce of a player

13 minutes ago, Funtime Frankie said:

I'm sure I heard a rumour in January that there was interest from Athletico, so I reckon even in the summer there will be interest from clubs either newly promoted or at the bottom of the league or even European clubs from Italy and Spain

Also think there would be interest in SA for him too,he spends a lot of holiday time in the region alreasy so I think there will be interest for him around the £10 to 15 million mark

Atletico Madrid was only a loan offer, if it is to be believed. Otherwise, he's a 32 y/o with two previous ACLs, who's missed 65 games over the last three seasons, with one year left on his deal. I don't think it's worth selling him for whatever nominal amount we might get. 

Whilst I don't agree with the part about Dummet. I am inclined to agree about Kelly. Last thing we need is another injury prone player. We need players that can play 50 games a season and just pick up niggles for the most part. Sure everyone is going to get a bad injury at some point but I'd rather target players who can play most weeks. Though, he'd probably cost 30 million.  Big signing on fee plus his wages over 4 years would probably be less than 30 million.

It's an interesting one but rather players with less of a track record with injuries.

I'd be considering Ross Barkley. While its taken some time, he seems to have matured. His touch and passing is great, he looks to be a lot stronger now and can tackle. I think he could slot into the no6 (we need that alternative for Bruno) or no8 role's easily and would add that extra control in midfield we probably need at times. 

Wouldn't be against also buying an experienced defensive midfielder who's happy to be cover and be a tactical option  off the bench or for particular games here and there. Then I'd be looking to sell Wilock unfortunately who I've rated but the injuries are too much and I think he can be too hit and miss.

Joelinton__Bruno__Tonali

Anderson__Barkley__Miley/Longstaff

As much as Barkley’s had a fantastic season, he’s 30 years old. There’s no way we target him in the summer. He has no sell-on value for us. He’s only going to get poorer given his age. Do I think he’s a good player, absolutely, but there’s a lot of factors at stake and we’ve made our transfer blueprint extremely clear now that we’re no longer relegation threatened

We're not a charity with a moral obligation to look at players who have fallen from grace who were once considered a great prospect. He's had a canny season for Luton, that's his level.

3 minutes ago, timnufc22 said:

I'd be considering Ross Barkley. While its taken some time, he seems to have matured. His touch and passing is great, he looks to be a lot stronger now and can tackle. I think he could slot into the no6 (we need that alternative for Bruno) or no8 role's easily and would add that extra control in midfield we probably need at times. 

Wouldn't be against also buying an experienced defensive midfielder who's happy to be cover and be a tactical option  off the bench or for particular games here and there. Then I'd be looking to sell Wilock unfortunately who I've rated but the injuries are too much and I think he can be too hit and miss.

Joelinton__Bruno__Tonali

Anderson__Barkley__Miley/Longstaff

Selling Willock to bring in Barkley is a surprising take. I'm not sure you'll find anyone agreeing with you about that.

Before this season Willock has been pretty consistent in the team, this is the worst season he's had for injuries by far. Plus he's 24, he can improve areas of his game and adapt to play with different players. Barkley is 30 now and he'll be coming into his last few years at the top level by next season.