NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

31 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I think if Wilson goes we need a target man to give us flexibility, some times you need a bit muscle up front at home in tight games against 10 defenders.

One in three in club career and a bit better than that in his performances for Slovenia (11 from 28). 6’5” and still not 21. Sounds like our kind of signing. 

Diomande, Sesko, Mamardashvili as the 3 main signings and we’d be fucking laughing.

As much as someone like Gibbs White would be great, an injury to Pope and no Botman means priorities are elsewhere for me.

37 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Diomande, Sesko, Mamardashvili as the 3 main signings and we’d be fucking laughing.

As much as someone like Gibbs White would be great, an injury to Pope and no Botman means priorities are elsewhere for me.

Those 3 would be superb. But would Mamardashvili come here to not be certain number 1? If we're spending big on a keeper then Pope has to leave, surely. Arsenal are proof it doesn't work having two competing "number 1s". 

We'd be better off going for a young keeper who doesn't cost a huge amount who can grow into his own and spend that £40M ish elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

Those 3 would be superb. But would Mamardashvili come here to not be certain number 1? If we're spending big on a keeper then Pope has to leave, surely. Arsenal are proof it doesn't work having two competing "number 1s". 

We'd be better off going for a young keeper who doesn't cost a huge amount who can grow into his own and spend that £40M ish elsewhere. 

The way Pope’s shoulder went during a routine save for the 2nd time, I’ve got my doubts about his durability going forward.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

The way Pope’s shoulder went during a routine save for the 2nd time, I’ve got my doubts about his durability going forward.

Plus he had to have surgery in the summer as well.

2 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Was watching Lille - Villa this week and the Lille keeper was excellent. I think he is just 22. Not sure about him from just watching one game, but could he be a cheaper alternative?

7 minutes ago, Disco said:

He’s clearly got potential but he was hugely at fault for the Villa goal. Their RB was their most impressive player.

Barely 22.

Those kind of mistakes most likely gone away with experience.

I guess that a risk worth taking for 2nd keeper considering Pope most likely to be the starter anyway next season .

7 minutes ago, Justdoesit said:

I can't say I've seen too much of him, but Noni Madueke (sp) seems class at Chelsea... is that somebody they would offload to balance some of their madness? 

If he has been class, probably not. Depends what a buying club is willing to spend I guess. 

9 minutes ago, Justdoesit said:

I can't say I've seen too much of him, but Noni Madueke (sp) seems class at Chelsea... is that somebody they would offload to balance some of their madness? 

I'd steer away personally. He comes across as a bit of a selfish player and not someone who would fit into our ethos. Take the Chelsea penalty incident last week. 

14 minutes ago, CPL said:

I'd steer away personally. He comes across as a bit of a selfish player and not someone who would fit into our ethos. Take the Chelsea penalty incident last week. 

Fair play! I think he played with Gordon with England, seems to be given Ake a bit of a problem here. Attitude is everything of course, so would leave him alone if that is an issue.

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

You can see why Howe would theoretically be after Gallagher given how he charges around off the ball hassling opponents.

He’s a perfect Howe midfielder. Represented England at all levels, 12 full caps, club captain at 24, covers every blade of grass. Think he’d cost too much now, unless we lose someone we don’t want to. 

I think Gallagher is over-rated, his effort is world class but his technical ability is not where we want to be.

A glorified McTominay if you like...:uglystupid2:

I just think if we're going for a midfielder we need a pure defensive mid  more than anything, tonali, bruno, longstaff, joelinton, miley all prefer pushing on in midfield. Need a natural sitter imo. Gallagher would be an upgrade on Longstaff sure but so arguably is tonali, would feel extravagant spend for that

21 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Tonali already is the Longstaff upgrade. 

Is he? A year out can be pretty detrimental, and we don't really know how good he is from the few games he actually played. Hopefully it's given him time to settle here and gain an understanding of expectations, but could easily go the other way and he's the next Aquilani.

Just now, gjohnson said:

Is he? A year out can be pretty detrimental, and we don't really know how good he is from the few games he actually played. Hopefully it's given him time to settle here and gain an understanding of expectations, but could easily go the other way and he's the next Aquilani.

He should be more than settle by the time he plays again.

1 hour ago, Tiresias said:

I just think if we're going for a midfielder we need a pure defensive mid  more than anything, tonali, bruno, longstaff, joelinton, miley all prefer pushing on in midfield. Need a natural sitter imo. Gallagher would be an upgrade on Longstaff sure but so arguably is tonali, would feel extravagant spend for that

I think we need a pure DM but they don't necessarily have to be a starter. It would just be nice to have the option and flexibility to play one in games where we think it's appropriate, or to bring one on as a sub. When you look at how easily we've been cut open in transition this season - even at home against poor opposition - it would make sense to have one available.

2 hours ago, buzza said:

I think Gallagher is over-rated, his effort is world class but his technical ability is not where we want to be.

A glorified McTominay if you like...:uglystupid2:

Gallagher ain't no McDominate super sub 😉